You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

29 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Thiago Alcantara thread and here you are unloading about FSG.  It says more about you than it does about them. 

I don't think it's me that needs the lie down.  Whatever stress I feel isn't exacerbated by who owns the football club I support.

But you won't find me posting this again.  And again.  And again.  And so on.

If you reply to my post expect a reply. There is a connection no?

36 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This is the worse transfer saga of all time. Worse even than van Dijk because that one we got an explanation for the delay. Having to read the daily updates on this one is like pulling teeth. 

Really?

I don't think we have really ever been linked in a concrete way....just a load of paper talk and none of it with any real substance so far.

8 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

This still really makes no sense to me. Signing that type of player at that age is not something Klopp would actively look to sign let alone whether the club sanction it. 

He's a worldclass player available for less than £30 million.

If you look at our current midfield options, both Henderson and Ox struggle with injuries, Milner is at the end of his career, Gini has less than 12 months on his contract, Jones is unproven and Keita still hasn't hit the heights yet, so that just leaves Fabinho.

If we can get Thiago, we'd mad to turn him down! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The rumour first started after Bayern confirmed that he was leaving and specifically mentioned us as the team that were interested. 

Exactly.

It's a non story really at present - been no confirmation of an offer, no terms agreed with player, no back and forth bids etc.

It's a rumour, nothing even near the 'saga' claimed.

Jamal Lewis was a bigger 'saga'

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

He's a worldclass player available for less than £30 million.

If you look at our current midfield options, both Henderson and Ox struggle with injuries, Milner is at the end of his career, Gini has less than 12 months on his contract, Jones is unproven and Keita still hasn't hit the heights yet, so that just leaves Fabinho.

If we can get Thiago, we'd mad to turn him down! 

I don't particularly disagree with most of that but it just seems so out of character with the profile of player we generally go for. 

20 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

I don't particularly disagree with most of that but it just seems so out of character with the profile of player we generally go for. 

It's pretty obvious he's to replace Gini. No way we're signing him and keeping Gini. We're already overstacked with midfield options. Whether they're the right combo in terms of creativity is another issue.

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

Exactly.

It's a non story really at present - been no confirmation of an offer, no terms agreed with player, no back and forth bids etc.

It's a rumour, nothing even near the 'saga' claimed.

Jamal Lewis was a bigger 'saga'

There's been "news" every day that we're going to sign him for the last 2 months +. And there have been no denials from Pearce, Joyce, etc...