You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

If he's also seriously injured, season's just about over in terms of winning major trophies. If he's fine, we can probably survive van Dijk being out long term just on the basis that our defending has been crap recently anyway and the drop-off with him being out long term may not be that humongous. And we can also change the way we defend, be more conservative, etc...

Can't lose two world class players, though. That would be disastrous. His passing through the lines yesterday was sick. Sick. Sick as in, he's in the hospital, buy him a get well card type sick. 

59 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If he's also seriously injured, season's just about over in terms of winning major trophies. If he's fine, we can probably survive van Dijk being out long term just on the basis that our defending has been crap recently anyway and the drop-off with him being out long term may not be that humongous. And we can also change the way we defend, be more conservative, etc...

Can't lose two world class players, though. That would be disastrous. His passing through the lines yesterday was sick. Sick. Sick as in, he's in the hospital, buy him a get well card type sick. 

The drop off in losing probably the worlds best centre half and relying on two injury prone centre halves and a converted midfielder won't be all that humungous....?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ha Ha. my first pair of boots were a second hand pair of Top Dog rugby boots that I struggled to actually lift my legs with. I used to take the corners for All Saints Anfield under 10's as I was the only one who could get the casey into the area if I got the toe cap in the right place.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

The drop off in losing probably the worlds best centre half and relying on two injury prone centre halves and a converted midfielder won't be all that humungous....?

giphy.gif

We've been horrendous at the back since March with him in the team. Look up the goals conceded numbers, it's not that hard. We can use the time he's out to set up more solid. 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Ha Ha. my first pair of boots were a second hand pair of Top Dog rugby boots that I struggled to actually lift my legs with. I used to take the corners for All Saints Anfield under 10's as I was the only one who could get the casey into the area if I got the toe cap in the right place.

People thought I was great at taking corners, it just happened I could only kick it as far as the penalty spot. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We've been horrendous at the back since March with him in the team. Look up the goals conceded numbers, it's not that hard. We can use the time he's out to set up more solid. 

We'll be worse off and at both ends...he chips in with about 5 goals a season from corners and has helped transform our stats from them....we were totally hopeless from them before he came....not just the goals he gets from them either, it is also the pressure he creates by winning headers up there/just his presence gives us more.

And we will of course be worse off at back especially when as he will Matip goes down again (go and look up how many times he has been injured for us - clue for you, it is a lot) Gomez is not the most robust either.

We've got a potential real crisis on our hands back there.

I'll have a little bet with you now that at some stage in the not too distant we'll field a centre half pairing made up of two midfielders.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

We'll be worse off and at both ends...he chips in with about 5 goals a season from corners and has helped transform our stats from them....we were totally hopeless from them before he came....not just the goals he gets from them either, it is also the pressure he creates by winning headers up there/just his presence gives us more.

And we will of course be worse off at back especially when as he will Matip goes down again (go and look up how many times he has been injured for us - clue for you, it is a lot)

I'll have a little bet with you now that at some stage in the not too distant we'll field a centre half pairing made up of two midfielders.

Yes, obviously we'll be worse without him, but we have demonstrably been terrible at the back for months with him in the team, That's a fact. A change of tactics in defense as a result of his absence may not be a bad thing. That's a positive outlook on his injury. 

Tell you what, I don't care for your bet because I don't really care if we have a centre back pairing of midfielders, we've done it before. Instead, what you can do is, if next week we concede 8 against Sheffield United as a result of Virgil not being in the team, one more than we conceded against Villa with Virgil in the team, you can come in this thread, tag me, and call me the biggest fucking idiot on planet earth. How's that?

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, obviously we'll be worse without him, but we have demonstrably been terrible at the back for months with him in the team, That's a fact. A change of tactics in defense as a result of his absence may not be a bad thing. That's a positive outlook on his injury. 

Tell you what, I don't care for your bet because I don't really care if we have a centre back pairing of midfielders, we've done it before. Instead, what you can do is, if next week we concede 8 against Sheffield United, as a result of Virgil not being in the team, one more than we conceded against Villa with Virgil in the team, you can come in this thread, tag me, and call me the biggest fucking idiot on planet earth. How's that?

I have a better idea, i'll just ignore you as you are a massive beaut.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Instead, what you can do is, if next week we concede 8 against Sheffield United as a result of Virgil not being in the team, one more than we conceded against Villa with Virgil in the team, you can come in this thread, tag me, and call me the biggest fucking idiot on planet earth. How's that?

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

I have a better idea, i'll just ignore you as you are a massive beaut.

Cheers

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Wish I could say the same, but I have trouble ignoring and not calling out stupidity. I can't promise you I won't keep putting you in my back pocket in the future.

And this is why the MF simply can't live with the FF. Top class. 

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Comment from some BS prick about karma there. Lovely fella just like the rest of the drooling slobbering orcs. Fuck them all. 

Chris B.

59m ago

9 likes

It’s his own fault! He set the tone in the first few minutes by clattering DCL and James! Acting the big daddy, enter stage left, Jordy P! See ya later when ya legs get straighter! Karma!

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Chris B.

59m ago

9 likes

It’s his own fault! He set the tone in the first few minutes by clattering DCL and James! Acting the big daddy, enter stage left, Jordy P! See ya later when ya legs get straighter! Karma!

Jordy P? DCL? 

What a massive bellend.