You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Jun 23-29 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Tuesday Jun 23:

Uh-oh. Some girl drops a bombshell on twitter claiming she was touched up by Keita back in January but that the police wouldn’t take it further because it was her word against his. What followed was predictable tribal nonsense from some of our fans calling her a liar and then rival fans bringing up ‘yeah and you defended Suarez too, this is why everyone hates you”.

None of us know what happened and we never will. It’s easy to pick holes in her story and plenty have, but some details not seeming to add up doesn’t automatically mean that she’s lying. Every word she said may be true, or none of it might be. We’ll never know and given the lack of evidence the police can’t really do anything. Just because it wasn’t prosecuted doesn’t mean she’s lying, but it was enough for some of the "LFC Family" to go right after her. Sickening really.

It’s mad how some people wanted to immediately insist Keita couldn’t have done this and even madder that they chose to say that to the girl herself. They were the only two people there. Literally nobody else knows what happened, but I even saw one crank (there may have been others, I stopped reading as it was too infuriating) who insisted that Naby couldn’t do it because he’s muslim.

I mean where to even fucking start with that? Are we seriously claiming that anyone who follows a religion is incapable of crime now? Incredible. 

Just imagine going on Twitter and calling some girl a liar just because you want to defend a lad you’ve never met and who, let’s face it, we know absolutely nothing about. It’s mental. 

To be fair we don’t actually know anything about any of the players and what they are or aren’t capable of, but at least with some of them you like to think you have a feel for their character and personality because we see and hear from them all the time.

I feel like I know much more about what Henderson is like as a person than I do Fabinho for example. And I feel like I know what kind of character Mané is because we’ve seen him do loads of interviews, there’s been a documentary about him and generally you just feel like you ‘know him’. 

I realise that’s daft really as we don’t actually ‘know’ any of these lads, but Keita is like a complete stranger. I know nothing about him, have no feel for what kind of lad he is at all. We never see or hear from him because he never bothered learning English. He might be the nicest lad in the world (I doubt it because I’m fairly sure Sadio has that honour) or he might be a twat. I have no idea, which is kind of the point here.

I’m not saying he did it or he didn’t do it because what the fuck do I know? I hope he didn't and he's innocent until proven guilty, but going after the girl who made the accusation is pretty appalling as other than the two people involved no-one else has a fucking clue. 

It would be typical Naby though. Started full of promise, looked like he was making good progress and then all of a sudden he's stopped in his tracks by forces beyond his control and it all ends up with his fanboys defending him on the internet. 

Sorry, sorry. I know, I shouldn't make light of it but I couldn’t help myself.

Right, moving on before I offend anyone else. I just saw something on twitter from sky sports news who were quoting Jurgen over something he said about BLM and why those banging on about “White Lives Matter” are missing the point of it all. I looked at the replies, and here’s the first five that showed up…..

pricks.jpeg

I scrolled down, and here were the next five….

pricks2.jpeg

After that it was a mixture of both sides of the argument. Here’s what I’m struggling with here though. Look at the time of the tweets. They aren’t listed in order of posting, they’re just pretty random. Yet the first TEN replies shown by Twitter were all basically anti BLM and ripping into Klopp. That can’t be a co-incidence, surely? Anyone know how that kind of thing works?

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

With regards to the 30 years of hurt, have a look this video as a little insight to those 30 years. No wonder other fans hate us, it's a back catalogue of classic moments that they can only dream of. We might not have won the league for 30 years until now but we had a fuck of a ride on the way.

• Upvote 5

Yea, I've really had 30 years of hurt, got to think we are blessed following the Reds. Been some great days out over the years.

Totally agree on the Pier Head debacle, I just knew it would happen.

We do shoot ourselves in the foot at times, but fuck everyone else, we are Champions of fuckin everywhere!

• Upvote 1

Regarding the Twitter thing - you can bet there are loads of fake profiles/bots engaging in the Black Lives Matter stuff. I think I read that 15 percent of Twitter users are fake/bots and up to 25 percent of content is generated by them. Basically Twitter is Bad Aids when it comes to facts and reality and not even worth listening to/engaging with most of the time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Regarding the Twitter thing - you can bet there are loads of fake profiles/bots engaging in the Black Lives Matter stuff. I think I read that 15 percent of Twitter users are fake/bots and up to 25 percent of content is generated by them. Basically Twitter is Bad Aids when it comes to facts and reality and not even worth listening to/engaging with most of the time. 

Yeah I know about the bots, the point I was making was how come the tweets that were showing up as the top ten replies were all essentially BLM. Aren't replies meant to be listed in the order they are posted?

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Thought it was just me who was a little bit underwhelmed when if actually happened.

Me too. No great feeling of exhilaration - just one of quiet, happy satisfaction which  is still with me now. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Jenson said:
Suarez or Virg the best player you've ever seen in the red shirt? Steven Gerrard would like a word.

It's semantics really. There's a difference between best player and greatest player.

Gerrard is the greatest I've seen. Most would say that's Kenny but I only really caught his later years, so for me it's Gerrard based on what I've seen week in week out with my own eyes.  

On ability and performance level alone, Suarez is the best I've seen and if he'd been here ten years or more and stayed at that level then he'd probably be the greatest as well. He wasn't here long enough though so Stevie is the greatest (or if you prefer, Kenny, I'm obviously good with that).

Virgil has a shot at eclipsing him, and so does Trent for that matter.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Danny Murphy turned bitter the day Rafa sold him to buy a better player than he was, Xabi.

He’s remained bitter since.

This is a common view but I honestly don't think it's that. I just think he's thick and often runs his mouth without thinking. He talks an incredible amount of bollocks at times and it's not just restricted to when he discusses the Reds. We just tend to notice that more.

I expect he'd like to have the 'cant lace his boots' comment back as I'm sure that's not what he believes. His mouth just got out ahead of his brain, as often tends to happen.

Funny thing is, De Bruyne wears boots that don't even have laces....

5ed2809cce015.jpg

• Upvote 2

So the reason those ten replies were at the top was because they got the most 'engagements'. Not sure that's the case though as its not like those replies all had loads of replies of their own. Suppose it depends how 'engagements' are defined. Maybe they had loads of people click on them to see what kind of whopper was posting it. Would make sense.

Its a massively flawed system as it just seems to let the knobheads rise to the top. This is probably why any time I see a tweet from certain players (previously Hendo, currently Lovren) the first reply you see is nearly always some cunt saying "get out of my club" etc.

What this does is make twitter look like a place for goons, because it essentially promotes the bad and hides the good.

They need to just list the replies in the order they were made. Anyone who wants to read them all can scroll down.

30 years eh, where has it gone? I was a  very young man in 1990! I think maybe it's a bit different for those of us who have seen us win it before, I would think most were a little bit subdued when it happened without playing. The best scenario would have been to have won it against Palace, playing like that, showing everyone how and why we are champions. But truth be told, the overriding feeling for me so far is of great pride in the team, great satisfaction in having done it in such a way, but that we've been robbed of our time, of our celebration. I'm meeting a couple of mates tonight to watch and have a few beers in celebration, hopefully that livens me up a bit!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, dave u said:

So the reason those ten replies were at the top was because they got the most 'engagements'. Not sure that's the case though as its not like those replies all had loads of replies of their own. Suppose it depends how 'engagements' are defined. Maybe they had loads of people click on them to see what kind of whopper was posting it. Would make sense.

Its a massively flawed system as it just seems to let the knobheads rise to the top. This is probably why any time I see a tweet from certain players (previously Hendo, currently Lovren) the first reply you see is nearly always some cunt saying "get out of my club" etc.

What this does is make twitter look like a place for goons, because it essentially promotes the bad and hides the good.

They need to just list the replies in the order they were made. Anyone who wants to read them all can scroll down.

Not necessarily because they got the most engagements but because they will get the most engagements. Basically, what will cause a reaction? 

Algorithms, they show what makes people tick and what triggers them based on their past engagements. Every little decision and interaction builds up a profile of both individuals and demographics of people that can be used to manipulate the information you see. That along with targeted marketing and content creates a social media bubble. Remember, you're not the customer, you're the product.

• dave u unpinned this topic