You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

8 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Brings a new dimension to the team. What a player.

Main worry now is the drop in quality if he and Fabinho dont both play. Something to address in the summer.

Do you remember last year when Morton got some outings in that defensive midfield role and didn’t look out of place at all. 

I’d love to see more of him in cup matches and see if he can develop. He looked like he might have a chance.

11 hours ago, DJLJ said:

‘Only’ the 96% completion rate today. 
96%, 98%, 96% completion rates in the last 3 games. He is on a level above. Never seen anything like it. Unreal. 

He's missed a pass in all of his last 3 matches. This has to stop. Shite!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The player I’m most enjoying seeing at the moment. Ideally this is the standard he’ll be playing at all the time from now on. 

Can you imagine how far off we'd be right now if we had Gini's invisible act every other week instead of what this guy produces?

28 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Keeping him fit and signing Diaz has moved us up a level these last few months. Give him more legs next to him in midfield and we’ll win the lot next season. Looks boss with his shorts pulled up too. Not gay.

I wondered what was going on with his shorts! Thought he’d ripped them again.

I think Thiago is one of the most talented players to ever play for us - certainly in my match going days of 1990 since...

His longevity and / or fitness records will likely never see him mentioned alongside Dalglish or Gerrard but he's certainly Suarez levels of class.

He's an absolutely brilliant, brilliant footballer.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I had an Evertonian mate telling me he thinks Thiago is our biggest flop. All I could say was you don't watch us do you.

From Everton's perspective, he's a terrible bit of business. That is definitely a good thing.

12 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I think Thiago is one of the most talented players to ever play for us - certainly in my match going days of 1990 since...

His longevity and / or fitness records will likely never see him mentioned alongside Dalglish or Gerrard but he's certainly Suarez levels of class.

He's an absolutely brilliant, brilliant footballer.

Technically he is absolutely outstanding. Shame we didnt have him earlier in his career though. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Technically he is absolutely outstanding. Shame we didnt have him earlier in his career though. 

He also does the dirty work, sticks his foot in and works incredibly hard, to go with his technical abilities.

He’s also very good in the air. 

Only thing he lacks is pace.