You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

Jurgen Klopp "Thiago we have to clarify a little bit. Nothing is ruptured, nothing is broken, but the impact on the leg was that big, it is still not OK. It's not massive, he trains from time to time, but it will take some more steps. It will take a few weeks still."

This is part of the issue on this one for me. There's no set back, yet he's been close to coming back since a day or two after the injury. Either we're missing something which is not a great reflection on our medical team or thiago has a touch of the sturridges about him and just won't go on the pitch unless he's perfect. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wicket said:

That fucking Everton game is turning out to be the shitty gift that keeps giving. Unbelievable the number of knock on effects those 2 injuries have had on us

Klopp needs to go full Ferguson before every derby in future. Don’t finish a sentence without mentioning that the referee will have to be strong and protect our players. We need the ref to be thinking possible straight red card for their players whenever they go for a standing tackle, let alone a slide.

Also, our players will be doing the team a disservice if they don’t go down like Lee Harvey Oswald is in the Gwladys Street End whenever they feel something approaching contact.

I don't care what anyone says. Challenges like this should see the offender banned for as long as the injured player is. A panel of ex players should review them and deem the challenges as malicious or not and they can recommend to the fa to ban said offender. The first cunt that does get banned would guarantee those challenges would cease overnight. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Twats Everton. 

We should have the best goalie, centre back, midfielder and four best attackers in the world unleashing hell. Instead we're shuffling youth players along the back four. 

That's it isn't it. It's not just Virgil and Thiago been missing, it's the extra strain on the other players like Gini, Hendo and Millie.

Take Joe Gomez. His injury may have been prevented if he got a rest for one or two games, which he may well have, were it not for Virgil's injury. Likewise I wonder would Trent have been rested were Virgil in the centre if the defence and that could have stopped his injury.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Brownie said:

Good news that the scans show no damage. Hopefully it’s just a case of resting it for a few more weeks.

I’m still furious at the challenge, it was absolutely disgraceful.

I think that challenge was actually worse than the Pickford one. The Pickford one was extremely dangerous, and should probably have been punished with more than a three game ban. Still I think it was Pickford’s lack of control and timing that caused it, more than it was an intention to cause injury.

The Richarlison one however was fully intentional, he went in with his full body weight and a straight leg with the intention to hurt his opponent.

6 games for Pickford and 15-20 games for Richarlison would perhaps have been about right. You very rarely see things like the Richarlison one these days, and there should be no room for it. 

Of course the FA will be happy to give the same punishment for that as they do for the Martial one against Spurs which didnt have the potential to hurt a fly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I think that challenge was actually worse than the Pickford one. The Pickford one was extremely dangerous, and should probably have been punished with more than a three game ban. Still I think it was Pickford’s lack of control and timing that caused it, more than it was an intention to cause injury.

The Richarlison one however was fully intentional, he went in with his full body weight and a straight leg with the intention to hurt his opponent.

6 games for Pickford and 15-20 games for Richarlison would perhaps have been about right. You very rarely see things like the Richarlison one these days, and there should be no room for it. 

Of course the FA will be happy to give the same punishment for that as they do for the Martial one against Spurs which didnt have the potential to hurt a fly. 

Come on Joey. Everton are the real victims here. The pressure they've had to cope with after the unparalleled slaughtering they've had from the red media and manoeuvrings from the powers that be has meant they've lost a title that was clearly going to be theirs, it was all but won. They were on the verge of relentless success for a generation and it's all been taken away from those who just don't want them to succeed. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Come on Joey. Everton are the real victims here. The pressure they've had to cope with after the unparalleled slaughtering they've had from the red media and manoeuvrings from the powers that be has meant they've lost a title that was clearly going to be theirs, it was all but won. They were on the verge of relentless success for a generation and it's all been taken away from those who just don't want them to succeed. 

Have to admit emotions got the better of me there for a moment. I’ve had a nice long walk no, calmed down, and came to the same conclusion as you.

Do you reckon perhaps a public apology from our club to them, and all their honest faithful supporters is called for?

• Upvote 1

I mentioned on a mates group whatsapp earlier, Im still irrationally angry about that Everton game.

Th injustice of it. Suarez has tenuous accusations of racism flung at him, banned and fined. He bites Chiellini (you cant do that)- banned and fined. Misses around 12 league games yet his "victims" dont miss a single seconds football.

On the other hand, you actively smash the shit out of an opponents knee, no intention of playing the ball at all, and your good as gold- nothing to see here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Have to admit emotions got the better of me there for a moment. I’ve had a nice long walk no, calmed down, and came to the same conclusion as you.

Do you reckon perhaps a public apology from our club to them, and all their honest faithful supporters is called for?

I think it would be better if we gave them our liverbird, it's their anyway. And maybe all our trophies too, they're theirs anyway, we'd be nothing without them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 23:11, Dave D said:

I mentioned on a mates group whatsapp earlier, Im still irrationally angry about that Everton game.

Th injustice of it. Suarez has tenuous accusations of racism flung at him, banned and fined. He bites Chiellini (you cant do that)- banned and fined. Misses around 12 league games yet his "victims" dont miss a single seconds football.

On the other hand, you actively smash the shit out of an opponents knee, no intention of playing the ball at all, and your good as gold- nothing to see here.

Talking about bans and Suarez.

Where's the 8 match ban for Cavani after yelling "Negro" at someone?

Tom

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1