You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Maybe I'm being a massive fanny but Gini can now fuck off after pulling a gimped out face when scoring. Hard to warm to someone who doesn't care if your team's winning or not.

What???!!!! Gini smiles when he's having a shit 

Guest Alex_K
10 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Maybe I'm being a massive fanny but Gini can now fuck off after pulling a gimped out face when scoring. Hard to warm to someone who doesn't care if your team's winning or not.

That’s a really, really stupid take. The team has dropped a lot of needless points of late & were just humiliated going into half time evens against a non-pro team. There was nothing to celebrate with the goal. It was absolute bare-minimum to avoid professional humiliation for Gini & co who Klopp likely made furious with themselves. This set of players has the quality to be epoch-defining. We’ve let ourselves down recently (through blend of reasons).

RE: Thiago - his CV probably places him as a top 5 PL mid in the last 20 years. Possibly even better. Even someone like David Silva didn’t whip up the global reputation Thiago has. V excited to see him play United & total game changer for the team, as he was always going to be.

14 minutes ago, Aventus said:

There's something very erotic about how he controls the ball. 

"Controlling the ball is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman. First, you've got to read her right, then, you've for to make sure you give it just the right touch, so she doesn't skip away from you."

what-a-character-why-swiss-toni-from-the-fast-show-is-a-tv-great.jpg

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

As I said, probably reading it wrong but it was jarring how he actually looked miserable after scoring.

Gini was all smiles in the first half when he missed a chance. We were 1 nil up at the time. You must have missed that.

Maybe that's his new mode. Smile when missing chances, frown when scoring. Wasn't the only one who did it by the way. Salah also did same as Gini. It's really nothing to read into. Probably won't stop body language experts thinking it's an indication they have both handed in their transfer requests though.

I'd have thought it was more embarrassment to be honest...what was it an hour in and we were still level.

I play in a darts league on a Monday night (kind of athlete i am) well did before this covid shite and i remember one week drew in my singles game some lad who was proper shite - think he was only in team to make up numbers as they were short....

He was spraying them all over the place including off the board, but he did hit one big score in leg was something mad like t16, a bull and a t18 to get 150 odd...anyway i did my usual sort of average pub darts of 60, 45, 60, 85, 45, 60 and maybe one ton - you know that sort of plodding mediocre pub league stuff all way down to a double and then just could not finish - must have wired about 12 darts at a double.

He actually ended up having darts at a double himself which were comically badly missed, but still i just could not finish...ended up on the famous mad house d1 which he only got to by accident -  and he nearly won game when after some half way up the tyre and a few closer to bull than d1 he put one right on wire...eventually after a few more misses i hit it and turned round looking a bit like Gini there and shook his hand and said 'well played' - rest of the lads were slaughtering me.

Usually a leg win and point for the team is hard fought and need to be much better than that to win it!

I ended up dropped the following week too as whoever has the lowest average across the night is dropped the following week....no way is was recovering that shite with the pairs or 4's!

I think Gini was feeling like i was there.

• Upvote 1

On 09/01/2021 at 18:20, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Thiago has played for Barca and Bayern, two teams who are presented with low block opposition almost every week.

He showed the team how to find the gaps.

He's astonishingly good.

To be fair, we have been beating opposition set up like that very consistently for the last few seasons without him. Saying that, he clearly does seem to add a different solution to that problem so all the better. Will be sight to behold when the team as a whole click again, and get Van Dijk back also!

I remember watching a thing about Michael Jordan before, about when he came out of retirement before the second three-peat. 
Might’ve been BJ Armstrong saying that when Jordan went back training, lads were getting the ball into the face left, right and centre. They weren’t expecting to receive the passes they were getting as they couldn’t see the gaps. 
Think Thiago is like that. 
He’ll see gaps, and thread the ball through them. 
The other fuckers had better be awake!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ManéMan said:

To be fair, we have been beating opposition set up like that very consistently for the last few seasons without him. Saying that, he clearly does seem to add a different solution to that problem so all the better. Will be sight to behold when the team as a whole click again, and get Van Dijk back also!

A couple of little through balls down the side of the box just cut open some space. Our front 3 used to find each other with balls like that all the time, but now cant find white on rice. Hopefully Thiago reminds them how to do a footballing.

The big switches from one flank to the other are missing this year, Van Dijk used to play a lot of them. Hoping Thiago can pick up the slack.

No idea why Trent has stopped playing them though. Pinged a superb one to Mane against Newcastle in the first half then didn't bother attempting another one.

1 hour ago, Halcyon Days said:

Really hope this fellas as good as we all think, can stay fit and do it when it matters starting Sunday.

Think some are putting all their expectations on both him and Jota during this poor run. Southampton showed when the team's playing poorly, there's no single player who makes the difference to the result.

We need to get out of this slump and quick.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's a world class player in the prime of his career. The expectations on him are very high, and rightfully so.

Agreed. He's world class and has shown in glimpses what he's capable of, just needs to stay fit. I don't know what his injury record is like, I'm hoping he's not a Rob Jones and it was just an unfortunate start. Not the first player to fall foul of an everton yard dog over the years.