You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

33 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just seen a Daily Manc headline saying Gini has agrees terms with Barca, if true I hope it's the precursor to signing Alcantara! I'd rather Gini stayed as well like!

I would have him (gini) and Alcantara over Keita any day of the week, for me Keita is not even close to the money paid for him. The odd decent run and goal does not for me make sense of the money paid. He to me (keita) is another sterling, great for 1 out of 10 goes with the ball.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m exhausted.

Are we signing a tennis player?

"That's a great volley from Thiago! VAR are checking it...The goal has been disallowed! He used a racquet!"

Thiago Alcantara and Georginio Wijnaldum broke their respective silences about transfer speculation on Thursday. Thiago, who is understood to be a target for Liverpool, was in action for Spain against Germany.

The classy midfielder played the full 90 minutes in Stuttgart as Spain scored a late equaliser to draw 1-1 with Germany in the UEFA Nations League. Speaking after the match, Thiago was quizzed about his future and seemed to concede he was happy in Munich. “I only think about the game against Ukraine. Afterwards, we will see,” Thiago told ZDF.

“Bayern is my home and I am happy to be there.” It’s thought the Bayern Munich ace wants to leave the Bundesliga champions this summer after refusing to sign a new deal with the German champions. Sport claim Liverpool already have “advanced negotiations” with Alcantara, who will command a fee of around €30m. Klopp has cooled the talk and publicly Liverpool have been eager to distance themselves from the transfer speculation.

Wijnaldum refers to ‘rumour’

Georginio Wijnaldum TEAMtalk

However, it’s widely believed that Klopp is lining up Thiago to replace Wijnaldum.

Wijnaldum has refused to extend his deal at Anfield and Sport report that Barcelona have moved swiftly to snap up the 29-year-old.

The outlet claim Wijnaldum “may be Barca’s next signing” with a fee of €15m being mentioned for the Dutch international. Wijnaldum, like Thiago, is on international duty with the Holland squad for their Nations League matches against Poland and Italy respectively.

And speaking at a press conference ahead of the first match against Poland, Wijnaldum was asked about the Barca rumours. The 29-year-old though refused to give anything away. "That’s a rumour, I can’t say more about it,” he said.

Seems like we’ve got Thiago playing the game if anything.  Everything coming out of Bayern is about how he has to go and they won’t sell for less than 30m euros.  Liverpool are about to bid so if anyone else wants him bid as well, now Man City want him so you better bid soon Liverpool, Man United now want him as well despite just signing another midfielder for 40m and having Pogba and Fernandez so Liverpool better hurry up, he’s walking around the stadium so it means he’s saying goodbye.

I’ve been saying it for a while but it looks to me like we’ve Van Dijked him.  He’s either coming here in a year to replace Gini or Bayern are going to have lower their demands to below 10m or something like that.  I expect them to lose their shit soon and threaten Liverpool for tapping up.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Seems like we’ve got Thiago playing the game if anything.  Everything coming out of Bayern is about how he has to go and they won’t sell for less than 30m euros.  Liverpool are about to bid so if anyone else wants him bid as well, now Man City want him so you better bid soon Liverpool, Man United now want him as well despite just signing another midfielder for 40m and having Pogba and Fernandez so Liverpool better hurry up, he’s walking around the stadium so it means he’s saying goodbye.

I’ve been saying it for a while but it looks to me like we’ve Van Dijked him.  He’s either coming here in a year to replace Gini or Bayern are going to have lower their demands to below 10m or something like that.  I expect them to lose their shit soon and threaten Liverpool for tapping up.

I wouldnt like to play poker with Edwards but this is fucking frustrating. Im not too arsed about the Echo saying we arent interested in him. Like we'd blab all over the shop in these circumstances that we were, that would just send signals to Bayern to hold firm with their stance.

Tsimikas almost came out of nowhere when Norwich got arsey about that Lewis lad. Hopefully, Alcantara lands soon enough.

30 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The rest of the Bundesliga will laugh their arses off at the nerve of Bayern, who procure the league's best talent all the time by doing exactly that.

35 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The risk is we end up with another Werner type situation and Thiago gets fed up of waiting for us to commit and goes elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I wouldnt like to play poker with Edwards but this is fucking frustrating. Im not too arsed about the Echo saying we arent interested in him. Like we'd blab all over the shop in these circumstances that we were, that would just send signals to Bayern to hold firm with their stance.

Tsimikas almost came out of nowhere when Norwich got arsey about that Lewis lad. Hopefully, Alcantara lands soon enough.

He was on holidays and then joined the national team. If we signed him the day after the CL final he still wouldn't be here yet. He will be signing next week.

5 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Thiago Alcantara and Georginio Wijnaldum broke their respective silences about transfer speculation on Thursday. Thiago, who is understood to be a target for Liverpool, was in action for Spain against Germany.

The classy midfielder played the full 90 minutes in Stuttgart as Spain scored a late equaliser to draw 1-1 with Germany in the UEFA Nations League. Speaking after the match, Thiago was quizzed about his future and seemed to concede he was happy in Munich. “I only think about the game against Ukraine. Afterwards, we will see,” Thiago told ZDF.

“Bayern is my home and I am happy to be there.” It’s thought the Bayern Munich ace wants to leave the Bundesliga champions this summer after refusing to sign a new deal with the German champions. Sport claim Liverpool already have “advanced negotiations” with Alcantara, who will command a fee of around €30m. Klopp has cooled the talk and publicly Liverpool have been eager to distance themselves from the transfer speculation.

Wijnaldum refers to ‘rumour’

Georginio Wijnaldum TEAMtalk

However, it’s widely believed that Klopp is lining up Thiago to replace Wijnaldum.

Wijnaldum has refused to extend his deal at Anfield and Sport report that Barcelona have moved swiftly to snap up the 29-year-old.

The outlet claim Wijnaldum “may be Barca’s next signing” with a fee of €15m being mentioned for the Dutch international. Wijnaldum, like Thiago, is on international duty with the Holland squad for their Nations League matches against Poland and Italy respectively.

And speaking at a press conference ahead of the first match against Poland, Wijnaldum was asked about the Barca rumours. The 29-year-old though refused to give anything away. "That’s a rumour, I can’t say more about it,” he said.

Gini hardly shutting down that there. 

50 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The risk is we end up with another Werner type situation and Thiago gets fed up of waiting for us to commit and goes elsewhere. 

It seems to be a risk they’re willing to take.  When you pay the asking fee then with your next transfer the asking fee is higher and it goes on and on from there.  People talk about english player tax but the reality is that it’s bigger club tax.  If one of the top 4 or 5 clubs wants a player then it usually means the other clubs will be interested as well so the seller tried to demand more.  It happens every time.  It’s why United get rinsed for players every time.  They pay the asking fee and the increased wage demands.  It can’t go on forever with them and what we are seeing is that these players linger around which causes more problems than the wages themselves.

It seems to me that occasionally when we think a player is unique or needed rather than just wanted we will pay whatever is required.  A lot of the time though we have different options.  Thiago seems to me to just be a want and not a need the way the transfer is playing out.  Whether Thiago sees it like that or not is impossible to say but I bet you regardless that Klopp has sat down with him and shown him how we play football and how he would see him fitting in and the type of position he would take up etc.  When the Gaffa does that he tends to have the player on strings which probably gives Edwards the confidence to player poker with these cunts.