You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I agree you did you’d hope there is more to it. 

You then followed it up with...

”because of its simply Edwards is modelling himself on Rick parry , we've got more problems than Gini ahead“

...which is what I’m asking you to clarify. 

Personally, over the past few years (ie since Klopp) I’ve seen no evidence of Edwards going Rick Parry.

Yes, Mane and Milner took longer than we’d have liked but they still signed. Unfortunately these things happen sometimes but the bottom line is they committed themselves to the club. 

Personally, I’d like Gini to stay but if for whatever reason he doesn’t, I thank him for the memories and all the best in the future. 

I’m not desperate to defend FSG, I like to call it fair. I’ll give them credit for the good things (which IMO far outweigh the bad) and things I don’t agree with (ticket prices, the furlough etc).

What I don’t agree with is seemingly blaming them for everything that is wrong. The Nike stuff and saying It’s like Rick Parry is back in charge is, IMO, ridiculous. 

Could things be better? Well, we didn’t win every game and every competition for the past 2 seasons, so yeah. However, things are pretty fucking great for us at the moment. Kindly try and enjoy it because it’s times when we’ve had Hodgson, the end of Dalglish’s season & Rodgers last season which make this all the sweeter.

If we can’t be happy with the club now, we never will. 

The echo is reporting (and I think now other outlets) Gini is waiting initial contact from the club. If this is true (and I am not saying it is, I am saying it seems likely AND I am hoping there is more to it), would you not agree we've potentially an issue? Gini is 4 and a half months from being able to sign a bosman and we've not tabled a proposal, as that is what is in the public domain? There was lethargy around milner, there was lethargy around mane. If there is lethargy around Gini too, that would be looking like perhaps we have a systematic issue in the organisation or optionally agents don't know how to approach the club, which is equally bad. It's a logical conclusion. If there's been no contact, something isn't right. I'm saying the most likely thing is something we don't know. Because if its what we do know, that something isn't good. 

4 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

The echo is reporting (and I think now other outlets) Gini is waiting initial contact from the club. If this is true (and I am not saying it is, I am saying it seems likely AND I am hoping there is more to it), would you not agree we've potentially an issue? Gini is 4 and a half months from being able to sign a bosman and we've not tabled a proposal, as that is what is in the public domain? There was lethargy around milner, there was lethargy around mane. If there is lethargy around Gini too, that would be looking like perhaps we have a systematic issue in the organisation or optionally agents don't know how to approach the club, which is equally bad. It's a logical conclusion. If there's been no contact, something isn't right. I'm saying the most likely thing is something we don't know. Because if its what we do know, that something isn't good. 

I agree with the highlighted bit. 

I disagree with the rest

59 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

There was lethargy around milner, there was lethargy around mane. If there is lethargy around Gini too, that would be looking like perhaps we have a systematic issue in the organisation or optionally agents don't know how to approach the club, which is equally bad. It's a logical conclusion. 

Might be - except for the fact both Milner and Mane are happy as clams. 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

By all accounts so is Gini. That's the message coming out the last few days, which I'm guessing is coming from his agent along with the "Gini has had no contact from the club" line. 

Probably having seen how the club works he is not nearly as fussed about it as you seem to be. So thats a good thing.

I think Thiago will be brought in and Gini will get a new deal.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Probably having seen how the club works he is not nearly as fussed about it as you seem to be. So thats a good thing.

I think Thiago will be brought in and Gini will get a new deal.

I would guess if stuff is coming from his side about LFC not making contact he's starting to get arsed or at least his agent is.

I genuinely don't know what'll happen. Thiago seems a very un-liverpool signing, but there's been so much smoke around him, it would be surprising if we're as uninterested as the echo make out. But he seems to make a lot more sense if Gini goes. 

A mate of mine said the rumours are red Ronnie is next in line at camp nou. If that was the case, I could see Gini being a very Barca signing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

What I don't understand re Gini is why doesn't he just call Klopp and say what's going on with my contract, why haven't the club been talking to my agent?

Doesn't seem that difficult

You (and Baz) are assuming he hasn't, based on the neither here nor there statements of a football agent.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

You (and Baz) are assuming he hasn't, based on the neither here nor there statements of a football agent.

No, I'm trying to highlight the ridiculousness of whoever made the comment.

It's completely implausible 

2 minutes ago, mattyq said:

No, I'm trying to highlight the ridiculousness of whoever made the comment.

It's completely implausible 

That's the story the echo have been running with and I think the likes of sky have followed on it. 

But I would be very surprised if klopp or Gini have anything to do with the process of a contract. That'll be ginis agent and Edwards surely? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Gaul said:

That's the story the echo have been running with and I think the likes of sky have followed on it. 

But I would be very surprised if klopp or Gini have anything to do with the process of a contract. That'll be ginis agent and Edwards surely? 

Yup, I'm sure that's the case but Klopp's heavily into keeping everybody happy and focused and if one of your major assets is unhappy as the club couldn't be arsed speaking to his agent then Klopp will be unhappy.

Or Gini could knock on his door and say wtf is going on? Sure Klopp isn't the type of person to say we can't talk about it... he'll grab somebody from the Negotiations team and demand an explanation

It just beggars belief that people are supposed to swallow this bullshit.

5 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Yup, I'm sure that's the case but Klopp's heavily into keeping everybody happy and focused and if one of your major assets is unhappy as the club couldn't be arsed speaking to his agent then Klopp will be unhappy.

Or Gini could knock on his door and say wtf is going on? Sure Klopp isn't the type of person to say we can't talk about it... he'll grab somebody from the Negotiations team and demand an explanation

It just beggars belief that people are supposed to swallow this bullshit.

I don't think managers get involved at all if they can help it..those days are way gone. And klopp may be very comfortable with whatever reason Liverpool are not choosing to speak to gini's agent. So what's he to do then if he has some type of open door policy regarding transfers and contracts?  I think it's pretty naive to think this works like they're all just mates. And klopp has mentioned often his involvement is on day 1 of training when he asks them to commit 1 year. 

11 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I reckon if Gini wasn't angry at being dropped there's a problem! But he's not the 1st player to lose his place and get it back, that's football, in fact the captain has been through that cycle too. I'd be shocked if we're not offering him a contract because he was angry at being dropped 16 months ago in a game he made a match winning contribution. 

I meant that maybe there's a feeling from both the player and the manager that when push comes to shove he is not the first choice. If we were to sign Thiago, then Gini would fall down the pecking order. 

All the signs are pointing to him leaving either this summer or next due to his contract situation. We wouldn't have allowed this to happen with VVD, Salah or Mane. He's not viewed as indespensible. 

I think Klopp manages the players and I think he manages pretty much everything related to the playing side.

His management style involves a lot of delegation so it's important that he trusts his staff including the players and it's important that everybody is on the same page

To have a senior player in a situation  that Gini is in and being ignored by the Club strikes me as being implausible. It's a goldfish bowl at Melwood with 60 staff? Everybody will know what's going on

Gini and his agent will know what the Club want and whether it aligns with what they want