You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 30 Year Wait

Bjornebye

Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?

I was only 4, so I've never seen us win the title and the wait has literally been my whole life. Putting up with United fans throughout school gloating every 5 minutes.

I did doubt if I'd ever see the day to be honest, soo many near misses.

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

Dunno about Chelsea blue, but I'm sure some Bloo in your neighbourhood will have a Chelsea flag. And a Man City one, Man Utd one, Madrid one, Barca one (charred), Ajax, Spurs, Atletico, WatfordNapoliPSGRedStarastonvilla...

Might ask for a pair of Lonsdales as well. 

Fuck me, 34 at the time of the last one having been spoilt rotten on the art of lifting trophies.

Always used to say to the shite that football is all about the good days out and I had many of them home and abroad.

Memories of the intervening years revolve around, Beckham, cross, goal. Kop end, Anny road, fuckin everywhere.

The football we play now is on a par with the last one as both teams have players who make you smile.

Live in Turkey now and will show my Liver bird tattoo to anyone I meet.

Supporters all over the world scarf will hang from the balcony when it's done.

But the biggest joy for me will be shoving it back down the throats of every cunt who sang the Stevie G slip song. Got nothing on us now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just dropped a prezzie off for my disabled uncle. He was saying he hopes we win it tonight as it's his birthday, and exactly 10 years ago today he was admitted to hospital with a partially severed spinal cord, so ever since he's associated his birthday with that horrible memory, I hope we can do it tonight so he can forever associate his birthday with winning the Prem instead. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

I was 9, Rosettes where aplenty. My nan every single time Liverpool won a game said " who where they playing.. A blind school" beyond that I don't remember details just long hot summer's fishing in the creek, me and huckleberry finn going about our adventures, sometimes chunk and data would pop round and we'd make a Kelly Lebrock, drink some creme soda, have a spira and a wank. The best of times.

• Upvote 1

I was 11 last time around and took for granted winning everything. This will be emotional and I'll be fairly tipsy to say the least but I'll be honest and say the Covid19 has taken a little shine off it for me. Not being able to celebrate with my mates in a pub is a bit odd but I'm sure we'll meet in a field somewhere and toast a few there. 

Great year 1990 got married and we won the league I thought the glory years would last forever but how wrong was i,  to come so close in 2014 was heartbreaking and I thought the title would desert us for years to come 

To come so close last year was very tough to take but the job Jurgen and the boys ( love the way he calls them the boys by the way ) have done is truly outstanding and  testimony to how motivated and focused he has managed to make this superb bunch of players into champions 

I honestly think he will use the fact that the fans can't be in the ground to see it or a parade for the majority of us to attend just yet of course as motivation to win it next year .

• Like 1

Have said before that my lad turns 30 in August and so he's ran the full gamut of hilarious bantz for a long long time now. Payback is going to be such a huge bitch, I don't think he actually realises yet. Beers with my son will be as good as it can get for me, probably have a bit of that pesky shit that seems to get in your eyes too. Loads of time to catch up with mates later, this one's about family.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been ill for six month and will undergo another treatment for 6 month . This year’ s football was really helpful to look at the bright side. Then covid happened, there were talk of voided season. 

i was 18 in 1990, a dye hard fan for  8 years already, a but Isolated where I live in Brittany but that was great in the 80’, even though I don’t remember much of 1990. Heysel and Hillsborough took me away from Liverpool and football. 90 ‘ were not That great but I travelled a lot around the world, studied, found love, I was busy. I was back in business really with Owen, Gerard m, Hyppia and co, and became a a big TLW fan from 2002 when I stated reading the fanzine and met Dave.  Istanbul was Istanbul, 2009 was a pity, and I lost 6 month of my life in 2014 between June and December. Last year was frustrating, but this year well what a great time to be a read.

its more an alienation than a passion, but it’s going to be tremendous, shared with my 11 year old son. He’s been a big fan since 2013, had some bad times like all of us, and that win in Madrid was  really important for him. We could win you know! 

Let’s just enjoy every moment , hope we win at City, but I’m totally fine tu win it tonite. 

• Upvote 4

I was about 2 when we last won it, my first proper memory is the 96 FA cup final.

Weird that I've gone my whole life supporting this giant club and not once have I watched us be crowned champions of England. 

Our various European tours have helped, but this is something that's brand new to me. 

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Oh yes.

My dad came to wake up a 7 year-old me to tell me to come downstairs and watch our local team winning the UEFA Cup.  No way back after that.

I actually don't have very strong memories of the last time we won it.  Liverpool winning was routine and my head was up my arse, going through a divorce and preparing to leave my job and start a course at Uni.

I was at the QPR game in 1990 that clinched it but didnt expect to have to wait 30 years for it to happen again.

I was 9 and have no memory of it. Liverpool had pretty much won the league every year of my life so what was the big deal? I have much more detailed memories of FA cup victories and defeats, for whatever reason. And I was gutted when England got knocked out the World Cup. 

Honestly, I didn't think we'd ever win the league again. I thought the oil barons had it stitched up. And I thought Leicester (as great as they were) had a shit tonne of luck and fortune fall their way. 

But the thing is I'm not sure how to celebrate. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Just dropped a prezzie off for my disabled uncle. He was saying he hopes we win it tonight as it's his birthday, and exactly 10 years ago today he was admitted to hospital with a partially severed spinal cord, so ever since he's associated his birthday with that horrible memory, I hope we can do it tonight so he can forever associate his birthday with winning the Prem instead. 

Made up for your uncle, mate.

• Upvote 1