You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

3 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Still not back in full training despite seemingly beginning light training a few weeks back. And no sign of even that at the moment. 

Beginning to worry that he’s going to require surgery on that knee after all. 

Would not surprise me. I reckon the yard dog did some damage to that patella tendon or the knee cap itself.

3 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Still not back in full training despite seemingly beginning light training a few weeks back. And no sign of even that at the moment. 

Beginning to worry that he’s going to require surgery on that knee after all. 

Starting to remind me of when Gomez got that injury against Burnley the club kept saying it was grand a few weeks went by no sign of Gomez coming back training and they eventually they went and got surgery on his knee to sort it and it delayed his recovery by a good while

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Starting to remind me of when Gomez got that injury against Burnley the club kept saying it was grand a few weeks went by no sign of Gomez coming back training and they eventually they went and got surgery on his knee to sort it and it delayed his recovery by a good while

Gomez broke his leg against Burnley. If we're thinking of the same incident, that was pretty clear. After the Ben Mee tackle.

This seems like a situation where the club have no idea what's wrong with Thiago. But if he's going to keep missing games, they need to make a better effort of saying why.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Gomez broke his leg against Burnley. If we're thinking of the same incident, that was pretty clear. After the Ben Mee tackle.

This seems like a situation where the club have no idea what's wrong with Thiago. But if he's going to keep missing games, they need to make a better effort of saying why.

You seem to be conflating the club not talking about his injury with them having no idea what’s wrong with him. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Numero said:

You seem to be conflating the club not talking about his injury with them having no idea what’s wrong with him. 

Well how are we supposed to know? Joyce came out with an article today saying Thiago is out for quote: "an undetermined amount of time". So not much clarity there.

Now there's pic that came out of him talking to Robertson at the Training Centre and he's wearing stuff that would indicate he's doing fitness work or doing training of some kind, but other than that we know nothing and what was described in the beginning as a not serious injury has had him out for a month. Not real normal, is it?

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

screenshot_20201018-065639.png?w=720

d55133b95f8b89fa2f18bb39a5d077df.png&qua

I'm surprised he hasn't been ruled out for the season like VVD to be honest. 

Still get a fucking surge of rage when I see that, the horrible little cunt - not fit to strap the sock to the knee he’s trying to take off, and his little fucking cunt pal Digne making a joke out of it before he tries to rake an Achilles’ tendon off someone else a week later.

Not generally one to wish ill on football players but I do hope someone does the same back to them both, see how funny it is or how big an Everton legend they are then. Pair of little fucking cunts.

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well how are we supposed to know? Joyce came out with an article today saying Thiago is out for quote: "an undetermined amount of time". So not much clarity there.

Now there's pic that came out of him talking to Robertson at the Training Centre and he's wearing stuff that would indicate he's doing fitness work or doing training of some kind, but other than that we know nothing and what was described in the beginning as a not serious injury has had him out for a month. Not real normal, is it?

All I really need to know is whether or not he is available on the match day when the teams are announced. I’m not really expecting much. 

22 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

That Richarlison tackle looks worse every time you see it. How the fuck that little cunt only got away with a 3 game ban is beyond comprehension. 

What goes around comes around.

The mongrel will get his - and it will be great to see.

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

screenshot_20201018-065639.png?w=720

d55133b95f8b89fa2f18bb39a5d077df.png&qua

I'm surprised he hasn't been ruled out for the season like VVD to be honest. 

yeah, but we see tackles like this all the time and mostly players do just pick themselves up. the issue here is klopp has been suggesting he is close in every fixture since the derby and he's still not got on the pitch - which as @3 Stacks said it suggests the club are not sure what's wrong with him. if they'd have just said right after the derby "that'll be 4-6 weeks", you'd have just thought ok it was a bad tackle. but they didn't and have suggested it's not that bad.