You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CHAMPIONS

benwasmydog

It is nice of the club to take it to the hospitals for NHS staff.

What isn’t cool is that photos with all 4 trophies were limited to podcasts & people with huge Twitter followers and the free Nike shirts they all got as well.

It was my Dad birthday last week. He was 68. We’ve season tickets holders for 28 years been all over watching us. I tweeted the club and Peter Moore to see if they could do something nice as a one off with the trophy, they both told me to book a tour...

I completely realise I was asking for above and beyond but would it really have killed the club to let us have 5 minutes with the trophies? 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It is nice of the club to take it to the hospitals for NHS staff.

What isn’t cool is that photos with all 4 trophies were limited to podcasts & people with huge Twitter followers and the free Nike shirts they all got as well.

It was my Dad birthday last week. He was 68. We’ve season tickets holders for 28 years been all over watching us. I tweeted the club and Peter Moore to see if they could do something nice as a one off with the trophy, they both told me to book a tour...

I completely realise I was asking for above and beyond but would it really have killed the club to let us have 5 minutes with the trophies? 

Well it would cost them money. That's pretty much all that matters unless you can give them mass good PR. 

Edit .. did you not tell them you were willing to wear that shocking 2nd shirt and tell everyone on tlw it was boss? 

Does anybody feel a bit, I dunno, depressed, that we’ve finally won the league?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely fucking delighted but I’ve been to every final since & including 1992, I’ve seen it all now, it feels like a bit of me feels like it’s all been done. 

In 2005, 2006 and last summer, it was “Right the league next” and now we’ve done it, I don’t feel the same desperation. 

I’m sure I’ll be back raring to go come the Charity Shield and have the fire for us again, but at the moment I’m a bit like “I’ve been there seen it & done it”. 

I think its made me realise a little bit more that its only a game. Such was the desperation to win the title it became more than football it was almost like a bucket list item for something I had no influence on. Football is just an endless marathon  a break in the summer and it goes again. Winning it was amazing even though we were robbed of really getting the most of it because of the pandemic but mostly because of how dominant we were. There's a lot to be said for success riding on the next 90 minutes even if its bad for the heart. 

I love LFC but I don't really love football anymore. Its become a routine thing for me. Its not because Liverpool have finally won the league but more just me thinking why accept the toxicity of football banter and the underlying hate it seems to create over a game.

• Upvote 5

I agree with Howie Lama & Bobby Hundreds to an extent. 

Depressed was the wrong word, but I mostly relieved and don’t have the same fire going into next season. 

Maybe if there was a return date for supporters and I can start going to games again, I’d be more excited for next season. 

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely fucking delighted but I’ve been to every final since & including 1992, I’ve seen it all now, it feels like a bit of me feels like it’s all been done. 

In 2005, 2006 and last summer, it was “Right the league next” and now we’ve done it, I don’t feel the same desperation. 

I’m sure I’ll be back raring to go come the Charity Shield and have the fire for us again, but at the moment I’m a bit like “I’ve been there seen it & done it”. 

I was really looking forward to being there for the trophy lift, I'd have loved to have been there if we clinched it during a game at Anfield. We've been robbed of that and it will be just as sweet when we do it again. 

But fucking hell, what a way to smash the title. I doubt you'll see that level again from any team.

33 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I get where you're coming from. After we won in 2005, that was the last trophy I hadn't seen us win in the flesh. While I'd been going every week for 7 or 8 seasons to home games, I still wasn't old enough to take myself to Rome and my grandad wasn't even up to going to Wembley the previous season. It took me quite some time to get over Istanbul, as I felt what else could there possibly be left to see as not only was it the last cup left for me to watch us win, it was the way we won it. I carried on going to see my mates and go the pub. But I wouldn't let a good day in the pub be ruined by going to the match and I missed many a game (with a ticket in my pocket) home and abroad just to stay in the pub. 

We then had everything that followed with h&g and then hodgson, I was at the point of just hating football. There was nothing I hated more than having to care what the owners were up to. 

Klopp has changed all that for me since the day he walked in. The joy he brings to the game takes me back to when I was young watching those other great Liverpool sides. And honestly though this win this year has been fucking nothing what we wanted, it has still been brilliant for me and it has just made me more hungry for us to do it again and have a proper party. 

Having said all that, I know it won't take much for me to walk away from it all. I really dislike what football has become and klopp is a genuine breath of fresh air in a world otherwise full of cunts. I heard (dunno if it's true) that Celtic fans have been charged a full charge for this year's season ticket and if they're not allowed in the ground they're allowed to watch it live and they get a free pdf programme. If our lot went down that route, hungry for more cups or not, I'd be done with the game. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Depressed? No, not one bit. Im elated by it. 30 years of dashed hopes finally laid to rest. Sure, all the shouters with their null and void, asterisk and all that crap have tried to pull it down but the laughs on them now.

Most of the fans who shouted that shit were united, city, chelsea, spurs, arsenal and the shite fans. Yeah, the very same who are now shouting about their clubs winning the FA Cup and playing to win the CL and EL under vastly changed formats. chelsea got their arse handed to them by Bayern. Spurs celebrated like fuck qualifying for the EL on the last day of the season and everton won fuck all except maybe the 'who shouted loudest' trophy. So fuck the lot of them and yet another reason I can hang my hat on never wanting other PL clubs to win especially in Europe.

So no, Im not the least bit depressed. I said from Christmas onwards drink it all in because the moment can pass so quickly when you win a major trophy. Each to their own and all that. Be thankful we arent looking at 30+ years!

• Upvote 3

I had a ticket for the Chelsea game, so I'd have been one of the fifty two thousand or so who'd have experienced it live. But I am still cock-a-hoop. We made the most of it. It was fucking great watching Kloppo lead the boys up.

We smashed it.

Now...every day I wake up as champions of fucking every thing....and I am like...

26Gf.gif

• Upvote 3

I thought how we won the league was perfect. It would have been a bit of a letdown had we won it on the pitch with no fans in the stadium, but instead we won like so many have, with the players at home.  I remember Man Utd winning their first title for 26 years with them all congregated in Denis Irwin house I think it was? Leicester winning it at Vardy’s house. Ours was even better where all the players were at a hotel and we got to see the players going mental with their families and then all the great footage of them getting pissed up, and Klopp crying, and interviews it’s an emotional Kenny and Souness, and Carra, etc. It was brilliant. 

Even our on the pitch league winning moment was when the fans were there. The late sealing goal against Man Utd and the “now you’re going to believe us....” songs that immediately followed were a moment that will stick with me for a long long time. 

Yeah, I’m ok with it all. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

No its different that's all we've been so used to picking a cup up after 90 / 120 minutes that this time we had to wait a few weeks to lift it , were the best team in the country with the best manager in the world just enjoy the ride 

12 hours ago, Scott_M said:

You say this like it's a bad thing. Seriously. The sense of liberation from the churn of 'great, another year where I have no expectations from the Reds yet they still manage to disappoint me' is wonderful.

It’s fucking great. No more Manc twat neighbours banging on how we’ve ‘never won the league’ anymore.  Seriously as much as I’m loving being champions I’m also loving sticking it to all the Mancs around here (and there are a lot!).

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

It’s fucking great. No more Manc twat neighbours banging on how we’ve ‘never won the league’ anymore.  Seriously as much as I’m loving being champions I’m also loving sticking it to all the Mancs around here (and there are a lot!).

Them: "You've only won the same number of leagues as Blackburn and Leicester."

You:

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think its made me realise a little bit more that its only a game. Such was the desperation to win the title it became more than football it was almost like a bucket list item for something I had no influence on. Football is just an endless marathon  a break in the summer and it goes again. Winning it was amazing even though we were robbed of really getting the most of it because of the pandemic but mostly because of how dominant we were. There's a lot to be said for success riding on the next 90 minutes even if its bad for the heart. 

I love LFC but I don't really love football anymore. Its become a routine thing for me. Its not because Liverpool have finally won the league but more just me thinking why accept the toxicity of football banter and the underlying hate it seems to create over a game.

Very well worded. I certainly don't get the same enjoyment I once had from the game. I still love football as a sport but the professional game sold it's soul a long time ago and is now mainly just theatre and hype. When fans are talking about paying millions of pounds for players and transfer budgets and wages going into billions of pounds while people go homeless and starve it leaves me cold.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, deiseach said:

You:

tenor.gif

A Manc once used this argument with me in regard the European Cup/Champions league. It was post #5 for us but pre them beating Chelsea. He used to say it was 1-1 on Champions leagues.  I indeed laugh like George Takei. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, deiseach said:

You:

tenor.gif

Are there really 19 Leagues in Blackburn and Leicester? Would never have known.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

A Manc once used this argument with me in regard the European Cup/Champions league. It was post #5 for us but pre them beating Chelsea. He used to say it was 1-1 on Champions leagues.  I indeed laugh like George Takei. 

In regard to titles when mancs have said we've won the same number of PL titles as Leicester, I just ask why they sing '20 times man united' because they have not won the PL 20 times.

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

In regard to titles when mancs have said we've won the same number of PL titles as Leicester, I just ask why they sing '20 times man united' because they have not won the PL 20 times.

And at one point those 7 league titles counted for nothing according to some of their fan base.