You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

14 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Fantastic news

He immediately goes to the top of my scapegoat list. Can't wait to indulge in some completely over the top hissy fits and hysterical overreaction to any perceived poor displays/mistakes

Exactly this - my angle is going to be that he has disrupted the team unity.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I could easily see that. Could certainly put the pressure on Gomez to match his form of a couple of seasons ago.

He hasn't looked on it for a while I don't think. And I like matip, but he just can't stay fit can he? I'm looking forward to seeing what klopp's plan is. I guess it could also be more 4231, which if we're rotating a lot perhaps suits minamino, origi, Shaq, bunhead and chamberlain more.  

17 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If he slots in and plays at his level, he'll rival Trent for assists, even from a deeper role.

Not sure, I think his ability to cope with the high press and find Trent/Robbo in space is going to be a bigger benefit than direct assists.  Will be fun finding out.

With Utd struggling with the Sancho deal, Looking like it might drag till the end of the window, and us looking to move on Div, Rhian, Wilson, Gruij,. Maybe Shaq, I hold out that we might pull a surprise off and get him. Probably fantasy but we must have something lined up for a forward. Can live in hope. More likely Sarr, but another player lost to Afcon on top of Mo and Sadio. Sancho would make so much sense on all levels. Amazing that one signing like Thiago can kickstart unrealistic optimism! 

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He hasn't looked on it for a while I don't think. And I like matip, but he just can't stay fit can he? I'm looking forward to seeing what klopp's plan is. I guess it could also be more 4231, which if we're rotating a lot perhaps suits minamino, origi, Shaq, bunhead and chamberlain more.  

Alisson

Trent

Virg

Fabinho

Robbo 

Hendo

Gini 

Thiago 
Mo

Bobby

Sadio

By some distance the best first 11 in Europe.

• Upvote 3

My only concern with Thiago is that we go through him to often. Like how we’d always look for Coutinho and when he left other players took more responsibility.

Given as he plays deeper, maybe Barca / Spain always having to go through Xavi is a better comparison.