You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

21 minutes ago, The Guest said:

How do you know this? It seems blatantly obvious that’s what’s going to happen since Bayern started mouthing off.

What's the point though?.

He could be a bit useful for us before january. 

He's told Bayern he wants to leave so he either stays in limbo for a season or someone like PSG or Juventus come in and offer him a high wage and a decent signing on fee. 

If I was a guessing man which I am I’d agree with aws other than that threat isn’t to sign him in January it’s to get him on a free in the summer.  I reckon we’ve spoken to the player a while ago and agreed a plan of action and they had an idea of what Bayern would want for him from Thiago discussing it with them.  We’ve given them radio silence since they come out flapping which suggests we don’t fancy that money.  In reality the clubs tactic with it isn’t crazy at all.  We aren’t in dire need of a midfielder at all really.  Despite what these billionaire clubs and the mancs do it is crazy to pay £30m for a player who would be free next season when do you don’t need him yet.

The reason everyone is fuming is because we haven’t spent money and we probably should have signed Werner.  In reality that shouldn’t effect any situation with Thiago and I can’t imagine any amount of flapping from the fans will do either.  Thiago putting in some class performances has got everyone going as well.

From what we’ve seen the club have been very cold when it comes dealing in the transfer market and even our own players.  Convincing players to sign contracts when they clearly don’t see them getting into the team to protect investments and letting players run down contracts etc and jibbing targets seemingly at the drop of a hat.  I reckon they’ve asked Wijnaldum what he wants a fair while ago and he’s come in really high and played a bit of hardball so the club have then looked at their options.  They’ve then said to Thiago see your contract out at Bayern and at the same point Gini will be leaving us and your place in the starting 11 is there.  It’s classic Klopp and it will be how he’s sold his vision and how he’s convinced him.  If that’s the case then Gini will not be getting a new contract.

• Upvote 3

My guess is that Thiago is looking for huge wages and we're out.

There's a looming deep recession, ticket prices can't keep rising in-line with player wages, and the Chinese TV deal went wrong.

Yes, it's sobering, but Klopp is as much of a pragmatist as FSG and their economic advisors are.

One of the best outcomes right now would be selling Wijnaldum to Barca (as I assume he wants the move) and then getting money and Coutinho back.  Christ knows they probably owe us most of his transfer fee still. 

13 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

There's a looming deep recession, ticket prices can't keep rising in-line with player wages, and the Chinese TV deal went wrong.

Yes, it's sobering, but Klopp is as much of a pragmatist as FSG and their economic advisors are.

One of the best outcomes right now would be selling Wijnaldum to Barca (as I assume he wants the move) and then getting money and Coutinho back.  Christ knows they probably owe us most of his transfer fee still. 

News today is Koeman want coutinho to stay. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

News today is Koeman want coutinho to stay. 

Which manager wouldn't?  

They sold that Arthur to Juventus for a fortune as well, though they brought in Pjanic.  I don't think they can afford to let him go unless they bring someone in.  Busquets and Vidal wrong side of 32 as well. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Which manager wouldn't?  

They sold that Arthur to Juventus for a fortune as well, though they brought in Pjanic.  I don't think they can afford to let him go unless they bring someone in.  Busquets and Vidal wrong side of 32 as well. 

I think Vidal is getting the Suarez treatment too, it's just a matter of them sorting his payoff. 

38 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It’s like you’ve thrown up on the screen.  You think Barcelona owe us 70 odd million from a transfer that happened years ago?  The way Edwards and FSG operate they’d just be sitting there happy with that and wouldn’t have had them in front of every court possible?  It’s been widely reported that they paid the vast majority of the fee in guaranteed payments and the various add ons that were due have been paid.  They took a loan out to be able to pay us.  

Coutinho is on 250 grand a week as well.  You think bringing him back and losing Wijnaldum when he doesn’t know his arse hole from his ear hole and hasn’t since the day he left here instead of bringing one of the world best midfielders who is really in form.  You also seem to think that Barca are going to give us money and Coutinho for 1 year contract left Wijnaldum who they’re talking about offering 15m for.  The whole post is just a complete mess.