You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CHAMPIONS

benwasmydog

Guest Pistonbroke
25 minutes ago, Em City said:

When do we get to lift the trophy?

Feels good typing that.

It will be handed to us in our last home game of the season which is against Chelsea, date is the 18th July. However, that date could be rescheduled depending on Chelsea's run in the F.A Cup. 

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's ridiculous letting sky rewrite football history. It shits on every manager, player, fan that came before 1992. If you separate every trophy by it's sponsor or marketing the whole thing looks farcical.

To be fair Sky this morning are saying no 19

33 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I wish they'd fuck off with this 1 premiere league title nonsense. We have won 19 titles, changing a name of a trophy doesn't exclude the top tier titles you won under a different name. After watching the game last night on German Sky I started watching a stream on-line to get all the title speeches etc and they also showed a caption with the Mancs on 13 PL titles etc etc and us at the bottom with 1. 

Was surprised they have it like that. Hopefully they'll change it.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Was surprised they have it like that. Hopefully they'll change it.

Especially as they have our 6 Big Ears wins all down as the European Cup. Although that isn't the official site. 

Mixed emotions on this one.  Such a fucked-up scenario under which to win the league, and to be fair it's been won for 4 months.

Brilliant for Klopp and the players, being able to celebrate together on the ale, that's what we all want and they got to do it, so I'm made up for them.  

This team can win again next year, and the year after that, and really it's a case of keeping the same people in place.  Bit like the Chicago Bulls thing, Klopp is our Phil Jackson, he's integral to all of this.

PS, the charity shield should be a procession, in front of the fans.

In fact, both teams should bring their respective trophies, put them in a smelting forge in the centre circle and make the Charity Shield out of it in front of everyone, and then the game becomes a winner takes all each year for the amorphous slab of metal.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Mixed emotions on this one.  Such a fucked-up scenario under which to win the league, and to be fair it's been won for 4 months.

Brilliant for Klopp and the players, being able to celebrate together on the ale, that's what we all want and they got to do it, so I'm made up for them.  

This team can win again next year, and the year after that, and really it's a case of keeping the same people in place.  Bit like the Chicago Bulls thing, Klopp is our Phil Jackson, he's integral to all of this.

What’s even better about this is that we don’t really have a Michael Jordan. Losing one player might sting, but it wouldn’t necessarily spell the end.

I suppose you could argue we’ve 3 or 4 Michael Jordan’s but the reality is we’re a team of Scottie Pippens.

Note: 90% of my basketball knowledge comes from ‘The Last Dance’ though so I may be comparing apples with pomegranates.