You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (H) Premier League 5/7/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He was better than Chamberlain but decent is about it and for what he cost you expect far more from him. He's been nowhere near good enough for 2 years. 

Considering that Leipzig wanted £88m off us at first I was expecting a lot more. 

He seems like one of those bargain signings we want to make it rather than an expensive one we expect more from. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Chamberlain cost 40m with a year left on his contract and is a proven PL player. Naby should and can do more. 

I'm not saying Chamberlain has been great, he's been very inconsistent, when he's been good he's been very good other times the average player you saw at Arsenal. Keita has had 2 years now and has shown even less. 

I would be arsed if either went. 

Out best three is still Fabinho, Henderson and Gini. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Considering that Leipzig wanted £88m off us at first I was expecting a lot more. 

He seems like one of those bargain signings we want to make it rather than an expensive one we expect more from. 

That's my point

He makes one good pass and the fans boys are going on about him being our best midfielder. It's funny whenever they want to argue about him it's always 'stats' never what you see from the eye watching the game. He goes missing far to long in games

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That's my point

He makes one good pass and the fans boys are going on about him being our best midfielder. It's funny whenever they want to argue about him it's always 'stats' never what you see from the eye watching the game. He goes missing far to long in games

You can't discount stats and Keita somehow racks up tackles, interceptions, key passes, etc... I don't have a problem usually with how he plays. The issue is that it always seems like we play worse when he's on the pitch for some reason. 

I think our midfield is pretty average compared to the rest of the team. Our defence, keeper and attackers are probably the best in the world, but our midfielders are largely grafters, no lock pickers, no wizards, no goalscorers. 

Keita and chamberlain are okay squad players, you'd expect better at those prices.

We do need reinforcements, the drop off in quality from the first 11 is just too sheer.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm not saying Chamberlain has been great, he's been very inconsistent, when he's been good he's been very good other times the average player you saw at Arsenal. Keita has had 2 years now and has shown even less. 

I would be arsed if either went. 

Out best three is still Fabinho, Henderson and Gini. 

I agree with the last sentence, hopefully both will improve and become more consistent or both could go.

30 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He was better than Chamberlain but decent is about it and for what he cost you expect far more from him. He's been nowhere near good enough for 2 years. 

I agree, you get flashes from him but thats all you get. For the hype and fee he’s been a dreadful signing imo. Thankfully a rarity 

Keita needs a move to save his career from floundering. Theres a great player in there, it just wont be at Liverpool.

(you could argue both he and the club have got a fair few medals and trophies to show during his time at the club) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is the third most expensive signing we have ever had. I expected him to be one of the best players on the team, if not in the league.

I meant that he's a signing the fans hope will come good rather than expect to. 

He shouldn't be taking 2 years to make any impression on the first team. If Man Utd had signed him our fans would be on Twatter slagging him off every minute of the day. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I meant that he's a signing the fans hope will come good rather than expect to. 

I think most expected him to be very good, realize he has not been very good and are now divided on whether to stick with him or cut him loose.

Agree with @VERBAL DIARRHEA that Jones for me has more to offer than Chamberlain, and maybe Keita as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-V said:

Nevin was saying we've won 1-0 thirteen times so far this Season.

nevin's a cunt and a chelsea cunt at that.

He's trying to make out we're either not an attacking side of have only won the title because of those 1-0s. In previous seasons when we've drawn games 0-0, nevin is the type of gimp who pops up on talkshite radio or radio 5 saying Liverpool need to turn those nil nils into 1 nils to have any chance of making a challenge for the title never mind win it.

He can fuck off.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Quite clearly they are finding it hard to be motivated, hard to criticise though as they clearly did the business when it counted and that's why we are champions.

This really cannot be stressed enough - after the euphoria of the Champions League win and that celebration, the disappointment of the way this season has panned out has to be massive - understandably has taken a little of the monster out of the mentality monsters.

I’d like to eradicate the first half from my memory, we were absolutely toothless and devoid of ideas until bobby came on. Nice goal by Mane, lovely play from Trent and naby and delighted for Jones, kid looks a real player, and he has a right pair of bollix on him. Go ‘ead lad.