You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Okay doomer. 

You know I'm right you coward. You know I know that you know I'm right. Everyone else knows I'm right. Everyone else knows that you know I'm right. 

What's a doomer? I never played Doom. Much preferred Command and Conquer. 

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

Let’s be honest it was an ideal situation to introduce him , playing keep ball for most of the second half against 10.  He passed with flying colours but let’s see how he gets on against Arse next weekend before banging our dicks on the table . I’m not expecting him to fall short but a few defence splitting balls to see them off would seal the deal . 

We talking Naby here or Thiago because if we are, Thiago is different class and his medals prove it.

Sure, it was the ideal game for any debutant but come on, this lad has a proven level of class. He was reckoned to have been MoTD for Bayern in the CL final.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We talking Naby here or Thiago because if we are, Thiago is different class and his medals prove it.

Sure, it was the ideal game for any debutant but come on, this lad has a proven level of class. He was reckoned to have been MoTD for Bayern in the CL final.

No doubts about his class. What we want is for him to show it for us. Yesterday was a walk in the park not a real work out is the point I was making 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats down to us that mate. We are just levels ahead of them. They knew that. We won every lose ball 50/50, they couldn't get near us. Our confidence on the ball at cost quarters is a joy to behold. i was saying to my dad during the game that he was lucky enough to see us in the 70's/80's but I remember spending the 90's, 00's and beyond watching sides like AC Milan, Man Utd, Barca just play with such fluency and confidence and wonder why we can't be that side. We are now. The only side close to us are Bayern and I think we'd beat them as well. Thiago has just put the gold plating on the worlds greatest car. 

I really hope he has, and from what I saw he looked really good, but Chelsea showed us way too much respect, alot of teams won't give us that kind of time on the ball. That is when we will know how good he is. Not so much a cold Wednesday night away to Stoke but a really high pressing team who don't give a shit about our reputation.

12 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He's the Italian born Brazilian Spanish Welsh Xavi.

I googled him as I was a bit confused why he played for Spain with Brazilian parents.

You probably already know this but he has dual nationality and his mum was a volleyball  player, so a very sporty family!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, suzy said:

I googled him as I was a bit confused why he played for Spain with Brazilian parents.

You probably already know this but he has dual nationality and his mum was a hockey player, so a very sporty family!

I didn't know his mum was a hockey player. Definitely runs in the family. All I inherited from my parents was flat feet and small ears.

6 hours ago, Butch said:

He's a mix of xabi alonso and pirlo, it was a treat watching him yesterday, amazing player. Love him already. 

Much better dribbler than they were. He's a mix of Alonso, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Gerrard, Baggio, Redondo, Viera and Rijkaard, for me.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, it was the best possible circumstance to bring him on for a quick runout.

Luckily, as we were away to probably the third best team in the league, most of the other fixtures won't be much more difficult.

58 minutes ago, suzy said:

You probably already know this but he has dual nationality and his mum was a volleyball  player, so a very sporty family!

His dad ( Mazinho ) was the guy on the left in the famous Bebeto / Romario baby celebration.

images.jpeg.jpg

• Upvote 1