You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kevin De Bruyne

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Ok but I'm curious, why do you think they will stroll matches that they didn't stroll this year? Do you think the results do not paint an accurate picture this year? Do you think playing behind closed doors will be the defining impact? 

Basically yeah, I do.

they lost the Chelsea game behind closed doors, but Chelsea are a decent side who were fighting hard for top 4 and there was a decent stretch of the second half where it looked like only city would come out on top.

theyll spend, if not on koulibaly on someone at the back of his ilk, and so will be less vulnerable, but essentially I just expect they’ll slaughter teams when there’s nobody there and it had the feel of a training session.

8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Basically yeah, I do.

they lost the Chelsea game behind closed doors, but Chelsea are a decent side who were fighting hard for top 4 and there was a decent stretch of the second half where it looked like only city would come out on top.

theyll spend, if not on koulibaly on someone at the back of his ilk, and so will be less vulnerable, but essentially I just expect they’ll slaughter teams when there’s nobody there and it had the feel of a training session.

I think we matched City to begin with and if we'd have scored one of our early chances it would have been a different game altogether. Our players looked fucked after a while,probably more mentally than physically, but that scoreline doesn't reflect the whole season. The danger is more of the transfer market and City simply buying anybody that moves versus us doing deals Arthur Daley wouldn't even attempt.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think we matched City to begin with and if we'd have scored one of our early chances it would have been a different game altogether. Our players looked fucked after a while,probably more mentally than physically, but that scoreline doesn't reflect the whole season. The danger is more of the transfer market and City simply buying anybody that moves versus us doing deals Arthur Daley wouldn't even attempt.

I think if we go again with no new additions we will struggle. We ask a lot of this team. They have looked jaded more often since the first athletico game. Their mental strength the last 2 years has been unbelievable you have to wonder if the City game result was partly down to mental release, the intensity gone because they achieved their goal. Champions of Europe and England we have to take advantage of that position. Invest in the side this year and have slow windows the years after if needs be. For the talk of the effects of covid Minamino 7 million quid is the only bit of business we have done in a long while how many windows under FSG have we done little to no business, 7 million quid with all this TV money, new partnerships, success of a UEFA cup final plus qualifying for the champions league every year under klopp getting 2 finals winning one and then the league. Money shouldn't be an issue improved contracts or not. 

20 point lead and then adding more class to the side would make many opposition teams give up before they even try. We shouldn't make it easier for the chasing pack to catch up, in fact I think it would be negligent beyond belief when you look to how we fucked up after our last title or after 2005.  I know it's an unpopular opinion it's the whole trust FSG plan trust Klopp.

I'm not having a dig at FSG they are very good owners. We need to build on this though we really do. 

• Upvote 1