You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 30 Year Wait

Bjornebye

Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

How do these cunts even get fireworks at this time of the year? I've always believed fireworks should only be sold under licence anyhow and my resolve is further strengthened in that belief.

Fireworks? Its was a fucking missile. 

Anyway well put Leyton. Fuck this off on here, sorry it ever entered this thread. 

Get IN! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Fireworks? Its was a fucking missile. 

Anyway well put Leyton. Fuck this off on here, sorry it ever entered this thread. 

Get IN! 

Exactly mate. Let's not let some dickheads take the gloss of this amazing achievement.

WE ARE CHAMPIONS

• Upvote 1

I'm pissed again celebrating.

in my pissed up state i'm trying to imagine who from the past would get into this team and only 3, in my opinion theres only 3, Gerrard, Souness & Dalglish for Fabinho, gini & bobby

1 minute ago, A Red said:

in my pissed up state i'm trying to imagine who from the past would get into this team and only 3, in my opinion theres only 3, Gerrard, Souness & Dalglish for Fabinho, gini & bobby

And that team would win everything including the Tour de France, The Ashes, The Boat Race and The Chase.

Whether we’ve argued, debated, abused each other or whatever. 

We’ve done it on here because we care about this club & we’ve all wanted that title back, we’ve been passionate during the process. 

Enjoy it everyone - it’s back! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, LF:D said:

Whether we’ve argued, debated, abused each other or whatever. 

We’ve done it on here because we care about this club & we’ve all wanted that title back, we’ve been passionate during the process. 

Enjoy it everyone - it’s back! 

And so are you !!!! 

12 minutes ago, A Red said:

Hansen for Gomez. 

Suarez / Salah could be debated for a bit. Then Suarez would just sneak through. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hansen for Gomez. 

Suarez / Salah could be debated for a bit. Then Suarez would just sneak through. 

maybe but it wouldnt matter with souey/kenny/gerrard in the team, i could play centre back

Thinking of a jason and the argonauts thing when us and united could conjure up out of the ground 3 past legends to add to the existing teams, id be a bit scared to see best, edwards and ronaldo but then not worried at all when looking at the team they would be added to.

Love this team and manager.

Not sure how many of them would currently make my greatest ever 11, but what I would say is that there is a good chance in 5-10 years, a number of them will or are in serious chance of doing so.

I think Johnny Barnes, Souness, Kenny, Hansen, Stevie and Rushy are untouchable and probably will be in tem years. Lawro was untouchable previously but now has his place taken by Virgil.

Picking a greatest ever 11 was hard enough before this team came about. Now, it's so five times harder.

59 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Gonna be a Grand Slam of wank in the FA Cup semi-final - Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City. Up until recently, I'd have been irritated. Now I'm like: 

giphy.gif

I'll be honest I have no interest in watching anybody outside Us, Chelsea and the two Mancs.

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The thing about this team is that they are far more than the sum of their parts - and alot of the parts are world class.

Yeah agree with that. World class players everywhere on the pitch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuna.com/amp/liverpoolfc/en/news/2020-03-30-jurgen-klopps-liverpool-vs-1980s-alldecade-reds-team-who-would-win/

Got sent that by a mate today. Would be a belter of a game.

4 hours ago, deiseach said:

Gonna be a Grand Slam of wank in the FA Cup semi-final - Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City. Up until recently, I'd have been irritated. Now I'm like: 

giphy.gif

I think the cup semi final draw is great. The 4 clubs whose fans used to call us out as always shitting the league and just being a cup team, now fighting it out to win the cup as some sort of consolation prize themselves. How the fucking mighty have fallen, how times have changed, eh? Who's fucking laughing now, eh?

• Upvote 1

On 28/06/2020 at 09:28, VladimirIlyich said:

No Rush?

Rush would suit our counter press down to the ground, but would his attacking play suit our current team and set up? He’d not get in one of the wide positions and it’s hard to say he’s be a better fit for bobby’s role that Bobby, never mind Kenny.

however, John Barnes At his best 88/89 gets into any team of ours. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1