Quantcast
Kevin De Bruyne - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Kevin De Bruyne

Might ruffle a few feathers but I reckon this lad deserves his own thread. I can't think of any other player in the world who walks into our first 11 right now except him. I love watching him play. Genuinely superb player. 

• Upvote 5

We couldn’t afford him, but if he wanted to leave City you’d take him in a heartbeat. Tremendous player.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We couldn’t afford him, but if he wanted to leave City you’d take him in a heartbeat. Tremendous player.

If the two year ban is upheld he’ll be off, like a few of them, maybe at reduced rates to fend of any breach of contract claim that could see them walk for nothing.

It’s a big if though.

I don't say this in a disrespectful way, but a modern day Chris Waddle. Moves like him, sort of looks like him and has that lazy look on the ball but you know that belies the energy and pace he has when he goes. Gutted when city got him. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Top class player. Like David Silva as well, can't dislike players like that. 

Aye, Silva is alright when he's not drop kicking players in the chest when the ref isn't looking. 

• Upvote 3

Alongside Aguero he's the only City player that'd definitely make our first 11 (Laporte is debatable, but is he really better than Gomez? Not sure about that..). Given Aguero is perennially injured & 32, they'll have to spend significantly to recover ground against us next season or else hope we have a lot of injuries. Silva & Sane on the way out, Fernandinho at 35 .. big summer for them.

He was shocking on the second goal, gave the ball away, attempted a shit rugby tackle and then stopped running as soon as Willian reached the box. He will need to up his work rate and take a big pay cut if if his dream of playing for the reds is to come true.

Cant see them getting banned from Europe. Probably a hefty fine but no ban.

Tactical foul Fernandinho can always take up basketball after last night.

50 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Aguero does not get in for Bobby in our set up.

De Bruyne plays

Don’t be daft. Aguero scores a goal a game and City press the ball plenty too; there’s a reason they dominate possession and his pace/harrying is a big part of that, it has been Suarez-like at times. Firmino is great but he’s not superior to Aguero in any setup, who is one of the all-time great forwards. Now would I rather have Firmino than Augero? Yes because the latter is 32 and off another surgery while Bobby is a machine and should have years at the top level left yet. If Aguero fades next year they will be in trouble.