You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure. It seems we may be clearing out the likes of Brewster, Wilson, Divock and the like. Keita would be the one Id ship out but I get the impression Jurgen thinks he will deliver.

Not sure Jurgen believes  he will deliver eventually, but he probably thinks he’s a good option , doing things other can’t.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure. It seems we may be clearing out the likes of Brewster, Wilson, Divock and the like. Keita would be the one Id ship out but I get the impression Jurgen thinks he will deliver.

Wilson isn’t going to make it here; if I were him I’d be be gutted that Grealish looks to be staying at Villa as he’d be a decent replacement and they’d have enough cash left over to strengthen elsewhere (which they clearly need to do). 

Seeing as we like to do our important business done early, I can’t imagine both Divock and Brewster leaving now. 

21 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Also from what German journos are saying he seems to be a really good lad. We only seem to sign sound lads under Jurgen.

Yeah, and that's not a coincidence. It's how you avoid players like Balotelli and Pogba and get players like Gini and Mane. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Joyce and Pearce on the Thiago train as well.

Funny considering Pearce was pouring cold water on the story in an Atheltic Q&A yesterday...

“At this stage, sources at both ends are adamant that there have been no negotiations between Liverpool and Bayern Munich over a fee for Thiago. The only contact has been with the Spain international’s representatives. Why? Firstly, I’ve been told that Liverpool would only make a move for Thiago if another centre midfielder was to leave. Finance is also an issue.

On the face of it, £30 million doesn’t sound much but it is for someone who you could sign on a pre-contract for nothing in January. He would also command wages of about £200,000 per week over a three or four-year period, which is a big commitment for someone who turns 30 this season.

Much depends on what happens with Wijnaldum and what money Liverpool can generate from sales in the coming weeks. Thiago clearly felt he had a move lined up somewhere, given that he said goodbye to his Bayern team-mates at the end of last season and put his house on the market. However, his future remains far from clear. I’d love to see Thiago at Anfield as he’s a class act, but looking at the balance of the squad, I actually think signing another centre-back and another wide attacker are bigger priorities.”