You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murphy: Guard of honour is a load of nonsense

TLW

It's actually quite disrespectful too. Obviously you can't compare him to our defenders or attackers purely because he's a midfielder. He's likely a better overall player than some we've got in those positions, but they're clearly better players in the relevant position - defence and attack. 

So, the only really fair comparison regarding who isn't "fit to lace his boots" is our midfielders. And you have to look at that in context too. Is KDB a better player than our midfielders? Probably so. But, is he a better option in our system? Would he do a better job at getting back possession than Fabinho, Gini or Henderson? Likely not. Is he better at shielding the ball and turning tight space situations into attacks than Gini? I'm not sure. He's technically better than most of our midfield, particularly with the ball. But, our midfielders have attributes that suit our system and which De Bruyne falls short in by comparison. 

They're clearly fit to lace KDB's boots and Murphy is chatting shite. 

I hadn’t realised Joanna Taylor had jibbed him in 2017. She must have got fed up of the handog look and negativity as well.

And for a Jürgen Klopp lookalike....

17790764-7403359-image-m-161_15670039950

And he’s a Liverpool fan. Hahhaha.

• Upvote 1

Even playing high school rugby we had to give the winning team a guard walking off the pitch. Its a basic sporting mark of respect. How a former processional can hold the opinion that its insincere isn't really giving his fellow professionals much credit. Sure there will be some bitterness or disappointment for the team handing over the torch, because they are human. Doesn't mean they don't have respect for our team and their achievements.

The fucking cunt.

Was never good enough to be a regular at Liverpool. says everything that the only club that came in for him was fucking Charlton Athletic. He then rides Uncle Woys cock for a few years and helps get him the Liverpool job by telling Stevie and Carra how aaaaaaaamazing the cunt was to play for. The cunt. 

• Upvote 1

I’m not arsed about a guard of honour although Murphy is and always will be a bitter prick, and one who should be doing cartwheels at the fact he’s got a cushy number being a pundit when I can honestly say he brings fuck all to the table in terms of tactics insight or wit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I hadn’t realised Joanna Taylor had jibbed him in 2017. She must have got fed up of the handog look and negativity as well.

And for a Jürgen Klopp lookalike....

17790764-7403359-image-m-161_15670039950

And he’s a Liverpool fan. Hahhaha.

Shame it wasn’t a Rafa lookalike that would have pushed him over the edge

Guest Pistonbroke

When the players receive their medals they should take individual photos and post them individually to Danny Murphy. They should include a pair of boot laces already tied with a note saying 'already tied being as you aren't worthy, you bitter shit bastard.' 

Christ, what a reaction to a pretty innocuous comment. I think guards of honour are a load of bollocks as well, yes I'm mildly amused by Man City having to do it but when it happens it'll be massively underwhelming anyway. 

OK the De Bruyne comment was horse shit but pundits come out with stuff like this all the time.