You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bioshock or Boarderlandss?

Scott_M

Thinking of getting one for my Switch, but unsure which one.

I see both trilogies have been converted for the Switch, all 3 games available for c.£35. 

Never really been into FPS’s, so looking for the one which is a bit more accessible really?

Can any forumites help please?

Ta

Depends what you want- Bioshock is pretty much single player only with good to great storylines. Borderlands is much more multiplayer/ co-op focused- it's first person sci-fi Diablo essentially- you can play it single player, but it's a bit boring to do so. Neither are particularly great at the shooting side of things, they're not a patch on something like Doom 2016 for example, but make up for it in other areas.

Personally, I much preferred Bioshock as I'm not really a fan of co-op games and the first game has some amazing set pieces like Fort Frolic and the classic opening scene. As for accessibility, both are pretty simple to get into, you won't have a problem with either.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Do you get the add ons/ DLC included too? Burial at Sea for Infinite is fantastic, and Minerva's Den for the second game has a very good rep. 

Yes, it has all the DLC and it is well received on switch. Display is better docked obviously but apparently performance is good on handheld too. Bioshock infinite was the first one I completed as early builds on console were bugged and made it hard to play. The first and third games are incredible, the second one playing as big daddy I could not get into as much. 

48 minutes ago, Sharp Shooter said:

Yes, it has all the DLC and it is well received on switch. Display is better docked obviously but apparently performance is good on handheld too. Bioshock infinite was the first one I completed as early builds on console were bugged and made it hard to play. The first and third games are incredible, the second one playing as big daddy I could not get into as much. 

Yeah, the second one was a bit of a disappointment, although it seems to have been more favourably remembered in retrospectives. It's probably actually the best one for gunplay, but has nowhere near the atmosphere of the other two. Anyway, the trilogy is immense overall.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, the second one was a bit of a disappointment, although it seems to have been more favourably remembered in retrospectives. It's probably actually the best one for gunplay, but has nowhere near the atmosphere of the other two. Anyway, the trilogy is immense overall.

Yeah the atmosphere is something special. It was the first time that I felt absorbed by the atmosphere of a game with all the old fashioned glitch music and general creepy sounds, that's what made it stand out for me.

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah the atmosphere is something special. It was the first time that I felt absorbed by the atmosphere of a game with all the old fashioned glitch music and general creepy sounds, that's what made it stand out for me.

Yep, the intro to bioshock was the best intro I'd seen since half life 2. It really set the scene of a beautifully monstrous place that you would love to visit, but the moment you realise how gruesome the place really is you just want to kick the shit out of the bad guys. 

Cheers for the recommendation. Loving Bioshock so far. Just sealing the Lab, no idea how far into the game that is, I assume not very. 

That Irish guy is annoying though, hope I get to blow his ass up with a grenade launcher at the end. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Bioshock 1. Bit annoyed that even though it’s a 3 game package, only the first game comes on the disk and you need to download the other 2.

Had to order myself an SD card so I can keep on playing.