You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CHAMPIONS

benwasmydog

Red Sox: Perhaps the most painful title drought in American sports history. Hadn't won a world series since 1918. Buys Sox in 2002 and since they've won in 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018.

22 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Red Sox: Perhaps the most painful title drought in American sports history. Hadn't won a world series since 1918. Buys Sox in 2002 and since they've won in 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018.

Take it to the rounders thread.

On 03/08/2020 at 16:39, Fluter in Dakota said:

BeefStroganoff will be round to put a brick through your window with that sort of chat.

On 02/08/2020 at 19:31, Fluter in Dakota said:

Quite ironically I think we finished the season very strongly and were getting back into the groove after the title confirmation blip in form. I'm also surprised at how many goals big Divvy was involved in or scored despite not starting very much. And how much better is it with crowds in stadiums?

Chased my Carlsberg order. Apparently they’ve had to brew some more of it, which won’t be ready until mid-September, so I’m not going to get it until October. 

Fucking cheek of them. It’ll be like a vintage Whiskey by the time it arrives. 

What’s everybody’s views on our season now having ended v still participating in Europe?

I’m in two minds over it.

I wish we were still in the CL because I simply want us to win it again. And again. And again. 

Also, clubs coming out of Europe, having a short break and then starting pre-season / the league again should remain sharpe-ish for the start of the season.

However, the fact our players are getting 2/3 weeks holiday before pre-season starting again (which I’m sure won’t be as intense as previous pre-seasons), should be a benefit in the long run. 

I see Citeh have had no break between Norwich and Real Madrid and have been training every day. 

Also, I see some of the sides still involved in Europe might not be restarting on 12th September & will be pushed back a week or two, meaning more congestion on what the will already be a congested season.

Although I wish we were still in the CL, missing out this season might be a benefit next season. 

Also, now all the play offs are over, I wonder when the fixtures got next season will come out?

I know the “it doesn’t matter, we play everybody twice anyway” argument but surely this coming season, when the games are scheduled could have a massive baring on standings. 

For example, our most hostile away games are obviously Man Utd & Everton away. Having these early in the season with little or no supporters in the stadium is obviously an advantage to us.

Say we have to play at the Ethiad in an empty stadium again but the return fixture is in April in front of 55k, that’s a clear advantage to us. Or vice verse. 

I know the same could be said about last season, and I agree, but last season was what it was and the best was made over a dire situation. The fixtures schedule for next season could have a bigger role in the outcome of the table. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/08/2020 at 10:29, Scott_M said:

Chased my Carlsberg order. Apparently they’ve had to brew some more of it, which won’t be ready until mid-September, so I’m not going to get it until October. 

Fucking cheek of them. It’ll be like a vintage Whiskey by the time it arrives. 

It's only carlsberg export as well isn't it? It's not a special Liverpool recipe?