You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

2 years ago? I don't recall that, it was last summer I thought. The fact they've replaced him as soon as he's left suggests marhez wasn't his replacement. 

He was injured while the window was still open and talks with Bayern were happening. If he hadn't of been injured he would have gone last year. That is not really up for debate - they signed Mahrez mid July - Sane was hurt three weeks later.

This new fella is Silva's replacement.

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He was injured while the window was still open and talks with Bayern were happening. If he hadn't of been injured he would have gone last year. That is not really up for debate - they signed Mahrez mid July - Sane was hurt three weeks later.

This new fella is Silva's replacement.

yes, that's what i was saying. He would have gone last year. But Mahrez joined city in 2018 and not 2019. you need to check your calendar. Sane got injured in the charity shield in 2019. 

8 minutes ago, Salou said:

Simon Hughes in the Athletic saying we want him but we need to wait for sales to happen before it can, Grujic/Wilson the two to go to fund it most likely but finding it hard to find buyers in this market at the prices we want.

to be honest i thought the gruic/shaq/wilson was an after thought. i read that article as saying gini needs to go to make room for him. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

yes, that's what i was saying. He would have gone last year. But Mahrez joined city in 2018 and not 2019. you need to check your calendar. Sane got injured in the charity shield in 2019. 

Oof - good point there Baz. Was thinking it was just this past season

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I’m sure Mahrez was due to go there in 2017 as well but Leicester refused to let him go.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

From the echo blog...

Right, before I start, the ECHO understands Thiago Alcantara is not currently not an official, active target for Liverpool Football Club.

Not a surprise is it. Thiago is Armani, but we're budgeted for Sergio Georgini. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Klopp had chance to kill the whole saga off and refused to comment. Im guessing the price is the sticking point with a player of his age/contract length.

Edwards doesnt f@@k about so Id imagine FSG are hesitant to commit hence Klopps silence  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Elite said:

Just had a chat with Thiago at Lidl in Golborne. Said it's a mere formality now.

I saw him in Bootle Strand the other day outside Greggs. I asked him if he was signing for Liverpool and he just smiled, tapped his nose then went into the Mayflower for a pint and to raffle a leg of lamb he had just robbed.

• Upvote 4