You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

53 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I thought he looked a bit rusty but you can tell he's got "it". On at half time to make your debut for the reigning Premier League champions and he was trying to run the show from the off. Everyone else was like, "fuck me, better pass to this fella, whoever the fuck he is".

Yeah definitely got "it" he seemed to have an aura around him, I was always aware if where he was even when I wasn't looking for him. 

Similar presence to Van Dyk, as soon as I saw him on the pitch in a Liverpool shirt I just knew he was special. 

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

Yeah definitely got "it" he seemed to have an aura around him, I was always aware if where he was even when I wasn't looking for him. 

Similar presence to Van Dyk, as soon as I saw him on the pitch in a Liverpool shirt I just knew he was special. 

Yes, cut from the same cloth. Players with auras. We've got tons of them.

6 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Keita, that’s the lad that keep giving it away all the time, am I right?

So much bullshit is written about Keita by know-nothing supporters. When they put up Thiago's last season stats alongside those of our extant midfielders, Keita was the only one who came close.

Those two together is like lining up with 13 players.

Let’s be honest it was an ideal situation to introduce him , playing keep ball for most of the second half against 10.  He passed with flying colours but let’s see how he gets on against Arse next weekend before banging our dicks on the table . I’m not expecting him to fall short but a few defence splitting balls to see them off would seal the deal . 

2 hours ago, Butch said:

He's a mix of xabi alonso and pirlo, it was a treat watching him yesterday, amazing player. Love him already. 

I remember hearing about Xabi breaking the Bundesliga record for touches and passes in a game within his first couple of matches, the record was held by Thiago before that.

Lucky sods those Bayern fans. 

10 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

So much bullshit is written about Keita by know-nothing supporters. When they put up Thiago's last season stats alongside those of our extant midfielders, Keita was the only one who came close.

Those two together is like lining up with 13 players.

It's as though you love to be wrong. About everything.

16 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

Not gonna jizz me kecks just yet, that was a 10 man shit show from Chelsea, even with 11 on the pitch they didn't want to attack us.

Thats down to us that mate. We are just levels ahead of them. They knew that. We won every lose ball 50/50, they couldn't get near us. Our confidence on the ball at cost quarters is a joy to behold. i was saying to my dad during the game that he was lucky enough to see us in the 70's/80's but I remember spending the 90's, 00's and beyond watching sides like AC Milan, Man Utd, Barca just play with such fluency and confidence and wonder why we can't be that side. We are now. The only side close to us are Bayern and I think we'd beat them as well. Thiago has just put the gold plating on the worlds greatest car. 

• Upvote 4

The position he was playing yesterday is ideal. He had a full view of the pitch and was spraying it around, finding the passes through the lines. I think playing him further forward would be a bit of a waste, but we'll see. If he's given a role similar to Wijnaldum in one of the more advanced roles too, where he's not making that many forward runs, it would work well too.