You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Agreed. 

Luxury players are people like Pogba and Ozil, Thiago is arguably our most important midfielder. 

He was phenomenal last night, as good a performance as I've ever seen from a Liverpool midfielder. 

He was.  He is. 

5 hours ago, stringvest said:

I think we'll definitely need to agree to disagree re Henderson and Thiago.  Let's just talk about Fabinho.  I think we can agree he's getting back to something approaching his best for us - he's looking mobile and energetic again.  

Not really. I think Thiago is a superb player,if available for selection. You just think Henderson is crap despite how he plays. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not really. I think Thiago is a superb player,if available for selection. You just think Henderson is crap despite how he plays. 

Wrong.  I thought Henderson was good in the first half yesterday, but dropped his level in the second half.

Just now, No2 said:

I don't want to take all the credit because its Thiago that went out and done it but since I called him out on needless risky passing and reckless tackling he's cut it right out.

Not all Heroes wear Capes

He was boss in the run in last season. He's just turned in two masterful performances as the season starts to wind up and looks really, really keyed in.

He's a man for the big moment. If we keep him fit, we can win the lot.

Thought the boy was phenomenal last night, he was at the centre of everything. It's really hard to pick the best player out of that performance as everyone was excellent but I think he shaded it.

Was really concerned when he seemed to fall on his arse stretching for a ball late in the 2nd half then started signalling to the bench he wanted to come off. I know Jurgen has said it was because of his ripped shorts(?) and hope he just had a numb bum and nothing more serious.

3 hours ago, xabi the red said:

didn't he also do a mad diving header/block towards the end or was I just tripping by then

Yeah. He first passed it and that got blocked up in the air and then he headed it as a pass instead. That blocked pass was counted as one of his 5, yes five misplaced passes in the game. 

18 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Damned with faint praise.

Seriously, what do you expect?  Henderson gets judged far more leniently than most for his on field activity by almost everyone on here.  Watch the game again, and tell me how you could legitimately disagree with what I've said there.   Compare and contrast with Thiago, who let's not forget, does everything that Henderson is supposed to do, as well as the stuff that you regard as non-essential.  

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Seriously, what do you expect?  Henderson gets judged far more leniently than most for his on field activity by almost everyone on here.  Watch the game again, and tell me how you could legitimately disagree with what I've said there.   Compare and contrast with Thiago, who let's not forget, does everything that Henderson is supposed to do, as well as the stuff that you regard as non-essential.  

For what it's worth mate I don't even think Henderson had a 'good' first half. He was ok but every other one of our players was on another level. 

Best thing I can remember him doing all game was staring rat boy out. 

40 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Load of nonsense but not surprise what you repeatedly spout about Henderson. Jurgen must be severely short sighted not to agree with you, eh?

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

For what it's worth mate I don't even think Henderson had a 'good' first half. He was ok but every other one of our players was on another level. 

Best thing I can remember him doing all game was staring rat boy out. 

Absolutely bizarre, he was very impressive in the first half and Klopp wouldnt have kept him on if everyone else was on another level. Flagged a bit in the 2nd but nowhere near as bad as his constatnt detractors make out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Load of nonsense but not surprise what you repeatedly spout about Henderson. Jurgen must be severely short sighted not to agree with you, eh?

Absolutely bizarre, he was very impressive in the first half and Klopp wouldnt have kept him on if everyone else was on another level. Flagged a bit in the 2nd but nowhere near as bad as his constatnt detractors make out.

did you read what I said about his performance, or are you just assuming I said he was bad?