You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I completely disagree. He passed it, he moved, he wanted it again, always available. 

I also disagree on PSG’s pressing. It was really good until Bayern scored and then went to shit. 

Actually the pressing was so good it was one of the first times he managed to hit a ball into space going forward, they had Muller well shackled also up until then. This guy is a no brainer...absolute quality.

50 minutes ago, No2 said:

He's 32 in 3 years. 3 years is a life time in football. We bought Virgil, sold Phil, got to a European cup final, we bought Allison,  came within an inch of winning the league, won the European cup and won the league, all in the last 3 years. 

You are right I'm just being a hysterical fanny. Be great to have him though, class player. 

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

I guess it’s probably talks ongoing more than a contract. It was reported his people wanted a three year deal when the club would only offer two years. 

They gave Milner 2 years and he's 34.  Can't see 3 years being a problem.

Unless Milner got the OAP exception.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Every single one of them will be thinking they have a chance, it's just a case of hitting the right wage number. 

Maybe three of those have a chance - the fella has said he wants to move to a club at the top of the game for another challenge.

He ain't going to Spurs FFS.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Thiago must have all of these vying for him in the background.

Barca

Madrid

Atletico

Juventus

Inter

AC

PSG

Bayern

Liverpool

Man City

Man Utd

Spurs

Arsenal 

Chelsea

Every single one of them will be thinking they have a chance, it's just a case of hitting the right wage number. 

You missed Everton 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Thiago must have all of these vying for him in the background.

Barca

Madrid

Atletico

Juventus

Inter

AC

PSG

Bayern

Liverpool

Man City

Man Utd

Spurs

Arsenal 

Chelsea

None of them have Jurgen Klopp at the helm, I think that will be the deciding factor...hope it will be anyway..Chelski can sign all the cnuts they like but I think Thiago will more than keep us at this level.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Rooney saying he hopes we don't sign him. Fucking Ocean dwelling wheetie needs to be neither seen nor heard. 

I thought my eyes stopped working properly for a second there.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It's bollocks this newspaper speculation that Liverpool havent been having contract talks with Gini's people. He was in some of the same papers writing this bullshit a couple of weeks ago saying 'it's difficult, I know what I want' etc.

These are the same hacks and papers doing a hatchet job on Gomez because the Stutgart lad broke his elbow after a shoulder to shoulder contact on a piss wet through pitch saw him slide hard into a fixed barrier 2 metres from the touchline. Joe was out of order apparently. No mention of holgate shoving Bobby into the crowd at Anfield in similar circumstances though so that's 'ok'!

So yeah, the club probably havent offered him an actual paper contract to sign. There's always toing and froing before that happens but they've clearly been talking to him via his agent.

Typical Liverpool fan. Always bring the subject back to the Ev. They live rent free in our head apparently.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Horus said:

I reckon we've got a week to get this done with a free run at it, if we don't, I fully expect him to sign elsewhere. 

How so?

Our season starts on Saturday, Even if we sign him tomorrow I'm pretty sure Klopp will allow the player to have a break of at least 2 to 3 weeks. The transfer window closes in 6 weeks, the longer this goes on, the closer Bayern get to losing him for nothing next summer. 

It sounds like Thiago has set his heart on a move here. If he was open to other moves then the interest would already be there?

9 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Anyone else think it's slightly unprofessional to have agreed terms with another club when yours is preparing for a Champions League final? I know it's the way of world but when am managing on FM20 my players are told to wait until the end of the season for transfers and contracts. Concentrate on the pitch, not the wallet. 

Not in the slightest. It's a job to them at the end of the day, nothing more.

41 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

How so?

Our season starts on Saturday, Even if we sign him tomorrow I'm pretty sure Klopp will allow the player to have a break of at least 2 to 3 weeks. The transfer window closes in 6 weeks, the longer this goes on, the closer Bayern get to losing him for nothing next summer. 

It sounds like Thiago has set his heart on a move here. If he was open to other moves then the interest would already be there?

We heard similar things about Werner, "has his heart set on Liverpool", "already spoke to Klopp", "personal terms agreed", "his club won't want to risk losing him on a free in a year's time"

Until I see him leaning on stuff at Melwood I'm going to assume he's signing for somebody else.