You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

43 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Brilliant performance today absolutely bossed the midfield pretty obvious now  why Klopp went all out to get him .

Hate to go back to it but if that little over-rated bluenose twat hadn't snapped him in the Derby I reckon last season looks a lot different. He's fucking superb. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

World class performance from a wonderful player. As said above, whether he can stay fit or not could play a big part in how this season ends. Thiago, Keita and Fabinho are clearly our best three midfielders now, and two of the can’t be relied upon to stay fit, which is a bit of a worry.

No way Naby is in the best 3 for me. He was brilliant without the ball today but just okay with it.

Hendo isn’t in great form but when everyone is settled it’s Fabinho, Thiago and Hendo for me.

2 hours ago, Caramac said:

2LbXKMO.gif

I think this was just after Keown said MOTM was “obviously” between Mane and Diaz.

I think Keown is decent enough, but mystified how you could have such a good view of this match and not understand what happened.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Fabinho is the key to our midfield for me,but Thiago is a nice enhancement our side.

You’re underestimating him massively.  A nice enhancement?  He ran that show yesterday.  He won every 50-50, kept possession, and showed everyone else in the team that we should not be scared and panic around city.  Keita also had a huge part to play in that.  Thiago’s performance yesterday was the best midfield performance I’ve seen in a red shirt for at least 10 years. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

You’re underestimating him massively.  A nice enhancement?  He ran that show yesterday.  He won every 50-50, kept possession, and showed everyone else in the team that we should not be scared and panic around city.  Keita also had a huge part to play in that.  Thiago’s performance yesterday was the best midfield performance I’ve seen in a red shirt for at least 10 years. 

No I'm not. You are giddy for him but he's not featured enough to be considered as 'great' as you say he is. Fabinho is the key,if he is off the team is off,like last Sunday. Thiago is an embellishment,a very good one at that.

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

Big day for you, no doubt about it.

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Indeed.  And every Liverpool supporter. 

Yeah not sure why you have the monopoly on Thiago. His quality is and always was obvious. I was at Anfield for the stalemate a few years back against Bayern, and he looked great then. 

15 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Indeed.  And every Liverpool supporter. 

I remember the second half against Chelsea when I had my mouth open looking at how great he played, but last night was the first time I thought this is Xabi's successor and the guy Stringvest talks about. 

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah not sure why you have the monopoly on Thiago. His quality is and always was obvious. I was at Anfield for the stalemate a few years back against Bayern, and he looked great then. 

Well, because he's been good up until now, but not the God Stringy is constantly proclaiming him as after every game.