You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit players that had worldie's against us?

Elite

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Think he was a late replacement to? Ivan Katalinic was another keeper for Southampton who had a blinder against us when Southampton beat us 1-0 at home when we were dominant in 80s.

I'm disappointed in myself for omitting the extra 'o' in the first sentence. Shame on me.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

You know what, I dont think Id disagree with any suggestion so far! How about Tony Yaboah of Leeds? He's still dining out on that fucking worldie shot against us at Elland Road.

The one he got against Wimbledon was better IMO 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

You know what, I dont think Id disagree with any suggestion so far! How about Tony Yaboah of Leeds? He's still dining out on that fucking worldie shot against us at Elland Road.

I wouldn’t say Yeboah was shit. His goal against Wimbledon was even better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I wouldn’t say Yeboah was shit. His goal against Wimbledon was even better.

Cant stand Leeds but I really liked that kit when they brought it out that season. In amongst some of the 90s abominations it was a classy strip. 

Vaguely remember Don Hutchison having a belter against us for Sunderland one year? Might be wrong like. 

Not shit obviously but Klinsmann in the cup v Spurs is still the best opponent I've seen at Anfield. Obviously their have been better players but he was immense that day. 

Guest Alex_K

David Zitelli, of Hibs/Karlsruher/Nancy fame, whose brace for Strasbourg knocked us out in 97. Similarly a young Jérôme Leroy, whose goal and assist for PSG knocked us out of Europe a year earlier. Jérôme went on to greatness at Beitar Jerusalem, Guingamp & Socheaux. The 90s really were a complete shit show.

Simone Braglia, who put in a performance in the Genoa goal during the 1992 Uefa Cup tie at Anfield that put Jan Oblak to shame. If Google Translate is to be believed, there is a Genoa fan out there who has not forgotten:

Simone Braglia and the magical night of Liverpool

It happened in Liverpool on the night of March 18, 1992.
Genoa coached by Osvaldo Bagnoli faced Liverpool's English in the return leg of the 1991-1992 UEFA Cup quarter-finals.
Strengthened by the victory for two goals at zero obtained at home in the first leg, the Genoa team showed up in the legendary Anfield Road stadium for the return match with very clear ideas.
From the first minutes of the race the griffins attacked the spaces well and also managed to take the lead thanks to a net by the Uruguayan striker Carlos Aguilera.
At that point, Liverpool's reaction forced the griffon goalkeeper Simone Braglia to overtime.
A career spent so far between Como, Sambenedettese, Lecce and Monza Simone Braglia had landed in Genoa in the 1989-1990 season.
At the start of the second half the famous Welsh striker Ian Rush drew for Liverpool which started a real assault on the Braglia gate.
The Genoa goalkeeper performed authentic repeat miracles.
Halfway through the second half, the Aguilera striker again after a very fast counterattack orchestrated by Stefano Eranio and the Czech Tomas Skuhravy brought Genoa back.
The successive attempts by the Reds to equalize that game were of no use.
Simone Braglia closed his double-headed door and, with a superlative performance, contributed decisively to the historic Genoa feat that conquered Anfield Road.
A historic match for football lovers and for all the griffin fans in particular.
Genoa, on the night of March 18, 1992, was the first Italian team to beat Liverpool within the friendly walls of Anfield Road and Braglia was the wall against which the British crashed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Liverpool really are rock 'n' roll, aren't they?