Quantcast
CHAMPIONS - Page 25 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
benwasmydog

CHAMPIONS

Recommended Posts

On 23/07/2020 at 00:24, dockers_strike said:

Im both elated and gutted for the boys tonight. They finally got their hands on the trophy. They finally laid to rest all the taunts about no title for 30 years, they proved they were the best team in England by some margin after the heartbreak of last season.

 

That they could go again and go one better is some feat. It could all have turned to shite and we ended up 4th or worse, 5th.

 

That was a great presentation. But it's heartbreaking that no fans were there to cheer the players. At least officialdom saw sense in the end so their families could be there to witness the occasion and share their joy.

 

I hope we can retain the title next season so we, the fans can be there to share it with the players. But, let's not forget that is another massive task. It will be very, very difficult.

 

 

Losing in Kiev drove them on. The following season we won No. 6.

 

We pushed City all the way but fell just short. It drove them on. This year we won it.

 

But the fans weren’t they with them. That’ll drive them on to do it again.

 

Theres no guarantees, obviously, and the competition level will be as strong as ever, but the motivation won’t be dampened.

 

We’ve been one party mood for a fortnight, after players having a longer rest than any of them have had in their playing careers.

 

Get off to a strong start next season and the belief will be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/07/2020 at 00:24, dockers_strike said:

Im both elated and gutted for the boys tonight. They finally got their hands on the trophy. They finally laid to rest all the taunts about no title for 30 years, they proved they were the best team in England by some margin after the heartbreak of last season.

 

That they could go again and go one better is some feat. It could all have turned to shite and we ended up 4th or worse, 5th.

 

That was a great presentation. But it's heartbreaking that no fans were there to cheer the players. At least officialdom saw sense in the end so their families could be there to witness the occasion and share their joy.

 

I hope we can retain the title next season so we, the fans can be there to share it with the players. But, let's not forget that is another massive task. It will be very, very difficult.

 

 

Losing in Kiev drove them on. The following season we won No. 6.

 

We pushed City all the way but fell just short. It drove them on. This year we won it.

 

But the fans weren’t there with them. That’ll drive them on to do it again.

 

Theres no guarantees, obviously, and the competition level will be as strong as ever, but the motivation won’t be dampened.

 

We’ve been one party mood for a fortnight, after players having a longer rest than any of them have had in their playing careers.

 

Get off to a strong start next season and the belief will be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Losing in Kiev drove them on. The following season we won No. 6.

 

We pushed City all the way but fell just short. It drove them on. This year we won it.

 

But the fans weren’t they with them. That’ll drive them on to do it again.

 

Theres no guarantees, obviously, and the competition level will be as strong as ever, but the motivation won’t be dampened.

 

We’ve been one party mood for a fortnight, after players having a longer rest than any of them have had in their playing careers.

 

Get off to a strong start next season and the belief will be there. 

 

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Losing in Kiev drove them on. The following season we won No. 6.

 

We pushed City all the way but fell just short. It drove them on. This year we won it.

 

But the fans weren’t there with them. That’ll drive them on to do it again.

 

Theres no guarantees, obviously, and the competition level will be as strong as ever, but the motivation won’t be dampened.

 

We’ve been one party mood for a fortnight, after players having a longer rest than any of them have had in their playing careers.

 

Get off to a strong start next season and the belief will be there. 

You managed to type all that for the second time in 30 seconds? That's a typing speed of just of 200 words per minute.

ComplexBlindAfricanwilddog-size_restrict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Surprised you can get a WiFi signal to post from your jacuzzi full of supermodels, broheim. 

I didnt say they were not good looking,just a bit older looking. Maybe they were a lot younger looking before our performances gave them palpatations like me?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Seeing a lot of pictures of the trophy standing without its base. We haven’t gone and lost it, have we?

Might have thought it looked odd being taller than the European Cup after being put on a stand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aventus said:

Might have thought it looked odd being taller than the European Cup after being put on a stand. 

Hendo's face when he lifted it and the base stayed on the podium! Think he thought he'd broke it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2020 at 08:47, davelfc* said:

Screenshot-2020-07-24-at-08-45-31.png

 

I almost don't want to drink it, almost. 


I’ve got some as well. It’s nice stuff.

 

£50 for 24 Erdinger, came the day after. 
 

Ive spent £83 on the special Carlsberg, of which £24 was postage, and yet to be seen or heard of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


I’ve got some as well. It’s nice stuff.

 

£50 for 24 Erdinger, came the day after. 
 

Ive spent £83 on the special Carlsberg, of which £24 was postage, and yet to be seen or heard of.

 

I'd sure as fuck hope it tastes nothing like Carlsberg at the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Grinch said:

 

I'd sure as fuck hope it tastes nothing like Carlsberg at the price. 


I know. It’s a special red brew.  I fully expect the best bit of it to be the can.

 

I’m selling a few pro-rata to friends, any left overs can go on eBay.

 

16E05BC4-F75F-4B4F-9EE3-9FA8DAF512BB.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

 

Ive spent £83 on the special Carlsberg, of which £24 was postage, and yet to be seen or heard of.

£83 on Carlsberg?

 

More money than sense!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love ale and butter, you can only find that in the Uk, good pubs in Liverpool like the Ship and Mitre, the Crown, the Baltic Fleet, ect where you can find a nice collection of good ales and bitters.

 

Guiness is fine obviously, but I’m always stunned how popular Lager is. Carlsberg, Carling, Fosters, Stella ...., not very good ! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×