You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

Although Klopp said Thiago was out Sunday, he did say “these things are taken day by day”. 

It’s unlikely but you never know. 

So frustrating that he’s looked very good in his two performances and that’s all we’ve seen of him. 

Personally, I don’t think these 2 absences  are in the same context of his past injury record.

Somebody like Sturridge or Matip or Diaby or Duncan Ferguson, constant minor muscle injuries. As the song said, in for a week out for a month. 

Thiago can hardly be blamed for livin in a national hotspot and catching one of the most contagious viruses the planet has ever experienced and being injured from

that tackle from Richarldson - I doubt many players would have walked away from that challenge unscathed. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How come? 

The whole cosmic Scouser thing. He drawls instead of talks. Swears too much - dunno if he thinks it makes him look cool or something. He's always on the Anfield Wrap and you'd think he was Johnny Cash reincarnated the way they go on. 

I hate the whole "we're Scouse not English" schtick and he just reminds of that. I used to hate going to away games (not that I do anymore) there'd always be loud mouths exaggerating their accents - proper Harry Enfield Scousers stuff. Seemed to be getting worse as the years went on. 

It's why I could never warm to Shack. Seen them live a couple of times and just thought it was all a bit professional Scouse. Yeah mate keep swearing it makes you look dead hard even though you're playing a local daytime festival with families here. 

Don't like his songs either. 

Dunno maybe he's great and I'm missing out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I know we've only had brief glimpses of him, but he was made for that second half yesterday. Convinced we would of won that with him in the team. 

When we get pressed, we need someone who is comfortable in tight situations with the ball at his feet he's that player and for me, he would of passed us through them and got us back on track to where we where in the first 30 minutes. 

Hope he's fit a raring for Leicester. 

14 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

I know we've only had brief glimpses of him, but he was made for that second half yesterday. Convinced we would of won that with him in the team. 

When we get pressed, we need someone who is comfortable in tight situations with the ball at his feet he's that player and for me, he would of passed us through them and got us back on track to where we where in the first 30 minutes. 

Hope he's fit a raring for Leicester. 

Yea, we got pressured into punting possession back to them for the last 30 mins, when a little coolness could have played out on the deck and around their press

12 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Yea, we got pressured into punting possession back to them for the last 30 mins, when a little coolness could have played out on the deck and around their press

Klopp said post match that we played too many long balls when we got mentally tired, easy way out rather than right way.  

It wasn't a dig at the players, obviously he never would, just as a way of explanation.

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Klopp said post match that we played too many long balls when we got mentally tired, easy way out rather than right way.  

It wasn't a dig at the players, obviously he never would, just as a way of explanation.

That, combined with distribution being poor from the defenders just meant a lot of chasing. Ironically the "easy way" probably resulted in MORE running and chasing.

On 09/11/2020 at 15:03, johnsusername said:

The whole cosmic Scouser thing. He drawls instead of talks. Swears too much - dunno if he thinks it makes him look cool or something. He's always on the Anfield Wrap and you'd think he was Johnny Cash reincarnated the way they go on. 

I hate the whole "we're Scouse not English" schtick and he just reminds of that. I used to hate going to away games (not that I do anymore) there'd always be loud mouths exaggerating their accents - proper Harry Enfield Scousers stuff. Seemed to be getting worse as the years went on. 

It's why I could never warm to Shack. Seen them live a couple of times and just thought it was all a bit professional Scouse. Yeah mate keep swearing it makes you look dead hard even though you're playing a local daytime festival with families here. 

Don't like his songs either. 

Dunno maybe he's great and I'm missing out. 

I was with you till you started on Shack! 

On 09/11/2020 at 15:24, cloggypop said:

Shack are great and Michael Head is a wonderful songwriter. Jamie Webster is a busker singing footy songs. Don't get the appeal at all myself. 

He's been great at times Mick Head - just a shame he's not more productive and prepared to work and do some shows (or the gear gets the better of him etc). I heard he's living in Swindon now. 

On 09/11/2020 at 15:22, johnsusername said:

Can't stand Jamie Webster. 

Webster is a pub singer, singing pub and footy songs. 

I feel that almost every time Im over he has a job at TIA. 

Not sure how anyone can feel annoyed by him.