You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He creates the first goal with his perfect diagonal. He then plays on the edge as he usually does, but we aren't within touching distance of City today if he isn't there.

Creates the 1st goal? Oh do fuck off. The pass before the pass, before the pass, before we give it away, before we get it back, before the pass, before the pass, before the goal. You might as well said he passed it 2 games ago. It was just a standard diag pass that everyone in the team does all the time. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Creates the 1st goal? Oh do fuck off. The pass before the pass, before the pass before we give it away, before we get it back, before the pass, before the pass before the goal. You might as well said he passed it 2 games ago. It was just a standard diag pass that everyone in the team does all the time. 

Not really interested in your opinion on this topic, to be honest.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Creates the 1st goal? Oh do fuck off. The pass before the pass, before the pass, before we give it away, before we get it back, before the pass, before the pass, before the goal. You might as well said he passed it 2 games ago. It was just a standard diag pass that everyone in the team does all the time. 

It was far more than standard, and it put city right on the back foot, and from there we were able to score. 

he didn’t “create the first goal” directly, but we don’t score it without a really, really good pass by him. No harm crediting it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Clearly the best of our midfield that continues to get bullied and spaffed all over the shop by any top team 

We’re one point off an unprecedentedly financially doped team in the league, a game away from the FA Cup Final and a game away from the European Cup semis. Oh yeah, we’ve also won the League Cup. 

Long may the bullying of our midfield continue. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It was far more than standard, and it put city right on the back foot, and from there we were able to score. 

he didn’t “create the first goal” directly, but we don’t score it without a really, really good pass by him. No harm crediting it.

We don't score it without the wind blowing in the right direction, are we going to credit Michael Fish too? I've never known anyone be more tenuously linked to a goal in my life. Anything to give this guy credit in a fucking abject display where him and the 2 in with him were completely bossed. 

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Good, toddle off then back to your spreadsheet. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We don't score it without the wind blowing in the right direction, are we going to credit Michael Fish too? I've never known anyone be more tenuously linked to a goal in my life. Anything to give this guy credit in a fucking abject display where him and the 2 in with him were completely bossed. 

You know the way Stringvest is with Henderson, that’s you with Thiago. Never understood why some are so unbending on an opinion. With that being said I’m a bit like that with Keita although I did praise him for his performance against Leicester in the Carabao cup, I could never see you giving Thiago any praise.

18 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

You know the way Stringvest is with Henderson, that’s you with Thiago. Never understood why some are so unbending on an opinion. With that being said I’m a bit like that with Keita although I did praise him for his performance against Leicester in the Carabao cup, I could never see you giving Thiago any praise.

That might be true, because I think he's the most overrated player to ever play for us. So when he does play well, big fucking deal, you've earnt your 200k for once. But I'm the wrong one here? The lad passed the ball and the was a turn over of possession before we won the ball back and a great pull back from trent and Jota doing his stuff and we're supposed to think that's "creating" a goal? Honestly, it's fucking madness. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That might be true, because I think he's the most overrated player to ever play for us. So when he does play well, big fucking deal, you've earnt your 200k for once. But I'm the wrong one here? The lad passed the ball and the was a turn over of possession before we won the ball back and a great pull back from trent and Jota doing his stuff and we're supposed to think that's "creating" a goal? Honestly, it's fucking madness. 

Yeah.

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Should have been sent off and just as shit as the other two.

Agree. A couple of moments of magic,pass for first goal,but risking putting us down to ten men and playing one or two of his stupid passes. Fabinho was abysmal so he looked better than him but all three midfielders were poor. Thank god for our brilliant strikers,and GK, not to mention the best free transfer in football Joel Matip.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Haha, it was a good ball, maybe slightly better than standard, but have to agree with Bazza here. Bit of a stretch to say it created the goal.

Our MOTM in my honest opinion. The one player with any semblance of composure in our midfield. I was particularly disappointed with Fabinho, who didn’t turn up and couldn’t get anywhere De Bruyne who IMO was the overall MOTM. His performance reminded me of the away game against Arsenal in his first season. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Haha, it was a good ball, maybe slightly better than standard, but have to agree with Bazza here. Bit of a stretch to say it created the goal.

It was a lovely ball. Michael Owen made the point a couple of times post match. Without Thiago it would’ve been a comfortable win for City IMO. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

OK since the word "created" has annoyed so many, it was the "trigger" for the goal. Better? 

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It was a lovely ball. Michael Owen made the point a couple of times post match. Without Thiago it would’ve been a comfortable win for City IMO. 

It changed the direction and tempo of the move and put City on the back foot.  Pretty rare occurrence today.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Our MOTM in my honest opinion. The one player with any semblance of composure in our midfield. I was particularly disappointed with Fabinho, who didn’t turn up and couldn’t get anywhere De Bruyne who IMO was the overall MOTM. His performance reminded me of the away game against Arsenal in his first season. 

Our MOTM was either Alisson or Matip. Thiago was a bit down the list.