You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 30 Year Wait

Bjornebye

Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I honestly don't know what anyone expected lighting the building up in blue, it's such a bitter move designed wholly to provoke.

The football equivalent of donning an orange sash, walking through a Catholic neighbourhood, then moaning when you get eggs pelted at you.

Nope.

• Like 1

Now we can speak in hindsight, would anybody say they are now glad we didn't win the league in 2014? 

On one hand Gerrard gets his Fairytale ending, but ultimately we over achieved a bit that season, we might have kicked on with the added confidence but it also might have been a solitary title, Rodgers could have earned an extra season or two and Klopp would be elsewhere right now. 

Or you could argue that missing out on that is what set off the chain of events leading to us signing Klopp, and everything he has built, we stand on extremely solid ground to win more titles in the near future. 

• Upvote 1

Reminiscent of England fans during major tournaments. Tarnishing the majority of us with their bellendery. So what if there's blue lights on the building? We're English, European and World champs.

The 'craic' or banter as an excuse for being a cunt is getting old.

• Upvote 5

Most of these bellends won’t be match goers, but that doesn’t remove the association with the club.

i just don’t understand the mentality. You know there are thousands of twats lining up to have a go at us, but you do it anyway.

It’s fuck all to do with celebrating the title - and again I’m not saying that to dissociate our support from this behaviour. What I mean is that I’ve lost sleep about the outcome of seasons for years since I was a kid. I’ve lived massive highs and massive lows. I went to the big parade in 05 and I’ve been off my face and loud after big wins and horrible defeats. On Thursday night I watched loads of footy related stuff till about 1am then went to sleep. I then watched a load more yesterday. It feels great - a mixture of relief, satisfaction and happiness for the players and manager. If I lived in Liverpool I might have gone so far as to stand in the street and sing with any red neighbours. But what the fuck has going to the pier head 24 hours later got to do with any of it? It’s not a spontaneous expression of joy, it’s a selfish decision to have a party.

I know someone who died of COVID he almost certainly contracted at the Atletico game. It’s wilfully disrespectful. The way you act around COVID is all about consideration and respect - whether that’s going into the middle of the road when you’re out for a jog and there’s others on the pavement or not leaning across some dozy fucker taking ages in the meat aisle. This behaviour is akin to the fuckwits shitting in boxes on the beach or having illegal raves in Manchester and London. It’s wilfully selfish: ‘I don’t care - I’m going to do it’. 

Lots of the people acting out in these various ways (at least in Liverpool, Brixton and Manchester) would oppose this government on many things, especially Brexit and certainly the handling of the lockdown. But this kind of premeditated wilful selfishness is the perfect expression of Johnson-ism in action: act the cunt because other people are doing it and you’ll probably get away with it and because you feel you’ve got an inalienable right to give the finger to the rest of the world while asserting the identity you think makes you special, no matter what real harm you’re doing. Want to celebrate WW2 nostalgia and white Britain while fucking over your grandkids? Vote Brexit. Want to line your own pockets and those of your mates while fucking over deprived local authorities? Become a government minister? Want to show how defiantly scouse you are and get smashed? Take your pyro down the Pier Head in a pandemic.

Not only does this reflect the government’s nihilism, it feeds it. The strategy for this lot who don’t have a clear ideology, any basic level of competence or any redeeming character attributes between them is to sow division. It’s whataboutery on an industrial scale. ‘Don’t blame us, blame the scousers, the southern working class on the beaches, the black, the racists, the people who go to JD Sports and Primark, etc etc’. It works. They want this stuff to happen. They want us to blame each other and get defensive and blame Cummings.

I’m also mildly embarrassed by the scale of our celebrations. Sure, there should be a big fuss about it and a proper parade in due course for the likes of us and and the players. Sure, we can’t police who can come along and we have lots of supporters who don’t feel it like we do and will jump on the bandwagon. Sure, the 30-year wait makes it unique and a massive relief, but it’s one title. I’m pleased Sky and BBC have made a big fuss, and it is special, but it can be overdone so that it can begin to feel a bit like Everton winning a derby and bringing out a DVD after a while. 

I guess what I’m saying is that there is nothing about what happened on the pitch that should lead anyone to think they should be congregating in town at all. Onto City then next year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 18

The fucking size of the "firework" they fired too. 

It's knobhead behaviour. All it needed was a gust of wind or someone inadvertently bumping into the herbert who was setting it off and the whole trajectory of it could've been changed and a massive projectile could've ended up in somebody's face. 

Total disregard for the safety of other's just to try and look good in front of his mates. Selfish bellend. 

6 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Most of these bellends won’t be match goers, but that doesn’t remove the association with the club.

i just don’t understand the mentality. You know there are thousands of twats lining up to have a go at us, but you do it anyway.

It’s fuck all to do with celebrating the title - and again I’m not saying that to dissociate our support from this behaviour. What I mean is that I’ve lost sleep about the outcome of seasons for years since I was a kid. I’ve lived massive highs and massive lows. I went to the big parade in 05 and I’ve been off my face and loud after big wins and horrible defeats. On Thursday night I watched loads of footy related stuff till about 1am then went to sleep. I then watched a load more yesterday. It feels great - a mixture of relief, satisfaction and happiness for the players and manager. If I lived in Liverpool I might have gone so far as to stand in the street and sing with any red neighbours. But what the fuck has going to the pier head 24 hours later got to do with any of it? It’s not a spontaneous expression of joy, it’s a selfish decision to have a party.

I know someone who died of COVID he almost certainly contracted at the Atletico game. It’s wilfully disrespectful. The way you act around COVID is all about consideration and respect - whether that’s going into the middle of the road when you’re out for a jog and there’s others on the pavement or not leaning across some dozy fucker taking ages in the meat aisle. This behaviour is akin to the fuckwits shitting in boxes on the beach or having illegal raves in Manchester and London. It’s wilfully selfish: ‘I don’t care - I’m going to do it’. 

Lots of the people acting out in these various ways (at least in Liverpool, Brixton and Manchester) would oppose this government on many things, especially Brexit and certainly the handling of the lockdown. But this kind of premeditated wilful selfishness is the perfect expression of Johnson-ism in action: act the cunt because other people are doing it and you’ll probably get away with it and because you feel you’ve got an inalienable right to give the finger to the rest of the world while asserting the identity you think makes you special, no matter what real harm you’re doing. Want to celebrate WW2 nostalgia and white Britain while fucking over your grandkids? Vote Brexit. Want to line your own pockets and those of your mates while fucking over deprived local authorities? Become a government minister? Want to show how defiantly scouse you are and get smashed? Take your pyro down the Pier Head in a pandemic.

Not only does this reflect the government’s nihilism, it feeds it. The strategy for this lot who don’t have a clear ideology, any basic level of competence or any redeeming character attributes between them is to sow division. It’s whataboutery on an industrial scale. ‘Don’t blame us, blame the scousers, the southern working class on the beaches, the black, the racists, the people who go to JD Sports and Primark, etc etc’. It works. They want this stuff to happen. They want us to blame each other and get defensive and blame Cummings.

I’m also mildly embarrassed by the scale of our celebrations. Sure, there should be a big fuss about it and a proper parade in due course for the likes of us and and the players. Sure, we can’t police who can come along and we have lots of supporters who don’t feel it like we do and will jump on the bandwagon. Sure, the 30-year wait makes it unique and a massive relief, but it’s one title. I’m pleased Sky and BBC have made a big fuss, and it is special, but it can be overdone so that it can begin to feel a bit like Everton winning a derby and bringing out a DVD after a while. 

I guess what I’m saying is that there is nothing about what happened on the pitch that should lead anyone to think they should be congregating in town at all. Onto City then next year.

Great post mate. Spot on. 

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yep. We set fire to "their" building. Knew they would milk this and completely over exaggerate it. They are like a miserable bird who remembers every single thing you've ever done wrong and never shuts up about it as well as exaggerating it even more every time they bring it up.

In fairness there’s no defending this

28 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

It's like you read my mind but put it into much better words. Bravo mate.

A few additional points.

1. There’s an undercurrent of cunt behaviour at and around our away games. It can be funny when you only see it now and then, and I’m big enough not to be intimidated, but there are some horrible fuckers who follow us and some of the behaviour around it makes me uncomfortable. Calling people wools if they stand up to queue jumping, sink pissing and pyro dickheadedness. It needs calling out. 

2. A lot of these twats won’t have gone to many away games and won’t be used to Being corralled by police and stewards, abused by six-fingered locals, and hearing ‘typical scousers’, ‘killed your own fans’, ‘if it wasn’t for the scousers we could stand’ etc. I’ve felt physically in danger from police-caused crushes twice and my ex was hurt in a crush at Stamford Bridge then abused by a police officer for ‘getting there late’ when she’d queued for an hour to get in. This behaviour encourages that attitude and legitimises it.

3. Jonathon Walters is a bad Wirral Tory meff.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The fucking size of the "firework" they fired too. 

It's knobhead behaviour. All it needed was a gust of wind or someone inadvertently bumping into the herbert who was setting it off and the whole trajectory of it could've been changed and a massive projectile could've ended up in somebody's face. 

Total disregard for the safety of other's just to try and look good in front of his mates. Selfish bellend. 

How do these cunts even get fireworks at this time of the year? I've always believed fireworks should only be sold under licence anyhow and my resolve is further strengthened in that belief.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

How do these cunts even get fireworks at this time of the year? I've always believed fireworks should only be sold under licence anyhow and my resolve is further strengthened in that belief.

There was a Twitter account doing the rounds yesterday, saying that they'd be at the Pier Head between 4 and 6 bells selling pyro. 

Eveytime I think of those knobheads at Pier Head, I momentarily get angry and it briefly takes away my joy of what Jurgen and the lads did.

This sizeable minority have done exactly what our lovely mayor said they would do. I mightn't like him but he called it right and that hurts me. 

So much hurts me about this. The toxic relationship with Everton and how incidents like this make it worse - every year more and more boss Reds and Blues pass away and are increasingly replaced by the Pier Head element or the bitter blue twats. The fact that a city that has suffered so much over the past few months because of a pandemic can have selfish cunts gathering in large numbers and basically giving the two fingers to us all. Last night was a perfect storm - there was nobody there to self police the mob because decent reds were few and far between in that crowd. So different to the parade last year.

• Upvote 3

So the 30 year wait is finally over and it feels amazing. I was 7 the last time we won the league and its been a painful 30 years of near misses and massive disappointments.

The 90s were so so poor for us in a time when we had the players and the talent at the club and should have won the league with the players we had. That team of 96 should have won the league but it all fell apart. 

With the league won and is also winning the CL we need to ensure we stay where we are and for me we need to also end another long wait which is the FA Cup. 

Its been 14 years since we last won it and although its no longer regarded in such high esteem it is a major trophy and I'm desperate for us to win it again. 

It still has that magical feeling for me. 

• Upvote 2