You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

His medals will say he's class,as will his teammates. 

I don’t give a flying fuck what he’s done elsewhere tbh.  It’s fucked two of our seasons up and always was gonna be the case.

Of course we should be able to sign a luxury player like Thiago on top of our proper squad but we can’t.  

There’s a lot of players that have been good footballers but utterly dreadful signings.  Won’t help us pretending how class sicknote is when we’re watching a dysfunctional midfield.  A midfield that will continue to be shite until Thiago, oxocube and Kieta are replaced with proper quality.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, stringvest said:

not in our team they're not

No shit.  They were back when our fully functional midfield ran rings around Thiago and his world class team mates.  Those were good days.  Then again people didn’t rate Henderson and Wijnaldum back then either when it was happening right in front of their eyes.

1 hour ago, Code said:

Because Jones had become one year older and Elliott was brought back from loan with intention of getting regular playing time in midfield. 

I like both of them, but they’re generally reserve rather than starting talents. Particular Elliott - I doubt we intended playing an 18 year old into the ground this season if he’d stayed fit. 

22 hours ago, aws said:

A pity Bob Paisley isn't still around to diagnose him just by watching him walk.  

Bob would tell him to play. 

6 hours ago, Moo said:

Agree to a large extent, although I don't associate him with not signing a CB as we should have been able to get both.

Personally I see the Lovren being exchanged for Kostas almost penny for penny as the reason we were short of centre backs last year. 

10 hours ago, Moo said:

Unflushable turd territory.

You do know that an unflushable turd refers to a shit footballer we can't get rid of, and who we're stick with until their contract us up.

A Karius, if you will.

Shockingly shite use of an awesome metaphor.

8 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I like both of them, but they’re generally reserve rather than starting talents. Particular Elliott - I doubt we intended playing an 18 year old into the ground this season if he’d stayed fit. 

I fully believe that Elliot would be starting the majority of our games if he stayed fit, and everyone on here would be wanking themselves silly over how good he could potentially be for us in the future. 

We'll have to postpone it for a bit, but the wankfest is imminent. 

14 minutes ago, Moo said:

Origi has done more for us than Thiago has, and I will go out on a limb and say more than Thiago ever will.

Maybe.

But one, we've tried and failed to sell for 5 or 6 windows, and 1 isn't up for sale, and hasn't ever been.

You're more of an unflishable turd than Thiago.

13 minutes ago, m0e said:

Maybe.

But one, we've tried and failed to sell for 5 or 6 windows, and 1 isn't up for sale, and hasn't ever been.

You're more of an unflishable turd than Thiago.

It's been applied to unwanted injury prone players in the past too.

It's early days for Thiago at LFC and while my comment, which you've taken quite seriously, was very much tongue in cheek, it's not looking great.

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's been applied to unwanted injury prone players in the past too.

Who is Thiago unwanted by? You?

No wonder you're having difficulty flushing him.

It makes literally no sense as a metaphor for an injured player who is not for sale.

But you carry on.

7 minutes ago, m0e said:

You've snuck in the word "unwanted " there.

No wonder you're having difficulty flushing him.

It makes literally no sense as a metaphor for an injured player who is not for sale.

But you carry on.

I see you're still taking a tongue in cheek irreverent comment about his injury record quite seriously, and quite literally.  Seems a bit precious really but you carry on.

19 minutes ago, m0e said:

I don't know who we could sell him to and get back the 25mil now - and if we don't sell him this summer and things continue on as they have with his fitness we will have a 32 year old going into the last year of his deal next summer. That may not be unflushable but it certainly is not an envious position to be in.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't know who we could sell him to and get back the 25mil now - and if we don't sell him this summer and things continue on as they have with his fitness we will have a 32 year old going into the last year of his deal next summer. That may not be unflushable but it certainly is not an envious position to be in.

I'm sure thiago will be just fine regardless!