Jump to content
Elite

Thiago Alcantara

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, J-V said:

He'll end up at City.

That’d be a nightmare. He’s twice the midfielder David Silva is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Choice between playing for Klopp or Dildo Baggins?

 

Not a hard choice really. 

It will depend who comes up with the cash and I don’t think we will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I *think* Sportsbild are the more reliable one compared to Bild, but here goes... we’re interested but a bit skint, which would be the case for most clubs (except for PSG, City and Chelsea) because of Covid. Is this in-line with your understanding @El Rojo?
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I *think* Sportsbild are the more reliable one compared to Bild, but here goes... we’re interested but a bit skint, which would be the case for most clubs (except for PSG, City and Chelsea) because of Covid. Is this in-line with your understanding @El Rojo?
 

 

I enjoyed a wonderful, succulent chicken dinner over Zoom with Don Balon yesterday evening. He assures me that there’s substance to practically every link involving us this summer. 
 

Ever the linguist, he stonewalled me in his native tongue when I asked him which Norwich player we’d be signing, bidding me farewell in a friendly but firm manner. ‘Buen dia,’ he said. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

us being skint pisses me off. Size of our fan base alongside the massive success we've recently had, all these new partnership deals and the huge TV rights yet we now seem to be back in the David Moores situation. Can we really not afford a couple of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

us being skint pisses me off. Size of our fan base alongside the massive success we've recently had, all these new partnership deals and the huge TV rights yet we now seem to be back in the David Moores situation. Can we really not afford a couple of players.

Say you work in the motor trade and you have been placed on furlough, you are taking in 70% of your normal income and you have all bills up to date and have 100k in savings. You're not skint, far from it but until you know what they future holds you won't be getting the builders in to build an extension. 

 

We have plenty of money, if the future looks clearer before the transfer window shuts then we will spend some of it, if we have no date for the return of fans then we won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

us being skint pisses me off. Size of our fan base alongside the massive success we've recently had, all these new partnership deals and the huge TV rights yet we now seem to be back in the David Moores situation. Can we really not afford a couple of players.

Especially given the city case result, would it not be in everyone else’s interest for player values to be reset a bit after the insane inflation of recent years (of which we’ve been guilty of playing a part)?

 

this pandemic is practically the only sort of opportunity that might allow it.

 

i personally would welcome every team being more frugal this year, if it results in transfer fees being less disgustingly large for a while.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How on earth can we be skint. Its just an absolute nonsense. Tottenham have taken a £175 million loan from the BOE at 0.5% interest, on top of the enormous debt pile they already had. We've spent diddly squat for 2 years and been one of the highest grossing sports teams in the entire world in that time - forget about just football. Markets are flying, cheap capital is everywhere & vaccine producers are showing immune response in human trials. Am I suggesting we take on big loans? No. But you'd hope they have the foresight to not starve the squad of investment for a 2nd year running.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I enjoyed a wonderful, succulent chicken dinner over Zoom with Don Balon yesterday evening. He assures me that there’s substance to practically every link involving us this summer. 
 

Ever the linguist, he stonewalled me in his native tongue when I asked him which Norwich player we’d be signing, bidding me farewell in a friendly but firm manner. ‘Buen dia,’ he said. 

In an interview with his younger brother Rafinha, Sport has states he says he’s ‘about to leave Bayern Munich and sign for Manchester United.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that they might actually start getting a tune out of Pogba and Fernandes looks a really good player where does Thiago fit in at that lot? It wouldn’t surprise me in the least but given that funds are low even for them you’d think they’d spend on more urgent needs. You throw a top centre back and Sancho in to that team and the first 11 looks really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Given that they might actually start getting a tune out of Pogba and Fernandes looks a really good player where does Thiago fit in at that lot? It wouldn’t surprise me in the least but given that funds are low even for them you’d think they’d spend on more urgent needs. You throw a top centre back and Sancho in to that team and the first 11 looks really good.


Rashford          Greenwood          Sancho

 

           Pogba.                 Fernandes

 

                       Thiago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No2 said:

Say you work in the motor trade and you have been placed on furlough, you are taking in 70% of your normal income and you have all bills up to date and have 100k in savings. You're not skint, far from it but until you know what they future holds you won't be getting the builders in to build an extension. 

 

We have plenty of money, if the future looks clearer before the transfer window shuts then we will spend some of it, if we have no date for the return of fans then we won't.

It feels dishonest and opportunistic for them to say its because of the pandemic and thats not to diminish the effect of the virus.. Quiet transfer windows, selling to buy is not a new phenomenon for the club. We must of banked a buck or two with our frugality and success. We all applaud Klopps net spend since he's been here, so we are all aware its been done on a shoe string comparatively.  The  club shouts loudest with all its new partners and how clever we are commercially and the clubs value now going into the billions.

 

I'm no where near anti FSG I think they're good owners but they need to speculate when it's required, it goes back into their pocket anyway. To once again stand still at our peak would be criminal when you look at the 90s or after istanbul. We will never ever be a more attractive proposition than we are now. Klopp is a genius working miracles id be shocked if the stats don't show our players are performing well above their expected potential.

 

To be critical of them isnt an attack nor is it a desire to be City or Chelsea but a bit of foresight with signings knowing you can get it back in a year or two selling players rather than having to sell first to aquire anyone of real talent will eventually hold us back. Just as an example the club should be able to go out and buy.. say Havertz without the empire crumbling to dust an act of financial madness crippling us forever. To be competitive for a player or two now and then without selling a top player isnt fans being greedy or ridiculous in my opinion. We all just want to see us keep improving, keep being competitive and hopefully scaring the shit out of the rest of the league 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anubis said:


Rashford          Greenwood          Sancho

 

           Pogba.                 Fernandes

 

                       Thiago

They would need to add two quality defenders and swap out De Gea or that team would be a sieve at the back.

 

Course they could go all out Keegan looking to win 5-3 each week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

They would need to add two quality defenders and swap out De Gea or that team would be a sieve at the back.

 

Course they could go all out Keegan looking to win 5-3 each week

We are incredibly luck to have a brilliant ball playing defensive midfielder who just so happens to play in front of a defender who basically does the job of a brilliant ball playing defensive midfielder. United have neither of those so are restricted to playing McTominay or Matic. Their shite defence will be even shitter without proper protection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Glazers dont spend any money? Or is that just a trite excuse they trawl out when they are losing? They've spent mega money there over the past few years, way more than our lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×