You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

KMD7

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Looks amazing that mate, if it was England that entire beach would be rammed, almost certainly including someone you went to school with and your current boss.

Yeah mate we've lucked out here. Met a few people out and about but no crowds. Lots of small ports, villages and secluded beaches. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Carradona said:

I'm not too far from you. If you have time, get the ferry to Rathmullan and take a drive round the Atlantic Way through Portsalon and right round by Dunfanaghy (Horn Head).

Didnt even know about a ferry mate. Do you hop on in Buncrana? We are heading there tomorrow and was hoping to go to Dunfanaghy but looked like we'd have to go through letterkenny to get there, a lot of driving. Ferry would shorten the journey a good bit. That drive to Portsalon looks nice.

Thanks btw. 

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I hope they put your stent back in, you cunt. Have a grand break Dec, love to Mary.

Ha ha, fuck that stent like! Mary sends her regards mate. She's flying fit again, I'm barely keeping up with her like.

20200903_112758.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Just checked, it does indeed depart from Buncrana.  That's a great heads up mate Cheers

If you have a bit of a wait for the ferry in Buncrana, go to Tank & Skinnys beside their pier for lunch. If you make it all the way to Dunfanaghy, make sure you eat in Patsy Dan's, their pizzas are outstanding. 

I've never eaten out Malin direction but Nancy's Barn in Ballyliffin is meant to be good.

2 hours ago, Carradona said:

If you have a bit of a wait for the ferry in Buncrana, go to Tank & Skinnys beside their pier for lunch. If you make it all the way to Dunfanaghy, make sure you eat in Patsy Dan's, their pizzas are outstanding. 

I've never eaten out Malin direction but Nancy's Barn in Ballyliffin is meant to be good.

Will check it out mate, thanks

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I hope they put your stent back in, you cunt. Have a grand break Dec, love to Mary.

Evil bastard!

5 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Ha ha, fuck that stent like! Mary sends her regards mate. She's flying fit again, I'm barely keeping up with her like.

20200903_112758.jpg

Take it they yanked it to via cystoscopy? I'm booking 12 month biopsy in next couple of months, i spoke to renal nurse and was like they don't have to go on through my knob again do they, she said nah it's up in yer abdomen they just go through the skin there.

Good to see yers both looking well up and about man, struck lucky twice there mate.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, KMD7 said:

10 weeks and countless hospital appointment later we finally felt well enough to have a small break so we rented a house in the most northerly part of Ireland near Malin in Donegal (thanks to the wonderful contribution from the beautiful people of Tlw) and have been touring the beautiful coast line.

Absolute legend! So genuinely happy you're both recovering well and enjoying some quality time together. Warmest wishes from Sydney, to you and your wonderful wife.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Evil bastard!

Take it they yanked it to via cystoscopy? I'm booking 12 month biopsy in next couple of months, i spoke to renal nurse and was like they don't have to go on through my knob again do they, she said nah it's up in yer abdomen they just go through the skin there.

Good to see yers both looking well up and about man, struck lucky twice there mate.

Yeah mate that's how they removed it. Wasnt nice. 

Good luck with the biopsy!

• Upvote 1

The kidney is the only organ in the body that isn't anchored. That's one of the reasons taking a usable biopsy is a hassle even with ultrasound. When they do a transplant they put the new one in at the front of your belly for the complex technical reason that it's easier to get at than near your spine.

It also makes it easier to take biopsies

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The kidney is the only organ in the body that isn't anchored. That's one of the reasons taking a usable biopsy is a hassle even with ultrasound. When they do a transplant they put the new one in at the front of your belly for the complex technical reason that it's easier to get at than near your spine.

It also makes it easier to take biopsies

They put it in your abdomen as it’s nearer the arteries and other plumbing they are going to use.

they leave the old ones in (as long as they don’t present a danger - cancer, polycystic etc) as it’s a pain in the arse to get them out and it would increase the recovery time.

part of the reason if someone is donating like my auld fella, or KMD7’s Missus, or Cain - then the operation and recovery is generally a lot worse for the donor than the recipient.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The fuck, I'm not following this very well but are you saying when you get a new kidney they put it in your guts because they can't be arsed? 

What I'm getting is that someone done fucked up, put it in the wrong place and then made up a story to pretend that they meant to do that.

46 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The fuck, I'm not following this very well but are you saying when you get a new kidney they put it in your guts because they can't be arsed? 

it makes it a much simpler operation and easier to monitor post op. If anything does go wrong with it - infection or rejection for example - its easier to treat or take out

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Considering they shut down an artery supplying blood for your leg to do it, I suspect you would want it to be a pretty fucking snappy operation.

it’s well known we are somewhat poorly designed for the modern world.

If someone is going to have 4 kidneys you don’t want them all packed in the back, like back tits, do yer?