You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CHAMPIONS

benwasmydog

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Ten years ago we had Randolph & Mortimer running us towards insolvency while the Owl was fielding dross like Konchesky, Poulsen, Cole, Jovanovic, etc.

This feels different. 

Amazing to see how far the club has moved on from those heady days. 

Klopp and Hendo crying on Sky....Boss.

Every single red must be feeling like they can walk on water right now.....

Let my lad who is 10 stay up tonight to share the moment with me and he laughed at his big soft arl fella crying!

Abar 8 cans in now.

CHAMPIONS!

• Upvote 1

Just now, an tha said:

Klopp and Hendo crying on Sky....Boss.

Every single red must be feeling like they can walk on water right now.....

Let my lad who is 10 stay up tonight to share the moment with me and he laughed at his big soft arl fella crying!

Abar 8 cans in now.

CHAMPIONS!

missed the sky stuff 'cos I as watching the BT game. Any links to the full stuff?

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jennings said:

missed the sky stuff 'cos I as watching the BT game. Any links to the full stuff?

My lad was born exactly 30 months ago. Up to then my life has been pretty much up and down. 

I’ve suffered with chronic anxiety, stress and depression most my life. The last 12 years have been quite bad. We lost my Uncle suddenly in 2009, he was a big red, and I was desperate for us to do it in 08/09 for him and my dad. When 2014 happened I honestly thought our chance had gone. 

My lad has brought me nothing but joy and to now have the opportunity to tell him my stories of this team and manager like my dad and uncle did for me. Will mean more to me than all the money in the world.

Thats what football has done for me. It’s been my escape from my insecurities and dark moments in my life. Wake up and shower, think about the Reds. Get in my car and drive to work, think about the Reds. Come home, have me tea, talk to my lad and missus about their day but go to bed thinking about the Reds.

Yes it’s an obsession, possibly at times, an unhealthy one.

But it’s helped me get through enormous shit.

Theres people who are not here who should be here. We’ll celebrate for them.

To Jurgen, Jordon, the rest of the lads and yes to John Henry too.

Thank you for everything you have done the last few years to help me. You’ll never know it but you’ve definitely been the one constant positive force in my life.

To you crazy bunch of bastards on here as well. Thanks for giving me some great laughs especially during the Hodgson years when we all needed a laugh.

Im off to piss off the blues and have a drink. 

Champions of England...WHERES THAT PERCH FERGIE?!

• Upvote 13

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Ten years ago we had Randolph & Mortimer running us towards insolvency while the Owl was fielding dross like Konchesky, Poulsen, Cole, Jovanovic, etc.

This feels different. 

I think this might have been it, the change. 

I'm sitting here looking at over Dublin while the rain rolls in and letting the magnitude of this moment of this wash over me.

I wasn't born when the last one was one and your first is always special. I haven't had a drop tonight but it's not needed, the sheer relief and joy that comes with what has been accomplished is more than enough. I'll listen to these on repeat while I try in vain to fall asleep. 

Y.N.W.A

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

... second best would be a pint and a few cevapcici at the old Sieker-Mitte.

Greek restaurant now mate. Mind you, sat in the beer garden having a cold pint with you would be great. Next time you#re in Europe pop in and visit. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Grinch said:

The city game is gonna be something else.   I can see this superb team absolutely murdering that team of mercenaries. 

1 minute ago, skaro said:

I really hope we write an emphatic post-script at City.

Anyone else think that that Guardiola will field a weakened team so his so called big players won't have to form the guard of honour? I wouldn't put it past him.