You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

KMD7

59 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

You beautiful, beautiful people.

Bit overwhelmed here reading this tbh.  It's extremely humbling and difficult to process.  I've been posting here for nearly a decade now and it's been a haven, getting me through some tough tines,a lot of which  has been spent battling one type of ailment or another. I love the forums and have befriended some lovely folk on it.  It's truly a special place.

The good news is that the kidney my wife so kindly donated is to date, working perfectly. A super kidney as my surgeon Mr Robertson called it.

But then again my Mary has always been Superwoman to me so not altogether surprising.  The greatest human being Ive ever met and has literally saved my life and endured the pain of the Op in her uniquely calm manner. The procedure is a lot harder on the donor than the recipient but not one complaint from her. Amazing lady 

This will have a dramatic impact on my health and life so really looking forward to getting on with it once we get over this recovery period. 

Much thanks to ToxtethOGrady for starting the thread. 

Love you guys. Received this today from you all. We love it. 

Dec and Mary 

Xxx

PS. CHAMPIONS

20200703_120754.jpg

Probably the most blatant attempt at rep begging that this forum has ever seen. 

NEGGED. 

Welcome home. 

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

Great to have you back Dec. Happy to hear you're both doing well and I hope the recovery with your new super kidney goes as well as it possibly can. Maybe's you'll inherit new super powers, you'll be sitting down to piss and taking control of the household budget before you know it!! Kudos to Mary, she's literally going to be a part of you from now on. xx

3 hours ago, KMD7 said:

You beautiful, beautiful people.

Bit overwhelmed here reading this tbh.  It's extremely humbling and difficult to process.  I've been posting here for nearly a decade now and it's been a haven, getting me through some tough tines,a lot of which  has been spent battling one type of ailment or another. I love the forums and have befriended some lovely folk on it.  It's truly a special place.

The good news is that the kidney my wife so kindly donated is to date, working perfectly. A super kidney as my surgeon Mr Robertson called it.

But then again my Mary has always been Superwoman to me so not altogether surprising.  The greatest human being Ive ever met and has literally saved my life and endured the pain of the Op in her uniquely calm manner. The procedure is a lot harder on the donor than the recipient but not one complaint from her. Amazing lady 

This will have a dramatic impact on my health and life so really looking forward to getting on with it once we get over this recovery period. 

Much thanks to ToxtethOGrady for starting the thread. 

Love you guys. Received this today from you all. We love it. 

Dec and Mary 

Xxx

PS. CHAMPIONS

20200703_120754.jpg

Can only echo what everyone else has said Dec. Proper person you, and am still processing the fact your missus might be even sounder! Swift recoveries to you both.

• Upvote 2

Well in mate, glad to see yer back and doing well in recovery. Hopefully Mary will be feeling better soon, it’s hard seeing someone you love who has done so much for you in pain.

Keep away from any of the skanky fuckers on here for a good 6 months while yer immunity is smashed. I DM’d yer on twitter as yer mailbox here was full. 
hope the first post op shite went well!

7 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Well in mate, glad to see yer back and doing well in recovery. Hopefully Mary will be feeling better soon, it’s hard seeing someone you love who has done so much for you in pain.

Keep away from any of the skanky fuckers on here for a good 6 months while yer immunity is smashed. I DM’d yer on twitter as yer mailbox here was full. 
hope the first post op shite went well!

Haha, "the first post op shite"...that brings back some very uncomfortable memories of pushing out what seemed like a toddler-sized turd! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

10 weeks and countless hospital appointment later we finally felt well enough to have a small break so we rented a house in the most northerly part of Ireland near Malin in Donegal (thanks to the wonderful contribution from the beautiful people of Tlw) and have been touring the beautiful coast line. 

20200903_101618.jpg

20200903_105947.jpg

20200903_112732.jpg

20200903_113154.jpg

20200903_112742.jpg

• Upvote 26

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb mate, it looks glorious. Great that you're out and about. If you have a mooch into the fields over the brows you may well find a cache of AK's, a coffee grinder and a few ballies. 

Ha ha, cheers mate, wouldn't surprise me at all if I did! Proper wild and rugged around these parts.