You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bazzie -- they wanted to keep him and by all accounts was the lynchpin of their best season in years. 

I agree that it is most likely he will go - but if he doesn't he will play. He's world class - remember?

Bayern don't need Thiago to get ahead in the Bundesliga and qualify for Champions League knockouts. They can do that with their eyes closed. If they know he's going, and on a free, he's not going to play much. 

We were barely a top 4 club when Coutinho wanted to leave and desperately needed him to play, the situation is obviously completely different. 

46 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

No i don't. I expect the Club to be successful. I expect the Club to be run for the team first and profit second. Thats why my principles don't align with theirs. I was brought up watching a team winning on the pitch.

If being ' a well run club' is your mantra fine. Its been a long road back and I want us to stay there, not to just be a flash in the pan.

There is zero skewed with my thought patterns. I have been consistent about them since they came in. H&G where shysters. These are just Shysters with a plan. Their plan wasn't  working before Jurgen got here and it won't be working when he leaves. They have consistently run us on a fiscal system, the bottom line is they don't like spending their own money, which is fine, but not paying for the stadium out of their own pocket is shite, and costs us on the pitch.

These loons will be quite happy to see us come in the top four as long as their asset holds and they retain their profits.The only bonus they get from winning pots is that increases the marketability and reach of the Club and it increases broadcast rights.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have quite happily accepted top four this year basking off the back of a win.

If FSG were to phone you tomorrow and demand that you spent your own money the way they want you to, you'd rightly tell them to fuck off.

But because they won't spend their money the way you want, that makes them loons.  And cunts, and everything else you spout.

That's the crux of it right there.

You claim they would be happy to come in the top four this year, have you asked them about it face to face ?  Or on the phone, or email ?

I think I'm pretty safe assuming the answer to that is a resounding no, so you just make an assumption (always negative) and bleat on regardless based on your own skewed perceptions.  Then use that as a platform for more ranting.

The most successful period for the club this century, a 30 year curse broken and yet every post I see from you now is crying, being negative and slagging someone off at the club.

Did you even celebrate winning the Premiership ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

If FSG were to phone you tomorrow and demand that you spent your own money the way they want you to, you'd rightly tell them to fuck off.

But because they won't spend their money the way you want, that makes them loons.  And cunts, and everything else you spout.

You claim they would be happy to come in the top four this year, have you asked them about it face to face ?  Or on the phone, or email ?

I think I'm pretty safe assuming the answer to that is a resounding no, so you just make an assumption (always negative) and bleat on regardless based on your own skewed perceptions.  Then use that as a platform for more ranting.

The most successful period for the club this century, a 30 year curse broken and yet every post I see from you now is crying, being negative and slagging someone off at the club.

Don’t remember beefy being on here much till the season was over. Might be wrong? Another couple too. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bazzie -- they wanted to keep him and by all accounts was the lynchpin of their best season in years. 

I agree that it is most likely he will go - but if he doesn't he will play. He's world class - remember?

We'll see if he stays, no point discussing it further as there can be no conclusion. As I say I don't think he'll stay anyway. If I was betting I'd say there 50% chance he joins us, 40% he joins someone else and 10% he stays. 

1 hour ago, paddyberger said:

If the numbers aren’t right for Liverpool, it won’t get done and we’ll move on. We’ve seen that multiple times, Draxler, Werner, Lewis and more.

Very real chance he’ll go elsewhere unless there is a compromise. I hope we find it, he’s an excellent player.

My guess is this time it's not the numbers he'll cost but more can we create the budget to do it. 

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

Oh I'm oh so negative yada yada. Im negative towards them, not Jurgen or the staff. You better go have a lie down if you are stressed. Is this your first time seeing us lift the league?

They are cunts. Tight fisted cunts. Cunts, absolutely cunts. Cunty cunts.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

However much you want to disagree with the rest of what Beefy Baby says, I don’t see how you can argue against this bit. 

You make some valid points @BeefStroganoff but you are like a broken record, moaning about it on here incessantly won't change a thing. I'm frustrated with the lack of signing players, it's annoying as fuck and without Jürgen we'd be nowhere but the club's also in a much better place than it was prior to FSG.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

You make some valid points @BeefStroganoff but you are like a broken record, moaning about it on here incessantly won't change a thing. I'm frustrated with the lack of signing players, it's annoying as fuck and without Jürgen we'd be nowhere but the club's also in a much better place than it was prior to FSG.

I get ya. But what else is there to discuss in these threads pal?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Utd have joined the race apparently. If they nick in and get this lad and we've stood fucking still I'll go and find a cat to kick. 

Don't think there is anything serious in this. A few weeks ago it was City being linked, now its United.

Bayern are just trying to force our hand. United are on the verge of signing Van de Beek from Ajax for £40 million. If they could Tiago for less than this they wouldn't be signing him.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh I'm oh so negative yada yada. Im negative towards them, not Jurgen or the staff. You better go have a lie down if you are stressed. Is this your first time seeing us lift the league?

Thiago Alcantara thread and here you are unloading about FSG.  It says more about you than it does about them. 

I don't think it's me that needs the lie down.  Whatever stress I feel isn't exacerbated by who owns the football club I support.

But you won't find me posting this again.  And again.  And again.  And so on.