You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

14 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

His skill level and vision is ridiculous, it's like he's plugged into the Matrix, seeing multiple possibilities of what to do before he has the ball.

I wish we'd signed him earlier.

The amount of no-look passes he is playing is ridiculous. You can see that our other players at times aren’t ready for the pass, because he isn’t looking in their direction. Always looking for a forward pass, always looking to take out the opposition by playing forward through their lines. Really really good player. 

3 hours ago, DJLJ said:

The amount of no-look passes he is playing is ridiculous. You can see that our other players at times aren’t ready for the pass, because he isn’t looking in their direction. 

Well what's the point in that?  Ineffective, showboating, pisses me off.

I like Thiago but he has a tendency to have a once in a game brainfart that could be costly. His attempt to stop the ball going out for a throw near the halfway line that set up a Watford attack is an example.

Thankfully, we seem to get away with it. Long may it continue!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I like Thiago but he has a tendency to have a once in a game brainfart that could be costly. His attempt to stop the ball going out for a throw near the halfway line that set up a Watford attack is an example.

Thankfully, we seem to get away with it. Long may it continue!

it was actually quite comical and would definitely have made the end of season compilations had it resulted in a goal for them, but thankfully it didn't.  His overall contribution, though, and as always, dwarfed any rickets he made.  

1 minute ago, Mcfaggen said:

His ability to make space & change angles with a simple roll of his foot over the ball makes me think every other player on the park is playing a different game. 

It's not only the fact that his teammates can give him the ball in any position, and he will hardly ever lose it.  Just as important though, is his immense defensive contribution.  He's second only to Fabinho in the whole team for recovering possession.  

18 minutes ago, stringvest said:

it was actually quite comical and would definitely have made the end of season compilations had it resulted in a goal for them, but thankfully it didn't.  His overall contribution, though, and as always, dwarfed any rickets he made.  

I was quite expecting him to do the McMahon thing against arsenal where he lost possession, raced to the line to stop it going out, left the pitch got back on and played the ball before any oppo got near it. But the fact he was on his arse meant it was doubtful that would be repeated.

3 hours ago, Code said:

That one pass to Jones yesterday was outragous, shame Jones blazed it over the bar with a poor shot. 

Beg pardon.......I think you'll find its actually ridiculous. Outrageous surely gets trumped by ridiculous every day like.  

Unless he's being truly ridiculous, of course.

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wasn't as impressed with his performance as others seem to be. He's obviously a class player but so far is a bit of a luxury player and still tends to choose the difficult option far too much.

Please elaborate on what you mean by a luxury player. He does his fair share of defending. His passing completion rate is also up there so that means he successfully executes the difficult option more than most.