benwasmydog

CHAMPIONS

16 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I love this club. I feel like I could walk away now. We’ve won the fucking lot. 

I won’t walk away, but I resolve just to enjoy it now.

Yep. Everything after this is a bonus for me.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

This is what being a fan is all about, after a few heartaches we finally land number 19. I always held the faith that we would win the title again, but as the years slipped away I wondered how many I had left myself. Made up for everyone, the young, the new, us old codgers and those unfortunate not to be with us anymore, I'm sure they'll be looking down on our club with a big smile. 

Jürgen Klopp is a special person, he oozes class and humility. He has taken some very good players and moulded them into a special unit, a team that deserves the titles it has won. This moment will live with us all forever, and I'm sure that Mr Klopp will provide a few more along the way. 

24 minutes ago, benwasmydog said:

I was in tears, I admit it. So happy for my kids. They're in their 20's and loving it! Happy Man tonight! Cheers Lads! Klopp is Boss!

Me too. Got grandkids in there 20's now.

FFS

Couldn’t be at Anfield tonight so next best thing. Chelsea owed us that for Riise, for Torres, for Gerrard et al. Stamford Bridge has historically been a place of terrible memories - there’s a nice one tonight to be mild.

D0DC0AF0-7890-4B23-A2D7-6C36B6298446.jpeg

1585FEFB-5021-4891-A801-E0EEACAA99B4.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Couldn’t be at Anfield tonight so next best thing. Chelsea owed us that for Riise, for Torres, for Gerrard et al. Stamford Bridge has historically been a place of terrible memories - there’s a nice one tonight to be mild.

D0DC0AF0-7890-4B23-A2D7-6C36B6298446.jpeg

1585FEFB-5021-4891-A801-E0EEACAA99B4.jpeg

Great call mate, he gave it and all that shit

We look at the great teams of the past and, being the old fuckers we are, think nothing could possibly be better than them

Honestly? This team is better than all of them. We are a privileged bunch of bastards to have even seen one of those teams but you know what? I'm 43, this team is the greatest I've ever seen.

I can finally let go of the past and enjoy the present, we are the fucking best again.

12 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

This is what being a fan is all about, after a few heartaches we finally land number 19. I always held the faith that we would win the title again, but as the years slipped away I wondered how many I had left myself. Made up for everyone, the young, the new, us old codgers and those unfortunate not to be with us anymore, I'm sure they'll be looking down on our club with a big smile. 

Jürgen Klopp is a special person, he oozes class and humility. He has taken some very good players and moulded them into a special unit, a team that deserves the titles it has won. This moment will live with us all forever, and I'm sure that Mr Klopp will provide a few more along the way. 

Always wanted to say lay a red rose on my grave when we win a trophy in priory road cemog. No need, I'll have another beer

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Always wanted to say lay a red rose on my grave when we win a trophy in priory road cemog. No need, I'll have another beer

Hopefully many more before us old codgers shuffle off to pastures new. 

Fortunately we'd some European success to sustain us along the way. Istanbul marked the halfway point between the last league title and this one, amazingly.

But this is something I doubted I'd ever see again. It's just... What's the word?

Guest Pistonbroke

I had a song lined up for this moment but forgot what it fucking was.....hang on, the old grey matter has not let me down....

I want us to lose every game now until the end of the season then thank Everton fans for their 3 points at Anfield which won us the league.

But I also want us to beat the record points total as these players absolutely deserve it. What a team, what a manager. I worry about us, I really do.

Ten years ago we had Randolph & Mortimer running us towards insolvency while the Owl was fielding dross like Konchesky, Poulsen, Cole, Jovanovic, etc.

This feels different.