Elite

Thiago Alcantara

28 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

How is a midfield of Fabinho, Henderson & Jones with Milner & Ox on the bench a disaster?

Because of FSG yacht salary fraud sell-to-buy BINGO

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

How is a midfield of Fabinho, Henderson & Jones with Milner & Ox on the bench a disaster?

It's not.

Look at our rivals bench today.

Screenshot_20210925-132348_SofaScore.jpg

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

It's not.  

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They've got about six central midfielders starting, to be fair.

They've also got 2 players no one has ever heard of on the bench. With no injuries.

It's a complete myth that we don't have a 'complete' squad.

12 hours ago, m0e said:

You don't think Curtis Jones will contribute as much as Nat Phillips if he has to play regularly?

Did you think Nat Phillips would contribute as much as Nat Phillips this time last year?

I like where you’re going with this. Get Nat in the midfield sharpish. Yes mate.

11 minutes ago, belarus said:

I like where you’re going with this. Get Nat in the midfield sharpish. Yes mate.

TotalDeliciousAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

1 hour ago, m0e said:

They've also got 2 players no one has ever heard of on the bench. With no injuries.

"I need £200m for some new full backs" message from the manager.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I have no idea.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

If this chap was available to replace Jones instead of Firmino, we would have won tonight. 

Not sure the right substitution was to take off Curtis, no matter who was available. He was one of our better players. I would have looked at Robbo or Mane, who were both rubbish, before thinking of taking Curtis off, who I thought did well. 

1 minute ago, DJLJ said:

Not sure the right substitution was to take off Curtis, no matter who was available. He was one of our better players. I would have looked at Robbo or Mane, who were both rubbish, before thinking of taking Curtis off, who I thought did well. 

Yep. I’m sure a lot of it is based on GPS stats, but surely the adrenaline of pinging one in from 30 yards buys a player ten more minutes? 

Could it have been the case that they’d already processed whatever paperwork they needed and that they’d no choice but to bring him off despite scoring?

It was an unnecessarily positive move too, a striker for a midfielder. 

Firmino was the only sub, which means I doubt it had much tactical intent. Honestly, it was probably just about getting him minutes back from injury before two important games in which he'll feature, but it blew up in Klopp's face. 

Bobby was clearly coming in to try and win the game for us. It was 2 all at the time.

It put Mo central, which was shite, Jota right, which was shite, and kept Mane on the pitch.

And that's without even talking about how well Jones did, and what he may have done after that goal.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

If this chap was available to replace Jones instead of Firmino, we would have won tonight. 

If Thiago had been availible, we would probably have been 0-3 up at the time, and maybe C.Jones had come on to replace him. 

4 minutes ago, m0e said:

Bobby was clearly coming in to try and win the game for us. It was 2 all at the time.

It put Mo central, which was shite, Jota right, which was shite, and kept Mane on the pitch.

And that's without even talking about how well Jones did, and what he may have done after that goal.

Yeah, the 4 forwards don't particularly play well together and the positioning is usually weird.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, the 4 forwards don't particularly play well together and the positioning is usually weird.

I think he gave up on trying to control the game and went for the "score more than them" plan.