You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 30 Year Wait

Bjornebye

Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?

I was 19 last time we did this.  Just over a year out of school after finishing my A levels, engaged four months earlier, working in a shite job but with high hopes for the future, wondering when I'd be able to afford to start saving for a deposit on a house, whether I'd end up having kids, all the rest of it.

I'm 49 now. Still in a shite job, single (me and that girl broke up in '92 by the way), no kids thank God, still don't own a house and never will now.

Don't give a fuck.  Life is beautiful.  I love you all.

• Upvote 8

Cheers all.

Cried like a big fucking baby.

Feels incredible.

CHAMPIONS......

DRINK IT IN, ALL.

CHAMPIONS!!

A Liverbird upon my chest, We are men of Shankly's best...A team that plays the Liverpool way, And wins the championship in May.

Well June but fuck it!!

• Upvote 1

The first thirty years flew by, the next thirty seemed to take so much longer. To every Red tonight, absolutely wallow in this glory. Emlyn Hughes got asked after we won the league in '77 'What's been the most important Championship win?'. Hughes said 'This one - because it's NOW!'. Treasure every moment .... until the next one. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

finally, fucking finally.

im not even that old (38), but im sure im not the only one on this forum that, at times, never thought we'd ever see us win a league title again.

Dont get me wrong, the european cup is great, its such a climax, but the league has been the holy grail for nearly everyone of us for the best part of our lives. 

im over the moon, could not be happier

this team and managerial set up have been easily our best ever team, and yes, i include all our previous teams under Shanks, Bob and Kenny. This team would wipe the floor wth the lot of them, like they've done with every team in the league this season.

to coin a phrase from my scouse friends.

I'M MADE UP!!!

Fucking brilliant.  They've got to find a way for those players to lift the trophy in front of some fans, especially now pubs etc are opening.  Maybe 3 trophy lifts?  15k in Anfield, 10k Stanley Park, 10k at the docks or St George's plateau?? All on the same day. 

The big players will get the plaudits. And rightly so. 

But, I'm giving a shout out to a much maligned squad player. 

Adrián San Miguel del Castello. 

When Alisson went off in that first game against Norwich and the long term injury was confirmed, a lot of us feared the worst. 

This fella came in. Wasn't brilliant by any means, but played his part in getting us to 8 consecutive league wins and laying the foundations for us to build upon. 

I think that deserves acknowledgement and he's one of the lesser figuring players who can look at his league winners medal and think "I did my bit for the team to be able to get these."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1