You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

The deal falling through wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, the fuuuuuume on here will be a sight to behold. Poor ol dockers_strike will be forced to pull double shifts to calm the rabble down.

Yes thats the one positive I would take from deal falling through, place would turn into a mini twitter/Arsenal Blud fan TV with conspiracy theories in full flow!! 

Used to 'prospects' not happening, however this one would be disappointing!

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

15 million for a player who was a constant in a side thats won the league and European Cup. Doesn't matter if there's onlya year left. Id keep him let him go free next year, he's worth more to us for a season than the fee he'd command.

He is if he's able to put the effort in that he has before. We've expected more from him than any of our other midield players over the last 3 seasons, so there's every chance there's not much more to give, which could also be why we're reluctant to give him a long deal. Couple that with him having one eye on a move (even if that is subconscious), he might well not be the same player through this last 12.months. I reckon it has to be klopp's call, but for me it 100% shouldn't get in the way of us getting thiago in, but it will. 

On 05/09/2020 at 10:17, Evelyn Tentions said:

15m is Barcas offer for Gini? Tell 'em they're dreamin'.

According to today’s Sunday Mirror, they have offered £10M and we are asking for £15M.

One of the Saturday rags claimed John Henry is unhappy at the prospect of keeping Ginni for another year before he is released on a free.

If these reports are true it looks like the transfer is imminent.

Considering Pogba cost £80m, Barca are getting a bargain.

13 minutes ago, Tourt said:

According to today’s Sunday Mirror, they have offered £10M and we are asking for £15M.

One of the Saturday rags claimed John Henry is unhappy at the prospect of keeping Ginni for another year before he is released on a free.

If these reports are true it looks like the transfer is imminent.

Considering Pogba cost £80m, Barca are getting a bargain.

Something came up on my news feed from HITC I think saying pretty much the same. It seems every time this story goes around the news cycle, another few mil get knocked off what they'll offer and we're prepared to accept. 

Problem is, I think Wiji wants the move.

Think of this - if we get 15m for him he cost the club 8m net and for four seasons was an integral part of the side at a relatively low wage. He played pretty much every league game, was massive in Europe and won the CL and the league.

Probably the best bit of business the club/Klopp has done.