You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salah: I love this place and hope to stay for a long time 

TLW

Mo Salah has emphatically put to bed any doubt that he is thinking of leaving the Reds anytime soon.

In a wide ranging interview, the Egyptian superstar discusses his wish to win more honours with the Reds and not waste this remarkable era that the club is in.

The Mirror (Via Bein Sports) reported Salah as saying:

“We should make a great use of this generation, as we have good chemistry between us and you can find harmony and everyone knows what to do and where to find our team-mates.

“Staying at our peak is not something easy but we’ll play hard to keep winning trophies. It’s impossible to me to say that I have enough trophies and I reached my maximum. I will continue to do my best to make next year better than the one before.

As with any world class talent, Salah has attracted interest from rival clubs on the continent, but he has brushed away any such thoughts and revealed a long-held dream of playing for Liverpool.

salah5_600.jpg

“I’m very happy. 

“I can’t describe my feelings after we won the league after 30 years. I can see people’s joy and this is so important for all of us. I enjoy the atmosphere here. I love this place and I hope to stay for a long time

“The atmosphere here is different to any other place. It’s really special. I remember I even felt that when I was playing with Chelsea, and that is what made me feel wanting to play here, and to come to play with Liverpool.

“Everything is special about it, from the beginning, hearing You’ll Never Walk Alone boosts your enthusiasm and makes you feel you want to give more and more.

Salah said leaving the West London club was the best thing to happen to his career.

“After I left Chelsea, I was determined to go back and change everything.

“I went back, won the UEFA Champions League, the league and was the top goal scorer for two seasons, I think I did well.

Another perception about Salah is that there is a great deal of tension between he and Sadio Mane but he said it is nothing more than their competitive nature coming to the fore.

"When I was about to sign for Liverpool, I was worried because he [Sadio Mane] was playing in my position and that made me worry about playing more often’

“But Jurgen Klopp personally explained to me that Mane will play on the other side.

“We have adapted well as a team and our understanding is perfect. If this continues, we can achieve more. It’s difficult to maintain our current level, but it’s not impossible.

“With Mane it is isn’t a fight.

"Everyone wants to help Liverpool to win and support other team mates.

"Sometimes we get angry in the match but that finished immediately after we helped Liverpool with our goals and assists."

View full article

I remember reading an article somewhere that Timo Werner was a shoe-in to sign for Liverpool and any bids by other clubs would be pointless. Funny, because Chelsea were somehow involved in that story too. 

It’s nice to read that from Salah about Mane.  He played an absolute worldie of a ball through to him at Palace but they still looked a bit stoney faced with each other after Mane slotted.  It feels like Mane got sick of Mo’s greed a bit but Mo was completely oblivious and has been trying to make amends since his blow up.  I think they will laugh their heads off at each other in a few years when they look back on it.

If anyone is greedy its Mane, he hardly ever passes the ball to Salah. Ive lost count of the times Mane has picked the wrong pass and we have missed a goal because of this, its annoying as hell.

Just look for it, Salah in great position, Mane with the ball, always pick another option.

Salah is not greedy at all, this myth is is hilarious.

50 minutes ago, Code said:

If anyone is greedy its Mane, he hardly ever passes the ball to Salah. Ive lost count of the times Mane has picked the wrong pass and we have missed a goal because of this, its annoying as hell.

Just look for it, Salah in great position, Mane with the ball, always pick another option.

Salah is not greedy at all, this myth is is hilarious.

It’s funny how this is the one time you don’t want to post any stats.  Is it because Salah has far more shots at goal than Mane and plays less passes on average in a game than Sadio?

This website has a detailed analysis comparing the two of them and it shows Mane plays more passes than Salah in a game, specifically into the box and has a far higher completion rate than Salah as well doing it.

https://one-versus-one.com/en/compare-players/Mohamed-Salah-vs-Sadio-Mane

Even if you just take this season alone where Salah has definitely stopped behaving like a complete pig, Mane’s passing stats are far better.  If you go back further to last season and the season before you can see that Mane was passing the ball more and more and taking less and less shots despite being more clinical in his finishing.  This completely backs up the opinion that Mane was getting sick of Salah not passing to him and started being more greedy himself.  It’s led to a relatively fine balance between the two of them currently I think it would just be nice to see a few smiles when the goals go in but we can’t have everything.

You tend to get tunnel vision on your opinions and you always have.  You’ve nailed your colours to the mast with Salah and it’s no surprise to see you cherry picking some greedy moments from Mane in your mind to try and back your opinion up to yourself but it’s not the reality.  Mane was clearly happy for Salah when he was bagging all of those goals in his debut season.  You could see it from the celebrations.  Those last few weeks of that season though when he was trying to break the record took its toll.  The team we’re going out of their way to help Salah and he was even making some selfish bad decisions at the time which I think would have been easily forgiven.  Salah continued being a greed the following season though which you can tell irked a few of the players specifically Mane.

It’s clearly been ironed out now I think because you can tell by Salah’s play but pretending none of the stuff above happened is fantasy land.  You tend not to like it when you get pulled on these things so I expect you to pull some meaningless stats or drop some quip about being stupid instead of addressing the points so I’m just going to leave it there.

• Downvote 1

Last season Mane was the more selfish of the two, this season that has reversed.

Looking at the frustration Mane showed towards Salah during the Burnley game. I'm convinced this was because Klopp had put his arm around Mane and discussed the importance of picking the right pass at the right time - being more a team player etc. That's why I think he was so frustrated that game, because he felt he was fulfilling his side of the bargain..

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

It’s funny how this is the one time you don’t want to post any stats.  Is it because Salah has far more shots at goal than Mane and plays less passes on average in a game than Sadio?

This website has a detailed analysis comparing the two of them and it shows Mane plays more passes than Salah in a game, specifically into the box and has a far higher completion rate than Salah as well doing it.

https://one-versus-one.com/en/compare-players/Mohamed-Salah-vs-Sadio-Mane

Even if you just take this season alone where Salah has definitely stopped behaving like a complete pig, Mane’s passing stats are far better.  If you go back further to last season and the season before you can see that Mane was passing the ball more and more and taking less and less shots despite being more clinical in his finishing.  This completely backs up the opinion that Mane was getting sick of Salah not passing to him and started being more greedy himself.  It’s led to a relatively fine balance between the two of them currently I think it would just be nice to see a few smiles when the goals go in but we can’t have everything.

You tend to get tunnel vision on your opinions and you always have.  You’ve nailed your colours to the mast with Salah and it’s no surprise to see you cherry picking some greedy moments from Mane in your mind to try and back your opinion up to yourself but it’s not the reality.  Mane was clearly happy for Salah when he was bagging all of those goals in his debut season.  You could see it from the celebrations.  Those last few weeks of that season though when he was trying to break the record took its toll.  The team we’re going out of their way to help Salah and he was even making some selfish bad decisions at the time which I think would have been easily forgiven.  Salah continued being a greed the following season though which you can tell irked a few of the players specifically Mane.

It’s clearly been ironed out now I think because you can tell by Salah’s play but pretending none of the stuff above happened is fantasy land.  You tend not to like it when you get pulled on these things so I expect you to pull some meaningless stats or drop some quip about being stupid instead of addressing the points so I’m just going to leave it there.

Negged for looking for a fight over which of our two ace players are the worst a week after we won the title, and for being a stats nerd.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janmolby said:

Last season Mane was the more selfish of the two, this season that has reversed.

Looking at the frustration Mane showed towards Salah during the Burnley game. I'm convinced this was because Klopp had put his arm around Mane and discussed the importance of picking the right pass at the right time - being more a team player etc. That's why I think he was so frustrated that game, because he felt he was fulfilling his side of the bargain..

He’s been fulfilling his side of the bargain since Salah arrived but Salah wasn’t doing his share.  Mane had clearly started to think fuck it I’m going to shoot in the situations Salah doesn’t pass in as well and it was then harming the team two fold.

Klopp had clearly sat down with both of them to sort it out.  Salah then had one greedy moment and Mane flipped out which I think was a bit unfair on Mo because he hadn’t been doing it all game but it was a build up of frustration over a long period.