Elite

Thiago Alcantara

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Do you think we could sell him this summer?

There will be plenty of takers for him at 25 mil.

You're not serious, are you?

1 minute ago, m0e said:

There will be plenty of takers for him at 25 mil.

You're not serious, are you?

Yes I am. He is a great player but if this "mystery" injury has him unable to play for a couple months - and they have already said it will be a month before anything is done - then I am not so sure you are right. He is on a fair whack - not alot of clubs around who fit the profile of having the luxury to carry him in the squad playing 25 games a season. 

The others you mentioned we have been unable to sell - this summer we will see with Keita. 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The others you mentioned we have been unable to sell - this summer we will see with Keita. 

No. We haven't tried to sell.

Again, I don't know what the point of this is.

Thiago will be here as long as Klopp is, and at least until his contract us up.

1 minute ago, m0e said:

No. We haven't tried to sell.

Again, I don't know what the point of this is.

Thiago will be here as long as Klopp is, and at least until his contract us up.

If you say so.

Do you think we will try to sell Keita this summer?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you say so.

Do you think we will try to sell Keita this summer?

No idea. Probably not.

41 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do you think we could sell him this summer?

Maybe. Xavi supposedly loves him and if they can afford to sign feran Torres for 55m, perhaps they can muster whatever we want. Plus there's every chance coutinho ends up at villa (or Newcastle), so they'd probably free up his wages, bring in Thiago and have a few quid left over. And of course we will have amortised half of thiagos fee by then (and I'm sure we'd always planned to take that full hit with no resale value because of his age), so we might consider 10-15m plus clearing 10m a year off the wage bill as a good outcome. 

Obviously Chamberlain and keita should be at the front of the queue to leave, but it doesn't mean there'll be buyers. 

Klopp has denied the rumours that he is out for the season,

"No. Neither March nor end of season is in my mind," Klopp said when asked if the midfielder will miss the rest of the campaign.

"It is something around the hip," he added. "That is the situation he needs time. He did not train this week but we expect him to start rehab from Monday. It is not the case that he is out until the end of season."

Jurgen Klopp denies Liverpool's Thiago Alcantara will miss (sportsmole.co.uk)

Dont know what it is with the boy. Not a lot seems to have gone right for him since he signed. At least two bouts of covid, one not long after he arrived, that shite animal doing his knee in one of his first games and now this hip thing.

Very good player, but we need to cut our losses and move him on rather than getting shafted by his unavailability yet again next season.

We needed him badly against Leicester, Spurs and Chelsea when our league challenge was on the line. The exact same thing will happen again shortly after he returns, as that’s been his career with us to date. 

We can't sell Thiago, we have far greater problems than him, even just in the midfield. 

He's one of the few players who transcend Klopp's style. He might be injured too often, but we need his raw talent. What's happening with Milner and Henderson right now is what happens when two decent footballers who were propped up by Klopp's genius now are on the decline. It's ugly. We can barely get a win with those two in midfield. We have to persevere with Thiago. It's not possible to replace so many midfielders at the same time, and Milner, Ox and Keita have to be dealt with first. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We can't sell Thiago, we have far greater problems than him, even just in the midfield. 

He's one of the few players who transcend Klopp's style. He might be injured too often, but we need his raw talent. What's happening with Milner and Henderson right now is what happens when two decent footballers who were propped up by Klopp's genius now are on the decline. It's ugly. We can barely get a win with those two in midfield. We have to persevere with Thiago. It's not possible to replace so many midfielders at the same time, and Milner, Ox and Keita have to be dealt with first

Agree with this. Even if Henderson is currently pushing hard to get his name on that list.

On 14/01/2022 at 15:37, 3 Stacks said:

He's one of the few players who transcend Klopp's style. He might be injured too often, but we need his raw talent. What's happening with Milner and Henderson right now is what happens when two decent footballers who were propped up by Klopp's genius now are on the decline. It's ugly. We can barely get a win with those two in midfield. We have to persevere with Thiago. It's not possible to replace so many midfielders at the same time, and Milner, Ox and Keita have to be dealt with first. 

For my money 1 out and 1 in in Jan then 1 maybe 2 out and 1 in in summer would do it for me.

On 14/01/2022 at 16:29, El Rojo said:

Very good player, but we need to cut our losses and move him on rather than getting shafted by his unavailability yet again next season.

We needed him badly against Leicester, Spurs and Chelsea when our league challenge was on the line. The exact same thing will happen again shortly after he returns, as that’s been his career with us to date. 

What losses?

Thiago is pure quality. Our season depend on him being fit as soon as possible.

With that said; I am beginning to despice those players who are regularly out of play with «mystic injuries». A bunch of girls. We even had one of our midfielders out of play for a few games with a sore neck after a plane trip. Try telling that to Souness, McMahon or Steven G (or….ehhhhmm..Gini).

3 hours ago, Judge said:

Thiago is pure quality. Our season depend on him being fit as soon as possible.

With that said; I am beginning to despice those players who are regularly out of play with «mystic injuries». A bunch of girls. We even had one of our midfielders out of play for a few games with a sore neck after a plane trip. Try telling that to Souness, McMahon or Steven G (or….ehhhhmm..Gini).

Wasn't keita out earlier this season for tripping on the grass?