You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) 2/7/2020 - Premier League - 20:15

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

When it bounces off his knee first and hits his elbow 0.2 seconds later.  It's in no way hand ball at all and not one cunt on here would pretend it is if it was Allison.  Yet you have eejits falling over themselves blaming the ref for a clear pen being given and not sending off their keeper for a brilliant bit of goalkeeping.

This used to be happening once or twice a month, thankfully, it's VERY rare these days.

Calm down, dear!

I don't have any complaints. I just think that's evident hand ball and should have been a free kick. No big deal.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Don't give him the chance to go down PB, you know he's looking for it, you know he'll take it, don't fucking give him it.

Very much a one off these days.  I'd like to see us shake it off as such against Villa.   Absolutely zero point blaming a referee if you're defending like a prick and giving him the option.

I'm not blaming the referee mate, although he couldn't wait to give that penalty. It was daft by Gomez as I've said, but Sterling conned the referee imo, not the first to do so and won't be the last. He gave us one as well until VAR said it was outside the box, not sure why VAR didn't use their calibration tool as it looked 50/50. Not that it mattered in the big scheme of things. Our lads were still hungover and Guardiola had his lads fired up to win the who gives a fuck trophy apart from City fans, ex players and that Manc cunt Tyler. Let them jizz themselves about it, we'll be lifting the trophy against Chelsea in a few weeks time. 

Don’t get on your high horses.... the first 25 mins we were the better team, wasting two good chances, once they scored it was always going to be difficult, as we were going to have to chase the game, and that is what they want, especially with De Bruyne in charge.... should have played villa tonight and them on Sunday...

22 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I thought the Ederson challenge was risky for his own safety, to be honest. Salah pulled out. If that was in the 70's when players were all pissed up hard men, Ederson would have gotten a face full of studs. 

Or, indeed, if this was a few years ago and it was Mane going in for a 50/50 ball with Ederson.  (Now there's a refereeing decision I will disagree with!)

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They waited until the 80's

I remember watching that live, he still didn't get out of his box the dirty cunt. 

36 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Calm down, dear!

I don't have any complaints. I just think that's evident hand ball and should have been a free kick. No big deal.

if it’s a free kick, it’s a sending off. And that was never a sending off offence. The ball ricocheted onto his arm, he knew fuck all about it. 

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What a stinker of a game. Even the best tend to lose their motivation when the deal is done. Just a shame it was against City.

Yep, the flip side of getting City to give the guard of honour was facing a highly-motivated City after less-than-ideal preparation. 

24 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

if it’s a free kick, it’s a sending off. And that was never a sending off offence. The ball ricocheted onto his arm, he knew fuck all about it. 

Peculiar logic. I'm not sober enough to formalize it.

In any case, not every foul committed by a goalkeeper - even a handling foul outside the box - is a red card offence.

7 minutes ago, A_S said:

Yep, the flip side of getting City to give the guard of honour was facing a highly-motivated City after less-than-ideal preparation. 

Dethroned Champions playing the new Champions in the first game since the change. City were highly motivated for this game even without the honour guard.

On the whole, we were unprofessional. Robbo was in the news asking for an extra day off to celebrate the title win. Tonight, he and others players looked like they were still suffering the effects of prolonged celebrations.

Hope they reflect on that when they wake up to the headlines in the morning 'Champions thrashed at city.' It's bizarre, people who were saying the league wasnt won and they were nervous after the everton game now saying this result doesnt matter.

I thought their behaviour during the guard of honour was interesting. 

The way they half arsed it, looking away, some not even clapping, before all walking off halfway through, no way Klopp would have let our lads do that. 

I remember the Community Shield was supposed to be a big psychological advantage for the winner, especially considering how tight it was between us last season.

They won, so Klopp rounded up all the players and had them stand and watch them lift the trophy, partly as a sign of respect to the team that won, but also to show them that we aren't going away, they might have won that small battle but we're still hungry and we're coming after you, extra motivation for us and something for them to worry about. 

Little moments like that can add to the strength of character that our players have, and lots if small moments like that can be the foundation of a winning team. 

So I wonder what psychology is at play when you have one team willing to live in that moment and build from it, and another team doing their best to be dismissive and to not acknowledge the situation. 

At the very least it indicates the gulf in class between the teams. 

gettyimages-1159679974-2048x2048.jpg

1991928.jpg

bernardo-silva-snub.jpg

20200703_015358.jpg

20200703_015351.jpg

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

I thought their behaviour during the guard of honour was interesting. 

The way they half arsed it, looking away, some not even clapping, before all walking off halfway through, no way Klopp would have let our lads do that. 

I remember the Community Shield was supposed to be a big psychological advantage for the winner, especially considering how tight it was between us last season.

They won, so Klopp rounded up all the players and had them stand and watch them lift the trophy, partly as a sign of respect to the team that won, but also to show them that we aren't going away, they might have won that small battle but we're still hungry and we're coming after you, extra motivation for us and something for them to worry about. 

Little moments like that can add to the strength of character that our players have, and lots if small moments like that can be the foundation of a winning team. 

So I wonder what psychology is at play when you have one team willing to live in that moment and build from it, and another team doing their best to be dismissive and to not acknowledge the situation. 

At the very least it indicates the gulf in class between the teams. 

gettyimages-1159679974-2048x2048.jpg

1991928.jpg

bernardo-silva-snub.jpg

20200703_015358.jpg

20200703_015351.jpg

Yes, Bernando Silva stood out at the time. Couldn't be arsed clapping, and then walked off while half our team was still in the tunnel.

Seems a really snide that one.

I think the greatest difference between the two managers is that Guardiola probably isn't actually a very good "people" person at all, while Klopp is phenomenal at that side of management. 

There seems to be very little balance with Guardiola, he's constantly on edge. The intensity and attention to detail is no doubt fantastic for developing a style of football, and improving players (I think we can often be a bit churlish about this, players like Sterling, both Silvas, De Bruyne, etc have improved immeasurably under his management) but I doubt many of the players will remember him that fondly as a man.

It all seems to come far more naturally for Klopp.

• Upvote 3

I'm never happy when we lose of course, but if I were to compare how I felt after this to say the Watford match, I'd say today has elicited about 1/100th of the reaction from me.

Doubt Klopp will be anywhere near as blaise about the performances today mind, and I have a feeling Villa are going to pay for today.

• Upvote 1