You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

3 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

So, now you see why we're worried in case Edwards goes the full Parry.

Not really. I think the days of our chief negotiator taking his holidays and turning his phone off during transfer windows are long gone.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Given everybody else has signed a new contract, how have you come to this conclusion please?

Stop being a tit. Read my words. Digest them. Understand them. At which point am I saying the bit in bold is true? The words I used were "I hope there is more to it". But if you want examples of contracts taking longer than they should, both milner and mane did so. But I wasn't using those examples. I was actually saying I think there might be more to the situation than any of us know. But you had to throw another one of your tantrums because you're so fucking desperate to defend fsg. It's embarrassing. You remind me of my daughter when I take the piss out of the shite she watches on TV. 

19 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Stop being a tit. Read my words. Digest them. Understand them. At which point am I saying the bit in bold is true? The words I used were "I hope there is more to it". But if you want examples of contracts taking longer than they should, both milner and mane did so. But I wasn't using those examples. I was actually saying I think there might be more to the situation than any of us know. But you had to throw another one of your tantrums because you're so fucking desperate to defend fsg. It's embarrassing. You remind me of my daughter when I take the piss out of the shite she watches on TV. 

I agree you did you’d hope there is more to it. 

You then followed it up with...

”because of its simply Edwards is modelling himself on Rick parry , we've got more problems than Gini ahead“

...which is what I’m asking you to clarify. 

Personally, over the past few years (ie since Klopp) I’ve seen no evidence of Edwards going Rick Parry.

Yes, Mane and Milner took longer than we’d have liked but they still signed. Unfortunately these things happen sometimes but the bottom line is they committed themselves to the club. 

Personally, I’d like Gini to stay but if for whatever reason he doesn’t, I thank him for the memories and all the best in the future. 

I’m not desperate to defend FSG, I like to call it fair. I’ll give them credit for the good things (which IMO far outweigh the bad) and things I don’t agree with (ticket prices, the furlough etc).

What I don’t agree with is seemingly blaming them for everything that is wrong. The Nike stuff and saying It’s like Rick Parry is back in charge is, IMO, ridiculous. 

Could things be better? Well, we didn’t win every game and every competition for the past 2 seasons, so yeah. However, things are pretty fucking great for us at the moment. Kindly try and enjoy it because it’s times when we’ve had Hodgson, the end of Dalglish’s season & Rodgers last season which make this all the sweeter.

If we can’t be happy with the club now, we never will. 

Sky Germany said earlier that sources close to the club & Klopp say that we’re not interested in signing Thiago. I expect he’ll end up at City assuming reports of their interest are true. Maybe it’s been decided that he just wouldn’t fit our style of play, but he’ll definitely give them a considerable boost.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Could be parroting The Echo?

Could be, but even then, the outright denial of our interest leads me to believe there’s nothing in it. If the Echo was saying we’re interested but not in pole position / not at the current price it would be a different story, but not when the line is that we’re simply not interested.

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Could be, but even then, the outright denial of our interest leads me to believe there’s nothing in it. If the Echo was saying we’re interested but not in pole position / not at the current price it would be a different story, but not when the line is that we’re simply not interested.

Know where your coming from and until recently I’d go with The Echo as well but since the original VVD fiasco, they’ve been off.

Pearce denying we’re interested in Alisson the day all the Italian journo’s announce we’ve agreed a few being the prime example! 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Know where your coming from and until recently I’d go with The Echo as well but since the original VVD fiasco, they’ve been off.

Pearce denying we’re interested in Alisson the day all the Italian journo’s announce we’ve agreed a few being the prime example! 

I don’t remember that, I must admit, but hope it was the case. I recall it being written that Van Dijk was heading to City and Alisson Chelsea, but not that we weren’t interested.

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I don’t remember that, I must admit, but hope it was the case. I recall it being written that Van Dijk was heading to City and Alisson Chelsea, but not that we weren’t interested.

It came out about the VVD & Klopp meeting in Blackpool & that VVD has chosen us.

The Echo (not the only paper tbf) printed it online and within 24 hours FSG were announcing we’d ended our interest in him.

It was definitely the case with Alisson. Maybe not quite to the extent I’ve put (although I’m sure Pearce was denying it up until the day before) but the news definitely broke from Italy first.