You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Problem is, I think Wiji wants the move.

Think of this - if we get 15m for him he cost the club 8m net and for four seasons was an integral part of the side at a relatively low wage. He played pretty much every league game, was massive in Europe and won the CL and the league.

Probably the best bit of business the club/Klopp has done.

This is what I don't get. Why Barca? They are nowhere near winning anything.

At least if he wanted to leave for a team challenging for domestic and European trophies, I could at least understand.

I've seen figures as low as £10m mentioned on Twitter in terms of a Barca bid.

We shouldn't be doing business with Barca for anyone. They can get fucked the snide cunts.

I'd rather let him go to the blueshite for free than to Barca to get him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

This is what I don't get. Why Barca? They are nowhere near winning anything.

At least if he wanted to leave for a team challenging for domestic and European trophies, I could at least understand.

I've seen figures as low as £10m mentioned on Twitter in terms of a Barca bid.

We shouldn't be doing business with Barca for anyone. They can get fucked the snide cunts.

I'd rather let him go to the blueshite for free than to Barca to get him.

Real are shite. A couple of half decent signings by Barca and they’ll win the league. Gini could be one of those.

Its either a last big contract, or a last big move. He’s won the league and European cup here.  I kind of find it hard to understand why he wouldn’t move? He’s not a boyhood red.  He can go to Barca for 3 seasons and almost certainly win a league and Copa del Rey. And then off back to Holland to finish his career. More power to him I say. I want him to stay. I’d rather we kept him then signed Thiago (I’d like both) but I wouldn’t begrudge him that move at all. 

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Pearce has said theres not a chance we will accept £15m for Gini 

Canny chip-pissing from Beef Burger-Head there. Knows full well we can’t afford Thiago without selling Gini first. He’s now subtly ruling out specific signings using degrees of separation. Master of his craft and worth The Athletic subs on his own.

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Canny chip-pissing from Beef Burger-Head there. Knows full well we can’t afford Thiago without selling Gini first. He’s now subtly ruling out specific signings using degrees of separation. Master of his craft and worth The Athletic subs on his own.

Works for a pay site and gets zero scoops until the club tells him something. He's become useless besides saying the obvious and indulging in hilarious Twitter bants.