You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

27 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Henderson

Fabinho

Keita

Ox

Milner

Wijnaldum

Jones

That's seven centre mids for three slots already. Someone's got to be out if Thiago's coming in. Unless we start playing 1-6-3 with Van Dijk on his own at centre back.

We'll just fashion Chamberlain as a backup forward and Fabinho as a backup centre back. 

19 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Can't make up my mind on this. In some ways he could be our best midfielder, seems to have the skill and the dribbling/passing ability required, but I wonder if he's got the industry to do what our midfield does? 

He's an excellent ball-winner. He's very underrated in that sense because he's viewed as this lithe, technically brilliant midfielder. 

I do think that we'd change the shape for him, though. Invert the midfield triangle and have him at the base with someone else. Because in a 4-3-3, if he's not playing Fabinho's position, he'd have to run a lot and we probably shouldn't have him do that. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Naby leave still if we can get our money back, maybe even a slight profit as we got him cheap (based on his reputation and potential). 

I can see him going back to Germany, possibly to Bayern.

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Naby leave still if we can get our money back, maybe even a slight profit as we got him cheap (based on his reputation and potential). 

I can see him going back to Germany, possibly to Bayern.

There's no way we're replacing a 25 year old who is growing in confidence with a 29 year old. If there's anyone who might be "replaced" it's Wijnaldum when his deal runs out or Milner. From a squad age perspective, selling Keita makes no sense and we all know Klopp loves him despite his inconsistencies. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's no way we're replacing a 25 year old who is growing in confidence with a 29 year old. If there's anyone who might be "replaced" it's Wijnaldum when his deal runs out or Milner. From a squad age perspective, selling Keita makes no sense. 

We can get another 25 year old next summer, or promote Jones if he's good enough.  Just not convinced on Naby, has it ever taken over 2 years for Klopp to bring out the best in a player?

Hard to see any progress on a deal for T.A as long as Bayern are still in CL.

About Wijnaldum, it takes time because it’s all about négociations, it’s normal because it might be His last big contract, at the same time Edwards is standing still. 

I still hope we can keep one and land the other one.

27 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Homegrown player.  Covers multiple positions.  Doesn't kick up a stink about playing 2nd fiddle.

Unlikely your dreams will come true.

Let's be honest, Oxocube s staying cause he's homegrownn same reason he was signed 

He's brutal out wide and barely above average in midfield. 

• Upvote 2

Mad the way people still talk as if Keita has been playing like De Bruyne in our midfield for the past 2 years.  In reality he’s played a very minor role while 3 or 4 of the midfielders ahead of him have been vital in us winning the champions league and premier league.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is bullshit from Bayern to be honest.  Yesterday we needed to move quickly because City were about to swoop and today they’re probably trying to smoke City out.  There’s a lot coming from their side because they’re clearly shitting themselves about losing him for nothing.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Let's be honest, Oxocube s staying cause he's homegrownn same reason he was signed 

He's brutal out wide and barely above average in midfield. 

Harsh. 

He's never going to be first choice in our most important matches but playing in CM he's not a humongous drop off if we get an injury.  Over 90 minutes he'd do a better job than Milner in CM I think.  I also think he'd do a very decent job on the left of the front three driving inside on his right, unfortunately when going up front he tends to get shunted to the right.

14 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Mad the way people still talk as if Keita has been playing like De Bruyne in our midfield for the past 2 years.  In reality he’s played a very minor role while 3 or 4 of the midfielders ahead of him have been vital in us winning the champions league and premier league.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is bullshit from Bayern to be honest.  Yesterday we needed to move quickly because City were about to swoop and today they’re probably trying to smoke City out.  There’s a lot coming from their side because they’re clearly shitting themselves about losing him for nothing.

The Keita talk is more about hopefully what's to come and the flashes he shows here and there, not about what he's done thus far. Because you're right, he's had a minimal impact in general. But also, there's no point in selling Keita unless we like losing money and taking a loss on players, because I'm pretty sure we don't like to do that and that's what would happen.

And I definitely think we're interested in Thiago. The issue is Bayern are still in the Champions League and nothing will be done until that is over so journos are just killing time by posting shite. 

Hearing that Liverpool are in contact with Bayern Münich for Thiago Alcantara. The player would love to join and Klopp wants him (still working also for Wijnaldum to sign a new contract).
Bayern want no less than €30m to sell Thiago. It’s up to Liverpool now...LFC #Bayern # 

Some Italian blert who doesn't know how to use #